Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 17

Old 05-17-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I know I've said it before (yesterday) but I'm going to say it again...I am just so grateful for not feeling chained to the house as if I would turn into a pumpkin after 6:00-7:00pm. It is very nice to make decisions without worrying about how to fit any drinking into the night or feeling rushed to get through something just to get home.

I feel so much better about my decisions...that I'm making them for better reasons...the right reasons.

So tonight we will be at a Carrie Underwood concert and I will really be present and enjoying it!

This morning my daughter was singing along to the song Dirty Laundry. One of the lines in the song goes "all the Ajax in the world ain't gonna clean your dirty laundry". I asked her if she knows what Ajax is. She said she thought is was tiny little people. After I explained that it's a brand of laundry detergent she said..."oh that makes much more sense". Ha ha!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Hello Sadie. How are you today? From what I can gather your job is difficult and can take a little bit of your soul every day. I know some folk that work in child protective services. Same kind of issues I would think? Dont let it put you down. You have to be healthy to perform. Don't feel guilty when you need a break. God knows most could not do that job.
Badger , thanks for the thoughts, hanging in on Day 6, battling depression. . I could not imagine being in CPS. Bless your friends!!!!
My job does take my soul a bit, more from faking my personality(introvert pretending to be extrovert) but it's a coveted job and I feel guilty complaining . I have absolutely no right at all to do so while others have nothing.
Really, it's the animal rescue (strictly voluntary) that can crush me sometimes. I try to walk away from that, have said so here, but find I cannot.
Amazing, so funny your daughter thought Ajax were small people!
OOTT let us know about Charlie. I'm loving on my elderly fur dear love right now. Yes, cats can take condroitin/glucosamine. It's easy, in a treat that they usually love.
OT, let us know abt your job. PHRD, love your goals. Big ones freak me out, but the small daily ones helpful.
XxOo all
Old 05-17-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Glad Charlie is improving :-)

As for the AV - definitely a tricky devil. No have mine a name... Helga... She a big fat stinking liar who tried unsuccessfully to get me in trouble. :-)
Old 05-17-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

What did the vet say OOTT? Wish I could hang out in the tent. I like tents too.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Charlie is back from the vet and sleeping under my desk at work right now. His x ray looks good, no sign of arthritis, he has an infected front leg and it looks like he was in a fight on saturday, which is why I thought it looked like he got his bell rung on sunday. He got a course of antibiotics and they are doing a blood work up. His rear leg problems may be diabetes, but i'll find out tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

OOTT. Yeah! Glad you didn't drink, got him right into the vet and all is good. Inspiring words Dee. Badger I couldn't do your job. It's got to be tough. Good job everyone. Just worked 10 hours, made a big dinner and ate B&J. What a day!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I have a weird question... Is anyone have thoughts or feelings of fear or anxiety or something that you will accidentally drink? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've had this underlying strange feeling of worry that I have or am accidentally drinking without being cognizant of it. I'm assuming it means I'm getting more comfortable with a sober life, in a way, meaning more relaxed in coping with stressors, but it's also a good reminder of the need to remain vigilant and aware.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Glad to hear Charlie is looking okay. Good job staying strong!!

Hi everyone! Out of town appointments today. Fire day.

Thanks for remembering me today AJ!

Day 100. Check in tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 100 360

ICDB I never had that fear, but the bottom line is if you drink something and it seems 'off' to you you can always spit it out

I used to be terrified that one sip might set me off again...but I see now its far more common for nothing to happen - we get lulled into a false sense of security.... and BLAMMO.

As long as you're worried about drinking again you're not complacent - just don't let it become an unhealthy obsession

D
Old 05-17-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Even better news.... I just got home and took him out of his carrier, left the door to the deck open, and he went out on the deck and is walking around! He was barely hobbling yesterday. He's looking and acting better already. I couldn't be any happier. Today driving back from Tacoma to get Charlie for the vet, I was depressed and dreading what I thought was going to happen. If it's diabetes, I'll be able to control it.
I am so relieved that things went so well at the vet.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 100, 360.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Very good 360! 100 , wow!

OOTT- Is Charlie walking flat footed on his back legs?
Old 05-17-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
I have a weird question... Is anyone have thoughts or feelings of fear or anxiety or something that you will accidentally drink? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I've had this underlying strange feeling of worry that I have or am accidentally drinking without being cognizant of it. I'm assuming it means I'm getting more comfortable with a sober life, in a way, meaning more relaxed in coping with stressors, but it's also a good reminder of the need to remain vigilant and aware.
I've definitely had some drinking dreams that feel real!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 360!! Very wonderful accomplishment!!

Check-in on day 79 today.......yesterday was rough. Not been sleeping great and I have to get it where I can get it. Canceled on a concert, not for fear that I would drink but the concert was 45 miles away and my driving skills have been compromised. Don't believe this is PAWS--Ive struggled with insomnia my whole life but this Cycle has lasted a while...talked to my doctor and I pretty much have to just deal with it.....take some meds so herbal remedies mix poorly with them and sleeping pills are too related to my meds so they don't work....but such is life. And life is good!
Be good,
Lee
Old 05-18-2016, 02:08 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I'm okay now - just had a brief freak out. I was so used to dealing with anxiety by drinking, if I can get through this week sober then the next stressful event will be easier. Drinking is NOT an option.
I spoke to a friend yesterday and told her I was craving because I'm stressed out. She told me that I wouldn't be able to have one drink and I'd go back to getting blackout drunk. I'd mess up my work induction and college interview. Then I'd feel depressed because I've got alcohol back in my system and I'll think I'm useless because I can't even stay sober for something I really want. THEN I'll go back to being a drunk because that's what I'm comfortable with. Harsh but true!

Lee - Sounds like it was the best decision to cancel on the concert if driving is an issue right now. Stay safe.

jobei - Drinking dreams are the worst! I wake up feeling so guilty until I figure out that I haven't actually had anything to drink.

OOTT - That's good news OOTT, I'm so relieved for you. Well done for not drinking on it, our pets are like family.

360 - Congrats on Day 100!

ICDB - Doesn't sound like you're getting complacent to me. I kind of know what you mean though, I'm worried that I'll get a craving and be in a position to act on it before giving myself chance to think things through.

Sadie - Any other ways you can volunteer with animals without it being so heartbreaking?

AJ - I'm glad your daughter liked her present. You're sounding great.

Dee - You're right, it's scary and I'm bound to be anxious but I have to face 'the edge'. Drinking didn't work for me before and it won't work for me again.

Sansa - Deal! We're staying sober through GOT. That last episode though!

PHRD - Yeah, putting the pieces together is stressful but once we make it through this stage we'll be better for it. Definitely take your own advice, I hope you found a good book!
Old 05-18-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Congrats 360!!! Sorry I missed it yesterday! I got distracted when I saw 100 and had to see how far I had to go. Day 80 here I believe. Ican I used to have drinking nightmares. Wake up and feel so relieved. I think its your brain reconcilling you are not drinking anymore and it was a large piece of your thoughts before. Stay strong OT we got this! Hello Badger, Lee, Sadie, Sansa, Job, OOTT!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-18-a.html