Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 31

Old 06-12-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe love. And we will be right here with you helping you deal with it if you need us. Even if you don't.

I could not watch that movie. Not a chance. You are very brave.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I rarely watch movies at all anymore, I'm too sensitive. Even my daughter's Disney movies can put me in a funk that lasts into the next day. But, I mean, let's face it, Disney movies are kinda messed up. Anyone ever notice the dead or absent parents theme? It's creepy.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi phoebe love. And we will be right here with you helping you deal with it if you need us. Even if you don't.

I could not watch that movie. Not a chance. You are very brave.

What venus said - on both counts.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I rarely watch movies at all anymore, I'm too sensitive. Even my daughter's Disney movies can put me in a funk that lasts into the next day. But, I mean, let's face it, Disney movies are kinda messed up. Anyone ever notice the dead or absent parents theme? It's creepy.
I agree, Briar. Some of the Disney movies are a little dark.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Sweet dreams.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Right here if ya need us, Phoebs. And yeah, that movie looks pretty intense.

My wife and I are pretty much the same when it comes to stressful flicks. Why go there. But we don't watch many either, Briar. By the time we are able to all we want to do is go to bed. Last night was rare though. We stayed up and watched The Chef on Netflix. Was pretty funny.

Disney is geared towards children and fantasy. Maybe that's why there's no adults?
Old 06-12-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Goodnight Leigh.

I haven't seen a movie in a few years, but on the rare occasion one is considered I expect to feel positive and uplifted when I walk out. I'm strictly a happy ending guy. Braveheart almost did me in.

Great lunch at moms and reliving of our family trip. I finally shared with them that on our last day of snorkeling in trunk bay a shark cruised directly under me. Almost made me ink!
Old 06-12-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good movie quote right there, Mark!! One of our family favorites of all time.

I love watching movies. I used to watch more, when younger. I liked being a critic, in that I could find many movies entertaining on some level, by viewing it critically, not purely for feeling good about seeing it. Now, I do lean towards happy endings. My husband has an interest in Holocaust themed movies, which I don't share. I cannot bear it. Though we all loved The Book Thief. Still, we all sobbed at the end.

Watching to Tony Awards now. Some amazing performances. I forgot it was on until 9:15.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Good movie quote right there, Mark!! One of our family favorites of all time.

I love watching movies. I used to watch more, when younger. I liked being a critic, in that I could find many movies entertaining on some level, by viewing it critically, not purely for feeling good about seeing it. Now, I do lean towards happy endings. My husband has an interest in Holocaust themed movies, which I don't share. I cannot bear it. Though we all loved The Book Thief. Still, we all sobbed at the end.

Watching to Tony Awards now. Some amazing performances. I forgot it was on until 9:15.

The Book Thief was an amazing film; I sobbed at the end, too.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Mark ~ do you have any more photos from your trip? I know we would all love to see them.

I'm with you on the movie front...nothing that makes me cry. No way. I like happy, or scary, or just brilliant drama. But no sad...I never even saw Bambi.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Happy Monday/Tuesday, all.

Have a lovely day, all.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Y'all won't believe this, but I've never seen The Lion King. And I've heard it's really good!

The weekend flew by! The guys brought home a couple of huge catfish and gave them to a neighbor. My favorite is to fry them in cornmeal batter, not too healthy I guess. But the fish taco idea sounds awesome.
I got caught up on some TV time and managed to work my way to the bottom of the laundry basket. Tonight, I've invited family over to watch the nba playoff game... Im thinking pizza is in order.

How's your hand Venus? That sounds very painful.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Mornin', Conquest!!!!!!

I love The Lion King although it does contain Disney 'darkness' but, as usual, goodness prevails.

The music is outstanding!!!!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Never seen the Lion King either, Conquest. Your not alone!!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Arbor, you still have time, lol. The littles will want to see it someday!

We will be watching the playoffs too, Conquest!
Old 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Me neither.

Circle Of Life- The Lion King
Old 06-13-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It was another gorgeous Summer day here today. Had a little pool time and, hopefully, absorbed a little vitamin D. I am still very weak (have not fully recovered yet and need to build some strength) - think that I'll start out walking some laps in the pool for stamina and resistance and then build up to swimming laps.

Hope that everyone had a great day.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Wow Leigh. I can't imagine being sick that long. I should count my lucky stars. Did you get a flu shot? My kids get them, but I hardly do. Are you all settled now with the move? How do you like your new place/location?

Tried to meditate a bit tonight. Focused on just the summer breeze. Been very breezy around here lately. Even last week it was and the temps are just so perfect. So, I had the breeze going good. Then my mind went to the chirping birds. All great. Then, guess what? I dosed off! Nice little cat nap I took. Not the way your supposed to do it.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh Arbor, that's just wonderful.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Wow Leigh. I can't imagine being sick that long. I should count my lucky stars. Did you get a flu shot? My kids get them, but I hardly do. Are you all settled now with the move? How do you like your new place/location?

Tried to meditate a bit tonight. Focused on just the summer breeze. Been very breezy around here lately. Even last week it was and the temps are just so perfect. So, I had the breeze going good. Then my mind went to the chirping birds. All great. Then, guess what? I dosed off! Nice little cat nap I took. Not the way your supposed to do it.
I've had a flu shot every year for the last 25 years, I guess - pneumonia shot, also.

We are still in our interim apartment but enjoying the 'ease' of apartment life.

Hope that you enjoyed your catnip, Arbor!!!!!!