Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 05-15-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks wombat 👍
Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If at first you don't succeed - give up

http://http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/read-the-big-book-and-twelve-steps-and-twelve-traditions

Linked with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

Last edited by Dee74; 05-15-2016 at 04:44 PM. Reason: as above
Old 05-15-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Lonelywombat67;5953471I have lots of things to occupy myself with if I could just get my brain to realize that I'm not about to be eaten by a bear any minute now.[/QUOTE]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bear.jpg (34.8 KB, 106 views)
Old 05-15-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I looooove Bears. I collect bear pictures and bear stories. Someday I want to visit a bear sanctuary for orphaned bears or a bear viewing trip in Alaska! If you want to watch a truly scary movie see Back Country.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Im in bear country now. Jackson, WY.
Slept good ready to start the day.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Woke up sober another day! Starting day 10. Kids are exhausted from all the walking and time in the sun yesterday, so we're just bumming around the house, cleaning, laundry, meal prepping for next week. Hubs went out on a motorcycle ride to round out his bday weekend, so it's relatively quier except for baby squeals, ipad games and frasier reruns. A couple things I'm exploring is meditation, I did some guided meditation last night with the calm app, because there's an app for everything now. Also, I'm journaling, looking into finding some root causes of my problems and i find writing is a great way to do this. So. Ive been dropping everything and writing when I feel the urge or have a thought that may help me out. Have a lovely Sunday y'all!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Someday I want to visit a bear sanctuary for orphaned bears or a bear viewing trip in Alaska!
Sounds like fun!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am new here and working on day 1.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am really struggling today. Today I have to make the decision to take control of my emotions and my drinking. I don't drink daily and can go months sober, but when I do drink I drink until I pass out. It is causing me many problems and lets me know that I am an alcoholic. I am hoping to find support on this forum as I don't know where else to turn. I am not comfortable yet with this realization to attend any local meetings. I am hoping that I can do this.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JR1977 View Post
I am really struggling today. Today I have to make the decision to take control of my emotions and my drinking. I don't drink daily and can go months sober, but when I do drink I drink until I pass out. It is causing me many problems and lets me know that I am an alcoholic. I am hoping to find support on this forum as I don't know where else to turn. I am not comfortable yet with this realization to attend any local meetings. I am hoping that I can do this.
Welcome aboard! Lots of good support here and post away as you need to or have questions.

AA Meetings are a good way to test the waters and get some good insight...you do not have to share but you can learn a lot just by listening to everyone, both those that have years of sobriety behind them and those just beginning to work through the steps. I started last week and have really benefitted from it.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome jr 1977 day 1 is the toughest. We are here with you mate
Old 05-15-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
I looooove Bears. I collect bear pictures and bear stories. Someday I want to visit a bear sanctuary for orphaned bears or a bear viewing trip in Alaska! If you want to watch a truly scary movie see Back Country.
I hate bears never even seen one. But I saw Leonardo dicaprio get attacked by one in the revenant. I am downloading backcountry now for something to watch.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I thought the bear attacking Leonardo was unconvincing. Back country is scary as heck.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend so far wishing you all the best with the week ahead
Old 05-15-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 15 almost over. It's getting easier for me I have to say. Game of thrones and fear the walking dead tonight for you American folk. I'll be downloading it in the morning. All going well I should be out in the woods tomorrow decorating a cabin. Nice and peaceful with no one around and no phone signal. Just me a radio and some paint. Sounds like the beginning of a low budget horror film when I say it like that but I'm looking forward to it. Well done on a sober weekend guys and girls.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Welcome to those joining us. And good work to those sticking it out!

Plans for Monday are to get a haircut and go to the bank. I'm going to treat myself to a magazine while we're out. They're not big things, but they're helping me to see the joy in the small things - a hot chocolate for me and babycino for Child 2 is just about us hanging out and enoying being together.

I'm also thinking about working up to some exercise this week. Maybe. Best not to rush these things.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake View Post
I'm also thinking about working up to some exercise this week. Maybe. Best not to rush these things.
I agree with this statement from my past experience. Stopping drinking is hard enough, don't put too much pressure on yourself.

I'm feeling pretty good and am glad to have gone two Sunday's without drinking.

Moderation is not an option! -This is how I usually trick myself after a week of sobriety.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

At one week sober, I'm not ready to set up an exercise regimen, either! Fighting my AV today wore me out...so instead of aerobic exercise, I opted for a pint of Ben & Jerry's! Probably not the healthiest reward for a week of sobriety, but infinitely better than a fifth of Smirnoff.

One weekend down, looking forward to many more,
Arp
Old 05-15-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi All! Welcome Lyddie & JR 1977! Congrats to everyone on powering through this weekend sober!
Day 17 coming to a close. Cleaned the house like a woman possessed today just to stay busy....apparently I am not good at relaxing. Weird. I think its a little too soon to have too much idle time on my hands. I can't relax and I'm bored out of my head at this point. Hopefully that will change with time.....and I will be able to relax and be....content just being still in my own skin. On the bright side every day seems a little easier to remain sober. Staying vigilant though....surfed this site enough to know others have gotten much further than 17 days and have backslidden.

Enjoy your day Flossyteacake!
Old 05-15-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 week Arp!