Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 05-18-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Does anyone try and negotiate with themselves that if they don't drink during the week then it would be OK to drink at the weekend?
Old 05-18-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

It's my day three so I hope I finally get some sleep. Wish me luck!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wtbaf16 View Post
Does anyone try and negotiate with themselves that if they don't drink during the week then it would be OK to drink at the weekend?
Um Yeah....I once tried to convince myself that I should reward myself with a drink for making it to day 7 (what?). I started to see it for what it was...just my AV. Day 20 for me and I'm glad I didn't listen to all the sweet nothings my AV was whispering in my ear....it has quieted a lot as of recent.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

It's my day three so I hope I finally get some sleep. Wish me luck!
Congrats on Day3! Wishing you a restful night!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Um Yeah....I once tried to convince myself that I should reward myself with a drink for making it to day 7 (what?). I started to see it for what it was...just my AV. Day 20 for me and I'm glad I didn't listen to all the sweet nothings my AV was whispering in my ear....it has quieted a lot as of recent.
I had done that in the past too but not this time. How was day 20 for u? I have had a bad headache all day.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
Thank you! Same here, I need to check in here more often, tons of great support from you all. I went to the gym after work, got an amazing compliment, and I feel like a million bucks.
Ooh - nice! Bah-shicka-wa-wa
Old 05-18-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Drangleic View Post
May I join this thread. Day one but I feel motivated to push through.
Welcome!!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Aka john Winchester ! Sam and deans dad on supernatural. Well I'm about to try to commit to the Atkins diet. CNGY I'm way overweight and blood sugars becoming an issue. Seeing my brother is slapping me in every direction, but I'm making grocery lists and gonna try to do the introductory- feel like crap days , over the weekend. That's the plan so far. Day 3 done !
JL - congrats! Wrapping up my day 3 tonight, too even made it to yoga. Whoop!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

...cough...one of my many, many promises that never work out for me...
Old 05-18-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi Guys!

Still hanging in there, not sure what day I'm on. I've decided I'm not going to obsessive with the number of days. I had my last drink May 6th, 2016. I'm doing well, been working out each day. Trying to get past the initial fog but I know it will pass. Just having a cup of tea, biding my time until bedtime. I've been sleeping like a rock! Last night it was over 9 hours of sleep. I'll take it!

Jojo
Old 05-18-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Day 18 about to be wrapped up and in the books...can't be done soon enough. At least I stayed SOBER. Tomorrow will be a new and better day!!

Hope everyone is doing well this evening
Old 05-18-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi all, I haven't been checking in here much, I'm on day 14 and doing okay.
WTBAF, I've tried the 'I'll just drink on the weekends' thing. Also, I'll only drink beer, I'll only have two, always stop by 10, only on special occasions, never at home, and on and on. Turns out, I can drink til I'm sick repeatedly, have killer cravings when I try to stop, and want to die, or I can not drink at all. Took me a lot of years to figure that out. I hope it's deep in my heart and head now!
Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Morning all! Day 4 begins. Still waking up anxious but a bit less today. Have a great Thursday everyone 😊
Old 05-18-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Ooh - nice! Bah-shicka-wa-wa
Countrygal you've got me giggling again lol 😀
Old 05-18-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Day 3 !
Old 05-19-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

JL low carb is easy after the first few days. Just gotta use some creative recipes. I got a goooood one for pizza. I'll probably start that diet here again soon.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Yep I've only been sober for the last 2 weekends in 16 years so as you can imagine Friday night I start thinking well I've done the week! The Saturday I think we'll I did the week AND FRIDAY! then on Sunday I think surly I can have a drink by now it's Sunday then I check in here and see the guys on day 1 2 and 3 and remember how hard it is to get through those days and I sit it out. Then on Monday I'm like "YES!!!! I DID IT!!!!!" Then the weekend comes back around so quick and it all starts again. My entire weekends are spent battling the feeling that I deserve a drink. Just ignore it and you will be proud of yourself on Monday morning
Old 05-19-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Quick check in here while waiting for a take away curry to be delivered. I've had a busy day at work (and a trying one). One of the children I worked with today randomly asked me if my parents were dead?! My mum is - it was 8 years in March. It would have been her birthday on the 16th of this month. Not great timing, kiddo! It's made me just feel sad all day. Stupid Brian has siezed the opportunity to start whispering sweet nothings about wine. I'm letting my cortex win this arguement, though, and not giving in to that part of my brain. Early night with a Terry Pratchett book awaits instead. Urgh. Life sucks.

And on that cheery note, I hope everyone else is having a better day!
Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Day 2 did not sleep a wink last night, twisting and turning angry and upset how I let this bloody disease destroy my life. loosing my family and husband, he waited two years for me to get well and finally decided he had enough. His words you LOVE alcohol more than you love us. Heading to Boston to my brother for a few weeks next Wednesday to help me with my recovery. He and his partner don't drink so there will be no alcohol around. I pray that I can do this because the way I feel right now is ugly.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black View Post
Day 2 did not sleep a wink last night, twisting and turning angry and upset how I let this bloody disease destroy my life. loosing my family and husband, he waited two years for me to get well and finally decided he had enough. His words you LOVE alcohol more than you love us. Heading to Boston to my brother for a few weeks next Wednesday to help me with my recovery. He and his partner don't drink so there will be no alcohol around. I pray that I can do this because the way I feel right now is ugly.
You can do it black. The thought of no alcohol around makes me nervous too. To the point where I wouldn't take my son to his friends birthday party because I wouldn't be able to drink.. alcohol can make us selfish but it's not the boss of us. Just check in here when your struggling and I find it helps remind me why I'm doing this