# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year and Under Club Part 53

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-52-a-20.html

D
Old 04-01-2016, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Toots -- back when I lived in SoCal, close to the beach, on festive occasions I was the freak you'd see riding his bike, no hands, playing guitar.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Go Glee!
Old 04-01-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D happy sober Friday to all
Old 04-01-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning. everybody! Not much new here . I am working this weekend so I'll have to get through that. I'm still racking up the sober days and any cravings or desire for alcohol has all but disappeared.

glee- I think I got the exercise part down and the diet is the next thing I'm going to work on as well.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumpa - terrific!

Glee, you go, my friend. The sky is the limit for you when you put your mind to it

WWS, isn't it freeing to be able to go for longer and longer times without the cravings!

I'm now at a point where I am in the "almost there" stage of getting back to an exercise program. These days time flies by so fast that it takes a major effort to remind myself that I can make time for exercise. I love walking down to the beach to watch the surf come in! Also in process of eating better. I gained about 5 lbs over the winter and that tipped me back into borderline type 2 diabetes. I don't want to let it go any further so both diet and exercise are critical. I've replaced sweets with fresh fruit. More expensive initially but ultimately cheaper when considering health care costs! I know it's worth it :-)
Old 04-01-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Saskia I had no idea that a mere 5 pounds can have an effect.

Usually it is helpful to just put some things in your day like you do at the beach, like just walking. It can be more enjoyable than another obligation like gym time .

I love to walk and bike. I hate to work out it is so boring!

Well one more test today in my week of doctor's appointments for various things and I can take a rest, it has been a very stressful week in that respect.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

wayward I find that as time goes on I think less and less about alcohol, I mean no desire even when I am very stressed out. I think time really outs it into practice.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 5 no soda. Drinking water, sparkling water, black coffee and unsweetened tea.
Does anyone have any other low cal suggestions?
Old 04-01-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

letitgo I love an iced decaf/regular coffee... and diet peach Snapple... awhile back someone I knew who was a nutritionist suggested watered down pomegranate juice for the sugar cravings (I have never had sugar craves) maybe you will find that useful.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Sleepie.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
now's the time

Hello

I think I'll start posting here. 8 months and a few weeks.

It's my first night in my new apartment. It needs a good clean and it's just a month-to-month in a shared building while I figure out my work situation. But I moved in with my mother last summer after rehab, so it feels really good to be back in adult land again. One more step towards having my life back.

Tomorrow I'm going back to California, which is where I've lived most of my adult life and where I was when I had the final disaster. I'm excited but worried that it'll make me sad. I'm feeling more comfortable and more confident now that soon I'll be financially stable and ready to choose where I want to live.

Hope you all had a lovely Friday.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is great Fantail It does feel so nice to have your own space.

What's a shared building? Will you decorate?

And congrats on over 8 months!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning Undies
Old 04-02-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Fantail, I agree with having your own space, but more than that i feel, living under your parents roof always seems to put one back into the child mentality: constantly regurgitating teen annoyances. It can also stunt our emotional developement in recovery in that we don't carry the burden of responsibility alone ( the pressure of maintaining sobreity for the parents sake can stop us thinking about why we need to do it for our own sake.
At 8+ months you have a wealth of sober days and recovery tools, so keep vigilant, AV will seek opportunities in this new environ to tease and tempt. Stay close to those who will give support.

Thumpa, I loved riding my bike no hands, and if I had ever learned to play the guitar I am sure I would have been the idiot cycling towards you! ( also if I happened to live on a different continent! )

WWS you sound like you are in a good place mentally these days?

Sleepie, I have my Molly ( avatar) so when I quit drinking I started running instead of walking her. Now I am not and never have been the shape for running ( think cube) and really don't enjoy it, so after doing a charity 5k I changed so that I only run ( jog puff pant ) carrying 1. 5 kg weights for about 10 minutes. I then do a variety of exercises which include threatening to punch anyone coming towards me. And clothes lining cyclists sneaking up behind. ( I did attempt walking lunges once but my Groucho Marx impression scared the dog!)

Keep On Keeping On Undies! Have a great weekend.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey! Nice to see you Fantail!

Kind of excited as I realized we're now in April (a bit slow in the uptake) which is my quit month. When I think back to where I was this time last year (stressed, depressed, self destructive, drinking like a fish) I can only say that this has been the most important year in my life,on a personal level, bar none.

I'd like to extend my thanks to all here or SR, wherever you are on the journey, for helping me stay on track through some tough times. I learn something new from you guys every day.

Take care!
Old 04-02-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
now's the time

Thanks Sleepie "Shared building" is just a phrase I made up... not quite sure how to describe this place. It's a giant old victorian that's been converted into rooms. Mine is the size of a studio apartment and has an attached private bathroom, and it's got locks on the door to the stairway, so it's almost a normal apartment. But the kitchen is downstairs and shared. It's near the university and the other tenants are mostly grad students or recent graduates. It reminds me of old books where people are always "lodging" in rooms.

I'm definitely going to decorate. Not too too much as I only expect to stay a few months. But the room is actually very nice and will feel less like a dorm with some things on the walls.

Thanks Toots. Yes, agree about the vigilance. I actually had a good time staying with my mother... I've been far away for the last ten years or so. It's been really wonderful to get our relationship back to the kind of closeness we had when I was younger. But it is good not to stay that safe for too long. 7 months felt like plenty.

Hi amp! Congrats on almost a year! That's amazing!
Old 04-02-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That sounds kinda awesome Fantail Now I feel foolish but are you a student- you probably mentioned it already?

amp123 are you almost at a year sober? Awesome! Cannot wait for that post

Toots Molly is a sweet looking creature. What a dear little pup.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
now's the time

Nope! I just refuse to grow up. I'm in my early 30s. I might go back to school at some point but for now I'm just floating around.