Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 17

Old 05-16-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

I'll pick up fish oil on the way home from work. I found a product for cats. I hope that helps.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

I gave him a big can of people food tuna last night. He's never been so spoiled! His appetite seems to be okay, but he's really unsteady and can't jump and can barely walk. I checked his legs to make sure he wasn't in a fight with a raccoon and got hurt, which has happened before, but he seems okay. In any case, I'm keeping him inside because he can't run from predators right now.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

No. This will not be a trigger. Take him to the vet. There could be a whole number of things going on that are treatable. My last cat, Juan Ramon Fernandez the third, had thyroid and kidney issues. With diet and meds he lived to be 17-18 or so. When he would retreat to the closet for more than a day or two I knew it was time to go to the vet. Sometimes he would get sick and dehydrated. Tuna water is excellent for hydration. Is he drinking? Very important to keep him hydrated at this time. Perhaps Sadie can share some knowledge here.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's scary and it sucks OOTT but drinking would not help you, or Charlie.

Charlie needs you to step up now and do whatever needs to be done to help, not run away

The AV is a jerk, thinking only of its own self gratification.

wishing both you and Charlie the best for a good outcome

D
Old 05-16-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

OOTT. I love my kitties too. Please bring him to the vet. Do not drink. You are not allowed. If something happens you will be ok. You will have to get a new kitten so you don't miss having a kitty. You'll just miss Charlie. I've lost several cats over the years. Every time I think I've met my favorite one but then then next one is my favorite. Keep us posted. Great job 360!!!! You ROCK! Selling your house and moving on to new adventures! Yeah! Today was so much work. It's like running a marathon everyday... I can't wait until I get more help and some things fall in place in our new location.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

OOTT... I have been in cat rescue for years, mainly that's what I do besides work. I am the vet liason and make medical decisions for the cats. I have seen every conceivable illness and injury. Hundreds of cats. Not kidding . YOU CANNOT DRINK, you will regret it

Do not assume ANYTHING, take him to the vet ASAP. He needs Xrays at minimum. If nothing there then bloodwork. Go!
Old 05-16-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Let us know OOTT. We are here if you need us. Keeping moving forward.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. The AV was strong. I was going to buy beer tonight, but I made it home okay.
Charlie has vet appointment tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
thanks everyone. The AV was strong. I was going to buy beer tonight, but I made it home okay.
Charlie has vet appointment tomorrow.
Glad you got an appointment and made it home without the beer. Good job! Let us know how Charlie is. Thinking and saying a prayer for you!
Old 05-16-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for tomorrow man - and great stuff on tonight

D
Old 05-16-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Charlie came out and he actually climbed up next to me on the couch and he's sleeping here now. He doesn't seem to be in pain, he's purring and seems happy. I wonder if he got his bell rung in a fight with another cat or a raccoon or a dog on Saturday because he seemed really dingy and confused. He rested all day on Sunday in his box. When I got home he was in a beach tent I set up on a spare bedroom and was sleeping. (Im a single man, I can set up a beach tent in my house if I want!) He came out into the living room after a while, which is a good sign.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

I wasn't going to post this because I didn't think it was recovery related, but it actually is. AV was trying to use this as an excuse for me to drink. Like Dee says, AV is a jerk. Very manipulative, very crafty. It sees a moment of weakness and then attacked me. I was fully intending on getting beer tonight. I rationalized it by saying that I was under stress and somewhat depressed. Everyone's support for Charlie and me is what kept me from relapsing tonight. I'm very very glad I made it home. It was almost as bad as the first week or two. I wonder if I'm making any progress at all because it didn't take much to threaten my sobriety.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

WARRIOR! Of course you are making progress. You have over 100 days and you passed another difficult test. If quitting were that easy you would not have a real problem in my humble opinion. This is hard work. I have moments of weakness. I have considered drinking multiple times. I suspect most of our remaining classmates have too. I think these moments of weakness rattle you a little more than others. You get confident that the fight is over and then something happens to remind you it needs maintenance? Keep rolling along with it and learning is the only advice I can offer. We all know drinking is not the answer. We just have to learn how to adjust our lives accordingly.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad charlie seems a little better OOTT.

D
Old 05-17-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Good to hear Charlie's improving OOTT, let us know how the vet's appointment goes.

I'm having a bit of a struggle of my own. I've got this big college interview coming up, and then my first day of work. I want a drink to take the edge off. I was going to buy a vape with nicotine as a kind of compromise, but that's not such a good idea either! Addicts logic I guess. I know that once I've got through this week sober then it'll be another hurdle I've crossed, it's just feeling really difficult right now.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Yeah! So glad kitty is better! Isn't that crazy how AV snuck in and wanted you to drink? For one night? OT - you relax too. "Good luck comes to those who word hard" This week is more work but it will be over in a flash and life will start to get easier. Your putting all the pieces in place they just havent come together yet. Hey, thats just where my business is too. Maybe I will take my advice and feel more positive this week even though it's crazy, stressful and hasnt all come together yet. I need to find a good book to relax and escape into. K looking at kindle now. Happy Tuesday all. What a great group we have! The support is much nicer than A of its brother AV. Jerks!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

How is Charlie going?

Cmon OT, you are not allowed to drink. We are making it through the whole of GoT season 6 without drinking, ok?
Old 05-17-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Good to hear Charlie's improving OOTT, let us know how the vet's appointment goes.

I'm having a bit of a struggle of my own. I've got this big college interview coming up, and then my first day of work. I want a drink to take the edge off. I was going to buy a vape with nicotine as a kind of compromise, but that's not such a good idea either! Addicts logic I guess. I know that once I've got through this week sober then it'll be another hurdle I've crossed, it's just feeling really difficult right now.
We all spend lifetimes trying to 'take the edge off.'
Funnt thing tho - once I faced 'the edge' I realised it wasn't actually that bad...

A little discomfort, but mostly fear of the unknown...

once I started to make the unknown known, I actually lost a lot of anxiety,

Doesn't mean I can't still freak out a little - but I found exercise really kicks anxiety's butt.

Keep moving forward OT...You're doing awesomely
Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Great job OOTT! It's funny to picture the tent setup in your house...clearly you are willing to do anything for Charlie!

OT, you have such a positive attitude...keep sailing over those hurdles!

360...you have 100 days today...whoop whoop!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

the tent is one of those REI half/tent sunscreen things, like a small cabana. Its in an unused bedroom. He likes being in it.