Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 31

Old 06-15-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Best wishes for tomorrow Conquest. Flashing what I imagine will be a rock star smile will make it all worthwhile I bet!

I may consider something like Invisalign one day phoebe. I had braces but guess who didn't wear his retainer?! I hope your kiddos' finals go well.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Aww, V, that would be tough for me too, a stone uncovering. It took me almost a year, I think, to deal with adding my dad's name to the headstone. I just did not like dealing with facing it all. I miss him, and it has been 4 years.

I hope little V is ok.

Mark, if you decide to do invisalign, consult an orthodontist. I am not so sure my dentist is as attentive to the details of bite that my childhood orthodontist was. This is addressing shifting I have had as well. I had braces, full train tracks, for 4 years as a teen! Both dentists and orthodontists offer them. In some ways, I think regular braces, if you can stand it cosmetically, might be faster. I find, because I can take them out, that I may forget to put them back in, and then, I lose a little time here and there, and in the end, it takes longer. But, if you are a professional in meetings, it is nice if you can take them out. Sometimes I talk funny, or they can get a bit spitty, lol, while trying to project. I don't really have to do any of that, so its okay for me, and, you can remove them for brief periods to eat, brush or for a meeting. Just the inside scoop!
Old 06-15-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Ahhh, thx phoebe. Little one gets braces next month and that'll deplete my HSA for a bit. Given what you said I'd likely go with braces again. I can roll with it professionally and I don't mind if people see them. My teeth have drifted too. Not too bad, but I do think about it sometimes.

V, Sorry I missed the info about the stone ceremony. I'm not familiar with that. I hope all goes well.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow, Conquest. All will be fine! Stay close and let us know how it goes, alright?

I had braces as a kid too. That sucked to say the least. It worked out well in the end and I still have a great smile, but boy I kinda hope my kids don't have to go through that business.

Wife and I tried to watch the first season of Bloodline, V and we couldn't get through it. Maybe watched 3 or 4 episodes and thought it was way too slow and depressing. Also, it seems like every scene someone is drinking.

Feel better little V and big V!

Oh yeah, supper happy your job situation has worked out for the better, Briar. It's seems from my perspective that this could be quite monumental for you. Some underlying drinking issues maybe resolved? Maybe even more at the core personally. Good going! Onward!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow, Conquest!!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

See you tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Yes, Briar, forgot to mention how happy I am for you in your new job! I had missed along the way that you had actually gotten it!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks guys!

Good luck Conquest, you're almost done!

Aw V, I hope little V is okay...poor thing.

And smart choice Phoebe, drinking just turns one crappy day into two. Or two months, at least, if you're me!

Yeah, I ditched my retainer sometime during college, and I found out why you're supposed to keep wearing those. Oh well, it isn't too bad, just my natural gaps. I probably won't have them fixed. I just don't care that much.

I saw my new desk today. It's in a different building, and it's arguably the sh*ttiest cubicle in the whole office. I don't even think there was meant to be a cubicle there in the first place. I say this with a huge smile because I'm going to be so much happier there, it's perfect! Everything about this new arrangement is awesome!

Unlike most people, I don't like to sit near a window because I have some weird mood issues with light and time of day. I stay more stable throughout the day if I can't see the change in the light. When I'm especially unstable, I try not to even leave the building at lunch because the daylight can sometimes mess me up. One of my most brutal depressions ever started immediately after I moved into an office with a window, and it ended right after I moved to one without. Of course I would never tell my employer this, so I always just hope for a crappy desk way back in the corner. Luckily, I work for the government, so I always get my wish . I've also looked like a very nice person a couple times when I was offered a window desk and turned it down like "nah, give it to the new guy, I want him to be happy here!" Totally self-serving all the way around, ha!
Old 06-16-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Awesome on the new job Briar, no looking back! I have a huge office with three desks and just me. I got to pick.

Dentist set me back $3,200 a few months ago. That was my flexible spending for the year. Sigh. I am at the periodontist every 3 months. Here's my version of rock star
Old 06-16-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Y'all are the best! Thanks so much for the well wishes. They are a much needed boost today. Once the house was clear of kiddos, I went to bed early last night and just woke up, will be leaving in an hour or so. I'll have a few days in bed so A friend of mine gave me a list of shows that she's loved on Netflix. I think I'll start with Black Sails, a series with pirates (of course!).

Briar, I can't say enough how excited I am for you! My vision of your cubicle made me think of the show fixer upper. We could give it a makeover to include an artist's nook for your mandalas and a chef's corner for your many awesome recipes!

Ooh, the block says I better get moving. Big hugs! I'll check in when I can. Thanks again everyone!!!!
Old 06-16-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Conquest, I am sending you huge hugs, a big pot of virtual soup, and some healthy smoothies. I hope all goes well, and you recover quickly.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

(((Conquest)))

BD, that is indeed a rockstar smile! beautiful
Old 06-16-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Awesome on the new job Briar, no looking back! I have a huge office with three desks and just me. I got to pick.

Dentist set me back $3,200 a few months ago. That was my flexible spending for the year. Sigh. I am at the periodontist every 3 months. Here's my version of rock star

Darn; I missed it!!!!!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Conquest!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday/Friday, all.

Be back later.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I survived! All went well and he needed a lot less drugs to knock me out so I'm much more alert this time. And now at home with my mom and a Family Feud marathon. Steve Harvey always cracks me up. Thanks again and again for the well wishes!
Old 06-16-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy to hear that it went well, Conquest.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good going, Conquest!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Woot Woot.....got er done!!! Glad that's behind you Conquest.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Happy to hear you are home Conquest love.

Hi everyone. ♥