last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 04-20-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 11. I'm happy to be with you
Old 04-20-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 11 Justin. We are glad u r here too!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

JL, good you came right back. You haven't lost your two months.
Don't know about the DT issue you asked about. I hope you are feeling ok today.

Wishing all a sober today.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You all are doing great! All the craziness you are feeling is normal the first weeks. Remember, it will get easier as you develop your sober muscles.

Keep on keeping on!
Old 04-20-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday everybody😊 everything is going ok with me,except a little anxiety that's pissing me off as I can't figure out why its happening,it had pretty much gone away until my stupid March madness! I really wish I'd have stayed the course but I am now!this anxiety is making me more determined to stay away from alcohol for good,hope all are well and we all have an easy day😊
Old 04-20-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you Dee for the new thread!

Welcome Azure!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, just checking in. Slept okay last night, some commotion in the house as my wife thought she lost her wedding ring. (she found it after a while). Also, the baby woke me up at 3am hungry. It's so much easier to get up with him at night when I don't go to bed with a few beers in me. Happy to not have a hangover today! Got lots to do at work, have a good one!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In fact, I know if I had been drinking then I would have been really stressed over the ring. I tend to internalize things a lot, so I would have been quietly steaming over it. Last night I had nothing but positive, calm support for her as she went to look for it. Another benefit of staying sober.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just caught up on all the posts. Whew, there was a lot to read! Been so busy the last couple of days and haven't checked in. My husband and I are going to Vegas in June and because it's just him and I it will be easier for me to stick to my recovery plan. Drinking together is not something we have done together much. I am more worried about our annual trips to Mexico; which we usually do with another couple. The wife has a drinking problem so you can imagine how her and I whooped it up for a week at the all inclusive resorts. Yikes. That's a long time away though; so I wont worry about that now.

In regards to the sleeping question. I feel like I am sleeping my life away right now. I am making the assumption that that sorts itself out at some point during this process and I wont need to go to bed at 7pm anymore?

Things are going pretty good I guess. AV spent all day Sunday yapping away in my head until finally I just went to bed. AV pops it's head up at the silliest times too. A friend of mine was telling me about how this guy is three sheets to the wind at 1pm cause he has his first beer around 10am everyday....AV pops up and says "awww, wish I could be three sheets to the wind". Seriously?

I cant seem to make myself go to any meetings, but if you all keep telling me how great they are I might have to try one out. In the meantime I think I will contact my EAP and see about getting into see a counsellor. something I meant to do before the flu kicked my butt...
Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
Just caught up on all the posts. Whew, there was a lot to read! Been so busy the last couple of days and haven't checked in. My husband and I are going to Vegas in June and because it's just him and I it will be easier for me to stick to my recovery plan. Drinking together is not something we have done together much. I am more worried about our annual trips to Mexico; which we usually do with another couple. The wife has a drinking problem so you can imagine how her and I whooped it up for a week at the all inclusive resorts. Yikes. That's a long time away though; so I wont worry about that now. In regards to the sleeping question. I feel like I am sleeping my life away right now. I am making the assumption that that sorts itself out at some point during this process and I wont need to go to bed at 7pm anymore? Things are going pretty good I guess. AV spent all day Sunday yapping away in my head until finally I just went to bed. AV pops it's head up at the silliest times too. A friend of mine was telling me about how this guy is three sheets to the wind at 1pm cause he has his first beer around 10am everyday....AV pops up and says "awww, wish I could be three sheets to the wind". Seriously? I cant seem to make myself go to any meetings, but if you all keep telling me how great they are I might have to try one out. In the meantime I think I will contact my EAP and see about getting into see a counsellor. something I meant to do before the flu kicked my butt...
Pams, I remember the first time I got sober a few years ago, all I did was sleep. I felt like I slept away the first month, but after that I started having more energy. Just go with it and do what's best for your body and recovery.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I've managed to get thru the last few days sober while the husband and I are not getting along. It's day 20 for me.
I'm a little worried about today. There is a party tonight for a coworkers return home from Australia. I would love to go but it's at a bar. There will even be two coworkers playing in their bands at the party. I would love to see the bands. One does surf music and the other is a classic rock cover band. Sounds great, but I don't know if I trust myself to go and not drink. Probably not a good idea. Talking myself out of it as I type...

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been trying to stay healthy, eat right and exercise. It definitely helps keep me motivated to stay sober.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since 29th March 2016.

Hello quitting buddies
I keep on feeling tired and often I speak in a sort of blurred way as if I was drunk. But I am not. Weird an embarassing. I feel quite moody and sad. I do meditation early in the morning and in the evening. It helps a lot.. but then I feel really really sleepy! Anyway, I think I am managing stress quite well. And actually I have plenty of stress that has not to do with withdrawal, but private life. I feel alone. I have no one to talk to about this issue. I could speak with my doctor, but actually I live far away from him. Tomorrow I will go out from work 2 hours earlier So I will try to relax more, to pet my pets and to care about myself. I am so tired to feel tired. Mind, body ( expecially the body). That's all. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It seems like a lot of our class is tired. I think that's probably normal in early recovery. I think if we continue to eat healthy, sleep enough, drink water etc. we will all even out and get more energy.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober since 29th March 2016.

I hope so! All my tendons and bones make creepy noises while moving. Sometimes I still feel crawiling sensation on my skin. the positive facts are that I'm eating 3 meals a day, I'm drinking a lot of iced tea and I have no more crazy ugly dreams. I'm planning a very relaxing a soothing weekend. I'll try not to speak otherwise people may think I am drunk.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I had to laugh a little at the irony of someone named "Siesta" sharing wisdom on sleeping. Siesta is right though--take that sleep when it comes early on. Your body is healing and if it says it's time to sleep, then it's time to sleep.

You are doing great, Class of April 2016! Keep helping each other, stick close together. You're stronger together! There's an amazing amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another.

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what sweet lies or rationalizations or justifications or other BS your addiction is whispering in your ear.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

JoF- that's great you are eating three meals a day! I am sure you are going to feel really good in no time!

I am glad you have a relaxing weekend planned. I think my speech is kinda slurred when I am tired. I wouldn't worry about it. If anyone thinks you are drunk you know your not and that what matters.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 12. I've been going to bed earlier than I used to but other than that I feel fine. Days 9-11 I was really fighting urges. Hopefully that has passed. Welcome to the newcomers.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning class

Plenty of sleeping happening here too. Love it.
I've booked a quick couple of weeks away....spur of the moment, because I can . But maybe not the wisest of moves re being sober. It will be a challenge...do it differently.

Have another good day all.....catch you later
Old 04-20-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 19. Getting ready to board my plane back home to Idaho. Had a great time but glad to be going home! Hope everyone has a great day!