Notices

On My Way #4

Old 09-20-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I walked about 1.5 miles round trip to meet a friend for breakfast and then ran 3 miles.

Dinner tonight is going to involve shrimp.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Plans changed last night so I will be cooking the shrimp tonight.

I was at the gym this morning for bench presses, squats, and deadlifts. Aside from walks with my wife and dog not much else physically will be happening today.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I ran a few miles including some dedicated hill work.

Dinner plans have not been set. I know my wife will not be home and I've yet to speak to my daughter about her plans.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Dinner Update

Dinner tonight is going to be portabella mushrooms filled with a sauté mixture containing stems, garlic, and onions that will be combined with roasted cherry tomatoes and topped with mozzarella. The side is going to be homemade pasta that I'm going to infuse with vegetable seasoning.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Today's exercise will be about 5 miles of walking with dear dog.

Dinner tonight is going to be a chicken sausage gumbo served over rice.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

I'm about to leave for the gym and then me and my wife will be visiting friends at their vacation house for the balance of the weekend.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I had a solid workout this morning so the weekend is off to a good start.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good one GC

D
Old 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
have a good one GC

D
Thanks Dee.

The Past Couple of Days

We had a lot of fun with our friends, as always. There was no exercise with the small exception of helping them move a trundle bed frame to a second floor bedroom. My food choices and portions were fine, as were the many offerings; and my second hand smoke inhalation, while less than the past couple of times, left me with some aggravated breathing, that is on it's way to betting better.

This morning I had a session with my trainer and did three circuits of:

Bb flat bench presses
Db flat flyes
Bb skull crushers
Standing bb bicep curls
Db bench rows
Bench dips
Push ups
Planks

I don't know how long the planks were, maybe 90 seconds; everything else was between 10 and 12 reps. During the first circuit I had to take it a little slow, meaning a few extra seconds of rest between some sets, but after that my breathing improved and was able to complete everything with little to no rest.

Dinner tonight is going to be baked chicken with corn on the cob.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

That sounds like an aggressive workout, GC.

Hope that your breathing continues to improve, my friend.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
That sounds like an aggressive workout, GC.

Hope that your breathing continues to improve, my friend.
It was and, quite frankly, that's the point. I won't bore anyone with the details of difference between working out with my trainer and by myself, but my intention of going to the gym is not to be able to skip out of there, but leave with the satisfaction that I gave what I had. Obviously some days are better than others, but that's not due to lack of effort.

Thanks about the breathing. I'm on the mend although the past few days have caused a temporary setback. The heavy breathing I was doing while lifting today helped clear my breathing paths and since coming home from the gym I'm breathing much better than before I went. I should be fine tomorrow and will be going for a run.

Possible Lunacy

In two weeks we're going to visit our son at his university for the weekend. This is not a vacation where we need to be in a nice hotel with lots a amenities; we just need a clean room and bed because all we are going to do is sleep there. No pool? No problem. No lobby bar? No problem. No restaurant or room service? No problem. Etc. So we got one and the room that me and my wife will be sleeping in is USD$5 LESS than where we'll be boarding our dog.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Given the intensity of yesterday's trainer session I'm not feeling nearly as sore as I anticipated. Obviously a good thing. Exercise for the day is going to be walking.

Dinner tonight is going to be shrimp and pasta with pesto. This is most likely the last batch of pesto I'll be making this year from our garden's basil. I'll also be serving a side salad with home grown tomatoes. Depending upon how the afternoon plays out I'll either make the pasta or open up a box. Most likely it will be the latter.

Saving the best for last, all of the above was written by a football genius. At least until next week's games start. Yes, I won my football pool. My take is $150 which is more than my $100 entry fee for the season so I'll be playing with other people's money for the next 14 weeks with the intent of winning more weeks and finishing in the top 3 in the season ending standings.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Wednesday is gym day and I was there a couple of hours ago. Core work took up about half my time and the balance was spent doing back-centric exercises.

Dinner tonight is going to be leg of lamb that will be braised in a curried tomato yogurt sauce. Spinach will be added to finish things off. Presently I'm undecided about what I'll be serving with it.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Exercise.....none so far today, but I'm planning on getting some walks and possibly a run done later.

There may be no exercising so far, but I'm in the midst of cooking multiple things. I'm making a chicken soup that will be the basis for a potato leek soup for a Saturday lunch we're hosting and will also be the broth for a matzo ball soup I'm going to be serving on Sunday to my sister and some friends who will be joining me, my wife, and daughter to celebrate a religious holiday. I'm also making a meat sauce that I'm going to serve tonight over pasta with a salad on the side and recently threw a boneless turkey breast on my komodo grill. Its future is going to be one of the ingredients in the smoked turkey breast BLTs I'm serving on Saturday.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the weekend GC
D
Old 09-30-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I got a 4 mile run done this morning and finished just as it started to lightly rain.

Dinner tonight is going to be leftovers.

The finalized menu for tomorrow's luncheon is:

Crudite with dillweed dip
Assorted marinated olives

Potato and leek soup

Spring mix with red onion and Dijon vinaigrette
Turkey breast BLTs. To counter the homemade apple wood smoked maple bacon I'm going to use arugula.

Fruit and whatever desserts our friends bring.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

'Twas a busy weekend and I was rarely online.

Friday night: Got home past midnight
Saturday AM: At the gym
Saturday afternoon: Prepare for and host a luncheon
Saturday night: Got home past midnight from my cousin's house
Sunday AM: At the gym
Sunday afternoon: Prepare for a holiday dinner party
Sunday night: Host the party
Monday AM: At the gym

All good stuff, but needless to write I'm tired.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I hope that you had a wonderful holiday, GC; I am so sorry that I forgot to wish you a blessed holiday in a timely manner.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Thank you SL. Yes, it was a nice holiday spent with friends and family. The only absentee was my son, but we had a group Skype with him while everyone was gathered and we're going to be visiting him this weekend.

Yesterday I went on a short run and today I was at the gym for a solid upper body oriented lifting session. Feeling good.

Dinner last night was braised brisket with a side of mashed potatoes. Dinner tonight is probably going to be a white pizza, using a dough I made a few days ago, topped with sautéed mushrooms and garlic with a salad on the side.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I went on a 4 mile run this morning. If I remember correctly the pace was 9:29.

Dinner tonight is going to be beef stir fry. I was originally going to make shrimp and grits with a side salad, but that's a very difficult dinner to pull off when you don't have shrimp in the house and don't want to run to the market to buy some. Plan B will have to suffice.