last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-21.html

D
Old 04-22-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was first.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I guess I'm second. I walk to work on nice days, and today is one of those days. The only problem is when I leave work I literally have to walk right by a liquor store. A little nervous about this afternoon.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand that, Sam. So, when you walk past that store, think of me standing in front of it, holding a big, colorful poster saying "keep walking, you're doing great" or something like that. You don't have to go inside.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fablea do you watch current Grey's episodes? I am always rushing kids to bed on Thursday so I can watch it lol. Never works out for me, I end up catching bits and pieces while doing checks and lie-downs with kids.

Thanks for the PM Casey! Still around, some days I have a burst of posts and some I don't, not intentionally!!! Yesterday got chaotic here.

Day 54 I believe! Friday.....urgh. Important we all check in today!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you go a different way? Even if it's s longer route? I know it's going to be unavoidable sometimes, but I feel like early on avoiding those places is a good idea especially if you're not feeling confident about it.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 54 applekat! I try to catch new greys too but I'm a bit behind
Old 04-22-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LB the time with your daughter sounds great! Ear piercing is one thing my 6 year old simply says, Nope, about. For now!

Oh how I miss sweet sleep.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I started watching Private Practice on Netflix again, so that I can pause and watch when I can!

Is it funny that I'm a little bit happy it's gloomier out today rather than gloriously sunny so my cravings are lessened! Oy vey.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Fablea do you watch current Grey's episodes? I am always rushing kids to bed on Thursday so I can watch it lol. Never works out for me, I end up catching bits and pieces while doing checks and lie-downs with kids.
I started watching season 1 just before NYE, and now I have watched everything. Here in Norway we're two episodes behind the US, so I watch them online. I have three episodes waiting for me now, including yesterday's episode.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, today is the beginning of day 4, and I'm happy to be here and have a day off from work. I had a busy work week (I work four 10's) and I was struggling bad on Monday and Tuesday with shakes and sweating from coming off the booze. Feeling much more like a real person yesterday and today.

I have a few days off now so I can't wait to focus on sobriety and catch up with all of you lovely folks! I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to you all, I simply didn't have time this week with my detoxing and working ugh.

Gotta get moving now though, baby is up yelling. He will be a year old on Tuesday and I have lots to do for his party have a sober happy day all. Xoxox
Old 04-22-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow! A new thread already? At this rate we're gonna be on thread 1,000 by Christmas! We should try to break a record! Lol

Checking in on day 6.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-22-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm closing in on 2000 posts! Both exciting....and frustrating that I haven't nailed this yet lol.

But I'm here. Giving myself some credit.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Jemma good to see you again

Kiki - crazy I know! Hope you have a great day

Applekat - I know what you mean re frustration. Definitely great we're still here trying though hey!

I had some random anxiety tonight, just for 30 mins or so. I just had a rest, drank some water and reassured myself that I was ok, and it seems to have gone. What a relief. I need to eat too, didn't have much today. Off to buy some burgers - not the healthiest choice but hey, beats booze. Friday night here, always a tough time for me. I'll be back to check in soon
Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I haven't "nailed it" yet either but we will Apple! Progress not perfection! :-)

You have a great day too immri!

BTW: since stopping drinking my husband drives me nuts! EVERYTHING about him has been annoying me & pissing me off! Ugh! Some times I just want to run away! Anyone relate?

Truth is...I haven't been happy in our marriage for YEARS!

I keep telling myself that I will try to "shelf" these feelings until 1 year sober though.

He drinks "normally" by the way. :-/
Old 04-22-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks to you 2016 Marchers for talking me through last night. I just re-read my posts. Sorry again for being such a downer. I think I've had my last cry for my friend Jim. Not that I dont mourn his death, but I have to let it help me to celebrate life. I mean, what, really, is alcoholism if its not suicide by inches? I want to have confidence again in the space between my ears. And that is only done soberly. I hope God will take me to new adventures and new heights in sobriety, and strengthen me to overcome the obstacles. I pray that for each of us.

Thanks again, 2016 Marchers!
Old 04-22-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your marriage, Kiki, but I agree with you that you should wait until you've had substantial sober time before you decide to change things.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lofty, there's room for all emotions here, no need to apologize for feeling something. You should come here when you feel bad, this place makes you feel better. Great people here!
Old 04-22-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning with a busy day ahead.

Yesterday afternoon I did some yardwork and the White-throated Sparrows were everywhere, and singing. They are heading north to Canada to breed, which makes sense because their song is often transcribed as "Sweet, Sweet, Canada, Canada, Canada." They are out there singing this morning as well, lovely birds to watch. One of my favorites. Here's a youtube vid of them singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_YJC1SjHE

So watch for them Sam (and everyone here in the east and Midwest), listen for them. They're heading north for a Canadian summer! For a birdwatcher like me, this is just about the best time of year with all the birds arriving and passing through. I've seen 156 species so far this year, not all here in Pennsylvania though.

Make it a good Friday one and all, but please be careful. Fridays were always when I pulled out all the stops after the workweek. Sounds ridiculous, considering all the damage left behind, but I still miss alcohol a lot. But things are better this way, if often more tense and frustrating when the cravings return.

Oh, I get pissy every evening without the booze in hand. And a remarkable number of things act as triggers. The garden's a mess? I want a drink. My wife had a tough day at work? I want a drink. I didn't get enough done today? I want a drink. I'm avoiding all the finances? I want a drink. It's amazing I ever got anything done at all.

Anyway, hang in there. My thoughts are with all of us, especially those who are struggling most. We can do this together.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Starting Day 4 and it's the weekend - ugh. I haven't been posting my days because I hate Days 1-3 and have been slipping a lot on those days. My last drink was Monday night at 9:30pm so my new sobriety date is April 19, 2016. I want to start next week on Day 7 so I will not drink this weekend . I'm even trying to postpone a family get together that we are supposed to be hosting tomorrow night. It's with my mom, brother, SIL snd her family. Everyone, except for SIL (and hubby now) will be drinking a lot and I just don't want to be around it right now.

Had a rough morning, so far, but had a good cry and feel better now. Hubby had a stomach bug yesterday and last night so this morning he was pretty irritable and we were trying to talk about something and the way he was acting/talking to me just ticked me off. It's funny (not really) what we notice, and get bothered by, when we are sober and in our right minds. I think I really "swept a lot of things under the rug" when I was drinking - does that make any sense? Anyway, after a good cry in the bathroom, I told him how I felt and he apologized.

Going to volunteer at my daughter's class this afternoon, but other than that I will be around lots. Very on guard for my miserable AV today. Wishing you all a wonderful and sober Friday. So grateful for you all