Notices

One Year & Over Part 38

Old 05-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree itch Cillain Murphy is great I havnt caught downton yet maybe soon

Steve buscemi is another actor who I think is top quality and first episode directed by Scorsese which is awesome plus I think il like the slower pace - thanks again D

I think it's the final of 112263 tonight aswell can't wait for that 55 mins as it's 20.06pm where I am

Fitted new fittings on 2 cupboards and am donating a lot of clothes so is Mrs sw

Decided on carpets in bedrooms and wooden floors everywhere else and have a carpet guy via my brother so that's a nice touch

Getting lots done going for a shower speak after Overs
Old 05-29-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oooh, I've actually watched a series you're talking about for a change! Though only because hubby liked BE and introduced me to it. I like it, but haven't seen all the series yet.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Do your best

Heartbreaking between Jake & Sadie in 112263 I actually welled up a lil what a finale last ad break can't wait
Old 05-29-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Do your best

Loved watching the finale have to get the book now

Watching boardwalk empire did I spot Michael Shannon also I think I did

Goodnight all
Old 05-29-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll enjoy the book

and yeah Michael Shannon is excellent in BE

May as well tell you now there's a BE book SW .

It's not a novel tho - it's non fiction - the real life counterparts of the fictional characters.

D
Old 05-29-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You'll enjoy the book and yeah Michael Shannon is excellent in BE May as well tell you now there's a BE book SW . It's not a novel tho - it's non fiction - the real life counterparts of the fictional characters. D
Sounds good. One of my favorite books of all time is the non-fiction "Homicide:Life on the Streets"

Speaking of which I'm going to see if it's on Kindle during my upcoming school break
Old 05-29-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

I enjoyed that one too Shock

D
Old 05-29-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Wow, not much to add here. I dumped tv quite a while ago and have not looked back. Probs is that in the final few years of active addiction I watched a lifetime quota of tube - in isolation. Haha, I have an AA buddy that says that there is a quota of alcohol for people and he had reached his - as have I...alcohol and tube.

Except when a Pittsburgh team is playing a big game - like the Stanley Cup Finals starting tomorrow. Off to my sisters I will go - best of seven...so I may wear a chair out? GO PENS!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I have to agree IWLSAST, I barely turn the tv on now since becoming sober. I used to sit in front of it constantly with drink in hand. It used to make me angry that I could never remember what I watched the previous evening. It was more staring at the tv than watching it. Perhaps I will binge watch something on my summer vacation.

Have a good evening/morning all.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I gave up TV 5 years ago right about this time and do not miss it. On May 22, 2011 Joplin MO was hit by a massive tornado. A nearby church was collecting new and "gently used" electronics and appliances to send to those who had lost everything. My TV was about 4 years old and barely watched. I decided it was a great opportunity to send it there instead of trying to sell it for a few dollars or letting it collect dust.

When you all talk TV, I don't have a clue.

Spent a fabulous PM at an annual pool opening party, so I am all worn out! As for the past 3 years, I just went over and looked at the frozen margarita machine instead of trying to drain it all.

Have a great weekend and holiday here in the US Overs!
Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs & thanks D
Old 05-30-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Carlos, best of luck to your Pens.

Wolfy, oh yeah, Michael Shannon's part in BE only gets better as it goes along.

In honor of Memorial Day, I'm using a picture of my favorite uncle in his U.S. Marines uniform. He enlisted in late 1949 and saw some serious combat in Korea. He made it home alive, many of his comrades did not. He rarely talked about his experiences there, mostly just with other vets. He was plagued by nightmares the rest of his life. He never married, nor had any children, but he doted on his nieces and nephews. I got to be especially close to him over the years and he was far and away my favorite Uncle. He passed away in 2001 and I was honored to deliver the eulogy at his funeral.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Thank you for your service, ItchMan, and any other Over that has served their country. My deepest gratitude.
Carlos

Edit: Crosspost, FBL...thanks.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

fbl, one of my antique frends has an auction house that handled most of the Boardwalk Empire set & props

some old, some made to look old
Old 05-30-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Drake, your TV comment resonated with me - I usually had the TV on while I was drinking and of course I barely remembered what I watched.

Oddly enough, now that I should have plenty of time to watch, I rarely do.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Feeling better today.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I am old... really old. I remember when "Memorial Day" was typically called "Decoration Day" and, for many, revolved around the Indianapolis 500.

Decoration Day is passe and the Indy 500 is no longer front page news. Things change.

Have a good one regardless of what you may do or call it!
Old 05-30-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really sweet post Fbl
Old 05-30-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Do your best

Watching a film called risen then off to bed goodnight all
Old 05-30-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, Tuesday morning 7 am. Looks like rain today.

Another holiday day for me, we have an extra one tagged on this bank holiday, which I'm not complaining about!

I've not seen any of the programmes you mentioned Wolfie , gonna check them out. Though I do like a good murder! (Fictional, of course!).

Ringing the docs today to hopefully get an appointment. I haven't been able to walk far the last 4 days without bringing on an asthma attack, think I've a chest infection. I could do with a few more days rest but will see what he says. Hubby been laid up too with man flu, bless. I'm wheezing like a good un!

Refuse collectors are here. There is talk we are going to get charged for having our brown bins emptied fortnightly ( garden waste bin). Other areas are being charged £30 per annum. I didn't think that was too bad but it may lead to fly tipping, there's quite a bit of rubbish that is tipped on the outskirts of our village.grrr.

The wind is getting up now too. The bush in our front garden is being blown about like anything. It has really grown a lot this year halfway up our window! I don't know what has made it grow so fast, though it does get plenty of birds in it. I can't remember the name of it but when it flowers it is covered in yellow flowers, so pretty, you get St. John's wort from it. Apparently.

Well, I have managed to walk to my greenhouse every day, though only a few steps in my back garden and everything is coming along great. Lots of small tomatoes and when they all get some colour on I will take pictures and figure out how to post them.

have a good day overs.