Notices

Class of April 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-20-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi everyone~ thank you for welcoming me back to the class.

I hope your meeting went well kittycat

I am glad you enjoyed your vacation OnlyTheLonely
I hope you enjoy yours too Canguy

Today, Thursday, is day 2. Yesterday was hard and I almost stopped and got wine on my way home but got two large iced teas instead. Now that I have made it past day 1, I am hoping I can build on the days and not wanting to do day 1 over will give me some incentive.

Not drinking related but I saw a bird get hit by a pickup truck when I was at lunch yesterday and then it fluttered around and landed on some grass by the road. Another bird hopped over to it like it was checking on it and it was sad and I can't get it out of my mind. I am sure the one bird didn't make it. I know things like that happen I just wish I hadn't seen it.

Thank you for posting everyone and for letting me back in the class.
I hope everyone has a happy Thursday
Old 04-21-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking for a couple of days but I need to commit myself and say hello! It's so hard doing this alone and I know from the past this place has a real influence on my success. I hope I learn from mistakes and post here everyday, not get complacent and if i to trip up god forbid I come straight back.

I hope to get to know you all and share in this journey. I know this can be done and I know we can do it. I tell myself everyday I just want to be happy and drinking is making me unhappy therefore I need to stop drinking, but everyday is the same. It's so tiring. Anyway I'm rambling, I tend to that as I'm sure you'll learn. I'll try and catch up on all the past posts. TTFN
Old 04-21-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome Easyrider
Old 04-21-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Evening Class.

Another day nearly down guys....they add up.
So many encouraging posts.

Thanks Amazingjoy, Midwest....alcofree holiday will be all new territory for me, good to know it can work. It has been a bit of spur of the moment thing, tho if I'd read the government travel advisory first it maybe wouldn't have happened. Zika virus, check, don't go to the south because of the terrorists, fine, ....stay away from the other tourists, don't fall off a motorbike, get bitten by a dog. Okay. And don't tear up a banknote with a picture of the king....can get you 15 years.

Other than that.....enjoy. Tho, seriously, Siesta you are right. Alcohol just turns it all into a blur. Congratulations on 20 days...three weeks tomorrow then.

Tati, the long posts are fine. Actually you sound as though you are on the right track, hard as it is.

Have to agree with Winslow....the triggering posts. There have been times when the the reading here is hard.

Hi easyrider...welcome.

Okay....all the best. Later...
Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Welcome Easyrider.
Good day yesterday, but really in a funk last night. No obvious reason, maybe just tired from not sleeping well. And work is super busy as always and lots of being 'on' this week when don't feel like it. Had cravings still but manageable and no close calls.
Still a bit blah this morning but hoping to snap out of it soon. I didn't exercise last night and definitely need to do so tonight.
Today is day 13 and I'm looking forward to hitting 2 weeks tomorrow. Might treat myself to an aqua massage tomorrow over lunch. Really relaxing if any of you have access to a place that does them (called hydro massage too I think). Hope everyone has a strong and sober day.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Today is my Day 5 do-over and I'm going to do better this time!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You got this, BBB! Have a great day 5!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Suzie- the massage sounds like a great idea. I hope you have a great day. BBB- glad your doing well. congrats on day 5. Welcome easyrider. I slept great last night. It took me a little longer to get to sleep. I am sure it was the Heath bar. it tasted like pure sugar. lol
Old 04-21-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Emma- great job getting the ice tea!! Congrats on day 2.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Today is day 12 for me.

Jeez i can't remember the last time i went 12 days without drinking.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

fancave-

That's awesome! How are you feeling?
Old 04-21-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey all,bleh,I'm not taking the vitamin d anymore, everytime I take it I feel odd,sorta dizzy,very tired,brain foggy,etc,not even sure if my levels are low anyways, they tested for it 3 years ago and it was low but I was drinking heavily still back then so who knows? Defo gonna get a doc appointment to get bloods done anyways I'm due,I usually do it yearly,welcome Easyrider😊 and congrats on all the days sober to all,we're large and in charge let's keep it rollin'😊have an easy day all
Old 04-21-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello class! Welcome Easyrider and other new members.
Doing well. Had dinner last night with a friend and just had soda, big victory. Felt great about it driving home and through the evening. And certainly enjoyed my actual meal and the company more.
Working on my plan, started the binder yesterday. That also feels like a good step.
It's a beautiful day here, going to get some sun and hang out with my pup outside. Have a great day all
Old 04-21-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well I relapsed last night on day 12. I'm so ashamed this morning. Full of regret. I've been debating whether to share that but somehow I think that the honesty will be the best way to keep me in track. Anyone thinking about giving in to an urge needs to know its not worth it. Day 1. Again.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Jan- I am glad you came back and shared that. I have done the samething around the two week mark countless times.

The main thing is not to give up on sobriety. and learn from whatever happened so you have the tools for the next time.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober since 29th March 2016.

Hello support group I am still sober, but feeling really tired. This is getting me nervous. I hope this week-end I will have the chance to sleep a little bit more and to soothe myself. I'm taking magnesium for the sore muscles and drinking a lot of water / tea. I crave sugar, so I have some coke. It's 24 days today. 24 and a half. I thought I would have felt in a greate shape after 7-10 days, but instead...
Old 04-21-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Jan- I am glad you came back and shared that. I have done the samething around the two week mark countless times. The main thing is not to give up on sobriety. and learn from whatever happened so you have the tools for the next time.
Thanks Midwest. That helps.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober since 29th March 2016.

Jan1755, I have been sober for 3 years. Then I started again..just one beer.. then I quitted..3 months... then again, jus one innocent beer... You were corageus to admit your short relapse here. Just let it be just a short relapse, do not use it as an excuse to drink for exemple once a week. It does not work. Or at least it didn't for me, in the past. Stay strong! A hug!
Old 04-21-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Joefaneli, thank you. I feel so terrible today, so hungover that I'm fairly certain I'm back on track. Just a one day relapse. I hope I haven't set up the cravings to be worse again. Thanks
Old 04-21-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Jan1755. I have "experimented" since early December and each time I have found that alcohol is not really any fun for me anymore. I don't like how it makes me feel but I was just so used to how I felt after drinking that it became my norm.

The last time I tried to drink again was for a "special" date night with my husband to have a port we had purchased last year from a winery on our anniversary. It didn't even taste good to me now and I felt so bleh afterwards.

Sometimes I think we just need to dip our toes back into the "drink" to find out for ourselves that is really is a poison that makes us feel terrible and we don't need it to have fun.

I was reading about how someone did her own experiment with alcohol. Her assertion is that you actually have fun at social events because of the people and activities, not because of the alcohol.

She removed all other variables...no people, no music, no TV, etc. She proceeded to drink the bottle of wine and recorded video of herself after she finished the bottle. At the time, she thought she was really being funny and that what she said and did was more interesting. She was horrified when she watched the video the next day to see that she wasn't funny at all. And she realized alcohol did not really make her have fun.

It was an interesting read...

Anyway, glad you are still posting here and SR is a place for honesty. It is a safe haven where you can always share...full of caring and generous people who are also not afraid to help us stay accountable.

Post here anytime you feel you might be getting close to drinking...people will help!