Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 31

Old 06-14-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Congrats Arbor!! Wow!

V, I hope your wound is healing.

I got a leash burn(think rope burn) against my Achilles tendon yesterday. The dog was dashing back and forth between daughter and I, and he went between my legs and around one at top speed. he was tethered to the porch on a very long line, about 40'. Ouch. What we suffer for the love of our pets, huh, V?

I have promised myself I will be productive today and get off the computer/phone. So, signing off.

Have a good day gang! Gorgeous here.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Congrats Arbor!

Wishing a speedy recovery for our injured ladies!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Congrats Arbor!! Wow!

V, I hope your wound is healing.

I got a leash burn(think rope burn) against my Achilles tendon yesterday. The dog was dashing back and forth between daughter and I, and he went between my legs and around one at top speed. he was tethered to the porch on a very long line, about 40'. Ouch. What we suffer for the love of our pets, huh, V?

I have promised myself I will be productive today and get off the computer/phone. So, signing off.

Have a good day gang! Gorgeous here.

Ouch, ouch, ouch phoebe. Hope you heal quickly.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Happy Tuesday all and a large congratulations to Arbor on rounding out 9 months of freedom!

Gym time...

Fantastic, dear Arbor!!!!!!!!! - congratulations.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday, all!!!!!

Be back later.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Gang. Was not as productive as I had hoped, but had a big nap this afternoon. Oh well. I found myself feeling so tired, so, went to rest a bit before the kids came home, and nobody woke me up! Daughter has finals this week so got right to studying, and son had a book he was reading.

Of course, I will probably be up all night now... But getting a few things done now. Roasting cauliflower at 9:30pm, lol. It needed doing and I like it cold on my salads. Headed off to fold a mountain of laundry.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

That's a great idea phoebes. I like roasted cauliflower better than raw but have not tried in salad. Yep, I'm always learning from y'all.

I'm just in from watching little one and her sleep over friend swimming. Full on summer mode for this household. But school starts back around 1st week of August. It's so hot then it's just as well.

I caught a shot just now of the sun setting on another sober day.....a special one for Sir Arbor! Here's to many more for the gang!

Old 06-14-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I've got to get a better camera than this iPad before my big trip! The colors were brilliant in reality!
Old 06-14-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
That's a great idea phoebes. I like roasted cauliflower better than raw but have not tried in salad. Yep, I'm always learning from y'all.

I'm just in from watching little one and her sleep over friend swimming. Full on summer mode for this household. But school starts back around 1st week of August. It's so hot then it's just as well.

I caught a shot just now of the sun setting on another sober day.....a special one for Sir Arbor! Here's to many more for the gang!

Lovely sunset photo, Mark.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi Gang. Was not as productive as I had hoped, but had a big nap this afternoon. Oh well. I found myself feeling so tired, so, went to rest a bit before the kids came home, and nobody woke me up! Daughter has finals this week so got right to studying, and son had a book he was reading.

Of course, I will probably be up all night now... But getting a few things done now. Roasting cauliflower at 9:30pm, lol. It needed doing and I like it cold on my salads. Headed off to fold a mountain of laundry.

Have you tried mashed cauliflower, phoebe? It's quite good.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Still looks awesome Mark.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

Have you tried mashed cauliflower, phoebe? It's quite good.
I tried it once, Leigh, and I did not like it. Maybe I overcooked it? I'm not a picky eater, either. Do you have a good recipe for it?
Old 06-15-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Awesome news on the new job Briar-so happy for you Arbor, hard to believe how that year has flown by-Happy Belated Birthday to Henry. My great niece is turning three this weekend. She announced that she wants to have a Purple Party and everyone should wear purple. I bought my nephew a scooter for his and Alexandra loved it. I found a PURPLE one with light up wheels. It's coming today. Go me!

Hi Phoebe, Mark and Leigh, good luck with the surgery Conquest and Venus-feel better-Little V never meant to hurt you but watcha watching girl?
Just started Season Two of Bloodline on Netflix. Now, that's a dark one.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

It still looks beautiful Mark.

I love cauliflower but haven't tried roasting it. Maybe this weekend I'll try. No one else in this house will eat it.

Day 3 of training for my new job. I can't believe how much more I was doing in a job that was "equivalent" to this one. Interviews are in progress for my old job. We had 4 internal candidates, 3 have bailed out, and the fourth is meeting with me this morning before her interview to learn more before she decides whether to go through with the interview. The job would be a significant pay increase for all of them, but they don't think it's worth it. While I really don't want to train someone from outside, it's validating to know that people agree with me - that job is hell.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

What a relief for you, Briar! Candidates bailing out says a lot. I'm so happy you've found a less stressful spot. Good luck with training today!

BD, I love the idea of a purple party! How cute is that?!

I hope Phoebe, V, and Leigh are on the mend today.

It's full on summer mode here, too. Two of my young cousins have been here for a surprise visit for the last couple of days. Jr has loved the company. It's been nothing but junk food, muddy feet, and belly laughs, all precious stuff. This evening, I'm taking the cousins home and jr to his mom's for a few days while I recoup from tomorrow's surgery. The summer craziness with our guests has been a welcomed distraction from my anxiety about it. Just so ready to get it over with!

I hope each of you has a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I tried it once, Leigh, and I did not like it. Maybe I overcooked it? I'm not a picky eater, either. Do you have a good recipe for it?

I used one that I found on-line; I'll look for it and post it if I find it.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday/Thursday, all.

Be back later.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Conquest, good luck with your surgery. I will be thinking of you.

Thanks, Leigh, if you find it, no worries. I can try another. I think my issue is I am more a fan of it "al dente" rather than mushy. In fact, what I roasted last night is too soft for me, but I will suffer through it. I had rinsed it, so it steamed before it dried up and browned.

Just back from the dentist myself, and I have some cavity or such we need to make a plan for. So, I need to go back to make that plan? I am in the midst of invisalign treatment too, so I think she needed time to assess if the filling/drilling would interfere with how the aligners will fit, if I get a tooth altered. I find the dentist office very stressful. It is a huge trigger for me, actually. It has me craving a bottle of wine tonight, but not going to do it.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

The stress triggers cravings for me too, Phoebe. We know it won't work. It never does.
What DOES work is a nap! Just a quick one should do the trick zzzzz
Old 06-15-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

(((phoebe))) ♥

All the best for tomorrow Conquest darling.

So glad to hear you sounding happy Briar love. Wow, this was a good move for you huh? And of course no one wants your old job. They may need to get two people to do it in order to fill that role.

Ah, so awesome to see you BD. Here I mean. I love that you check into the 24-hour thread.

Watching, yes, that's an interesting question. I gobbled Grace & Frankie, it was wonderful. Orphan Black has the final episode tonight, so

I have started the first episode of Bloodline S2 about 5 times, and I am feeling how depressing it is. Plus, last season had such glorious colour, and this one is all kind of washed out. So I don't know what to watch at all. Oh, such terrible problems.

I am moody though. It is my dad's consecration (stone uncovering, don't ask me why my religion does these things, not a fan) on Sunday.

And Vcat is sick. So we are off to the vet.

Hello darling Leigh, Mark, Arbor... ♥