Notices

On My Way #4

Old 08-21-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

We got back from vacation last night. A fine time at the beach filled with good times with family, friends, sand, salt water, and good eats. There was also a few runs for exercise.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I had strong gym session today with my trainer. Lots of leg stuff (squats, deadlifts, lunges, step ups) so I may be a little affected when I run tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

As expected I felt the effects of yesterday's lower body workout, but was able to loosen up and get a decent run done. I still have a couple of dog walks ahead of me which should be very pleasurable given the wonderful weather.

On the food side of life, my first post vacation dinner was marinated flank steak, corn on the cob, and a cucumber, feta cheese, tomato, and kalamata olive salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing. Last night was smoked chicken thighs with a spring mix salad and tonight is going to be pork stir fry over a to be determined grain.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I was at the gym by 8 AM to move some iron in what turned out to be a so-so workout. Not bad, not great, and probably a little below average. Nonetheless I'm glad I went.

Dinner tonight is going to be lemon, basil and EVOO marinated salmon that I'll bake along with matzo brie as the side.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

It's going to be hot and humid so I went out while the conditions were reasonable for my run. Not far on distance, but there were a lot of hill repeats so it was challenging.

I have a wake to attend this afternoon and when I get back will be making a quick shrimp with corn on the cob dinner.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

I had a make up session with my trainer this morning.

Since today is the last Friday of the month my wife and I will be doing our usual and going to a local pub to see at least a set of a local band whose members we're acquaintances of. Dinner tonight is a bit up in the air; my daughter is going to a local concert so if it's just me and wifey I'll make an eggplant tortilla for a one dish dinner. The up in the air part is due to my son who is coming home either tonight or tomorrow; if it's the former I'll stick with the Spanish theme and also make patatas bravas, a spicy potato dish, as a compliment to the egg dish. Can't have anyone go hungry, right?
Old 08-26-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

The college boy is coming home so I'll be making the expanded version of tonight's dinner. After that we're all going to a trivia contest instead of listening to the band.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Trivia last night was a lot of fun although we didn't finish in the money. There was no entry fee so all is good.

The day started with a kick as& hour long group session at the gym with my wife and daughter and about ten other folks who like pushing themselves. I was glad I did it and I was glad when it was over.

In a less than a hour we're going to be leaving to attend a baseball game; for folks who follow MLB it's the Mets-Phillies game at Citi Field. Dinner is going to be sandwiches we'll buy from a local restaurant and bring to the game; I'll pay up for good seats, but I draw the line on paying absurd amounts for food and beverages at the event. As proof, even when I was drinking I had season tickets to the NY Yankees (long story and ironic since I'm a National League fan) and over the course of 100's of games I never paid for a beer, brought my own water as well as sandwiches and snacks as we're doing today. Principles.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Big time fun with the family last night. Sonny boy left this morning to go back to school; his senior year starts on Tuesday. Despite being up late, for me, last night I was up early enough to run a few miles before the heat and humidity got too high. Plans for the night are dinner with my wife, some music, some reading, and then my pillow.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Although I didn't feel strong my trainer, who doesn't hand out unearned positives, told me, "You were really strong today." My feeling about the session aside, I'm going with it. :-)

Dinner tonight is probably going to be a chicken and seafood paella.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Ran a few miles and then did some extra trying to find my dog who decided it would be fun to bolt.

No cooking tonight; we're going out to dinner.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I had a solid upper body workout this morning using a higher weight lower rep scheme than on Monday.

We're meeting my inlaws for a late lunch which means dinner will be something light.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi, GC; good to see you are doing well!!!!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi, GC; good to see you are doing well!!!!
Hi SL; thanks for stopping by. I hope all is well with you.

Today

I did hill repeats today; I'm not sure what my total mileage was, but distance wasn't really the point of the workout.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Just a so-so workout this morning. Nothing was physically wrong; all issues were between my ears, but I put the extra effort into focusing and finished.

My daughter's BF is coming this afternoon to spend the USA (Labor Day) holiday weekend. I have no idea what their after dinner plan, but mine is to read.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend GL - you too Leigh

D
Old 09-04-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

No post yesterday = head scratch. Anyway, I worked out in the morning for one hour and then went on a short hike with my wife and dog.

I'm going to pass on running today, but will be taking a walk this afternoon.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee - you, too.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Have a good walk, GC, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Thanks SL. Our walk was fine and I then spent a couple of hours reading. All is good.