# 483 (permalink)  

i hear you drake

gentleman, start your engines! lol
Old 05-31-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

((((Mags))))

GH! Glad you're on the mend!

Another beautiful day here in Michigan....off to fill the bird feeders. . Enjoy your day, Overs!
Old 05-31-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks fbl, sassy, Dharma. Doc signed me off work for a week , she wanted to do more but I said let me see how I am. I will go back as soon as I'm feeling better but at least it gives me time for me to rest.

Dharma, it's a constant job! Feeding the birds.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey all, sorry I haven't checked in for awhile, I've been busy, I'm working on the TV adaptation of Van Helsing, a Canadian production. It's so exhausting, the long hours of basically moving furniture. Such a glamorous job, but I did get to see the actors blocking scenes with the director and martial arts and stunt people working.
Just so tired. It's very tempting to work a "normal" job with normal hours, but I can't turn down how well these movie gigs pay.
Anyway all, hope you are all well, Mags hope you get better!
It's a gorgeous day here. Going to the beach later I think.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds Brilliant, Inpar x
Old 05-31-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hugs Mags, feel better soon. Xx
Old 05-31-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Mags - hope you get some relief soon

Everyone - hi there! Things going ok with me which is good
Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks FG and toots.

I've just had a call from the hospital and they've had a cancellation tomorrow to see the respiratory consultant so they've given it to me! yay. I think.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

(((Mags))) - thinking about you!
Old 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Sassy. I'm trying to keep calm and relax.x
Old 05-31-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs got hit with bad migraines today just popping in to say night
Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight Wolfie. I hope the migraines pass quickly.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Mags - great news!!

SW - hope you feel better tomorrow
Old 05-31-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi guys,
Me too on the busy. We have been getting legal advice and taking steps to deal with the druggie man we called a son. I have finally, after 43 years, washed my hands of him. He has been sneaking back and stealing from his grandfather who is essentially incapable of recognizing a scam, and cannot remember that he is not supposed to be there. He has caused us our last sleepless night. We have my BIL sleeping over every night until we get legal rights to jail him if he shows again. My grand daughters hope we can so their daddy can clean up. Then last night my two non combative grand daughters had a wreck after a blow out on a bridge, and one had to jump to get out of the way of a truck that hit it, She will recover as she landed on the grass and has a torn but healable liver. We can't even go visit for all the toxic folks there from her mother's side. As usual the trouble that the others would cause would do more harm than good in this as every other case. I guess I now belong in friends and family. I am fine, just frustrated and focusing on stopping my son, and then the rest if we can. My grand daughter will be in the hospital for at least a week, and we will see.

FBL, I agree with this being a new golden age of all media, not just TV, as that narrow definition didn't apply to even the cable days. I too like the old shows and I keep some in my watch lists on my Amazon and Netflix accounts. I need to start getting some more exercise too.

Dee,
I have to wait until I get through the rest of "Peaky" and "Grace and Frankie" before I start the BE saga.
I just found out about a new coffee brew from Starbucks, where it is mixed with nitrogen and is like a Guinness but with coffee and no alcohol. click here:
Now Starbucks is serving 'Nitro brew' coffee from a tap - May. 31, 2016
I drink about 12-24 cups a day of coffee, and detest paying the price ($5 and up a cuppa )for a Starbucks, but when it gets here I will have to try.

Dharma,
I just got through with all of season 2 last night and voila! Season three debuts today!

IM ( Ivan Mike) ,
Glad to hear you are targeting some goals to overcome your schedule and exercise limitations with aerobic workouts and diet improvements. Sobriety lays out almost too many opportunities to improve. I had to work at letting things go and doing what I could, one project at a time. Now when I procrastinate I don't get all upset, as I have no deadlines, everything in its time works for me. I call it the salami technique. I love salami and know how big the whole thing is before slicing. If I tried to jam it all in my mouth I'd choke on it. But when I slice it into paper thin slices it seems to disappear before I want it to. My life is like that. I get more done when I do it a bit at a time, instead of cramming the whole life changes into one day. I like salami sliced paper thin. I like my life the same way. Only trouble is that like the salami, it is over before I know it. Oh well, it is after all full steam ahead. I now slice fast, savor at leisure.

Amp,
Yep, when I was active duty and my kids were growing up, I got in very much less TV too, and we didn't even have streaming then (1980s-1995). My oldest was a handful from age 15. I hope yours are doing fine.

Wolf,
You two sound like a real match made in heaven. I bet she is loving her new sober Wolf.

Zulu,
Same here, I found and added BE to my watch list on Amazon. The selections are so many that it is difficult to pick and choose. But I can binge and stay up all night if I choose. I do but am trying to get up earlier now. It is 3:30 and I am still in my loungewear and about to go cut the property before the new storms. My spousal unit is out doing some rat killing.

Sassy, If they only knew how busy we can be, being busy about me!

Toots,
I was that way too and finally gave in and by golly these overs are great small screen media critics. It is nice to share some of them in common. I really like the way season two ended in the "Peaky" series!

Wolf,
I love Stephen King and will watch the JFK series but only after it goes to free. Too much to catch up on that come with my Netflix and Amazon Prime to pay for the newest stuff.

Dee,
Now ya went and done dun it! Poor ol Mrs. Wolf with now have to schedule herself in between the books and the TV now!

Carlos and Star and Drake. Lots of folks like different things, I love my Home theater and audio surround systems. It is easy to make time for it when re-tired.

Star, me too, I do not remember much of what I watched drinking either. I passed out in the middle of every movie or show and gave up remembering titles. So it is like seeing it all for the first time.

Drake,
Your social life sounds like fun!

Carlos you too! YW! ( I got to make loud noises and blow things up and play with guns all day every day. NO regrets except for the friends that can't say that today.)

FBL,
Loved the pic and Memorial day story. You've a rich heritage of service in your family. I am that for mine. If I am remembered half as well I will be very happy indeed.

RZ,
I love that you have all the antique experience. We have some nice pieces we got in Tongren (sp?) Belgium while over in Germany.

GHD glad you're better!

Mags!
OMG! I am troubled that you are doing poorly. And that you aren't being treated in a timely manner. I am so glad you are getting some enjoyment from your greenhouse. Please take care and get hubby to do what Wolf's new sig block says. Especially the kicking part!
Just read that you have an appointment tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

RZ,
We have entirely too many people here who love to watch cars going in circles in a never ending left turn! Do they go the other way in English races?

Hey IP!
Sounds like you're getting your daily workouts any way. IT still would be fun to work on movie sets in any capacity in my book.

Nite Wolf!

Folks it is 4 PM and I can just get the yard cut if I quit now.
TTYL!
Old 05-31-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I worry about my oldest sometimes Itchy. He's 13 now going on 25! A big motivator for me to kick the booze was because I can see that he's going to need the right kind of example and, at the end of the day, if I can't lead by example I can't lead at all. It's taken all my determination and some to get through this year sober but now I've got here I'm kind of getting used to it
Old 05-31-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Itchy, you and your family are in my prayers tonight. I can't imagine the difficult position you are in with your son.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Wolfie, feel better soon!

Itchy,
So sorry you are dealing with all that family stuff!

Amp, glad you are starting to enjoy sobriety. It does get better :-)
Old 05-31-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sorry to hear of all your family problems, Itchy. Hope your granddaughter makes a speedy recovery.