Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 14

Old 04-05-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Good morning!!!! Day 58. Liking it.

Garden- I have panic attacks too, drinking made them worse. I've only had one since about week two. I am really sorry you are going through this. I think that this early on, we have lots of emotional ups and downs. I do hope that things get better for you.

Auggie- I took Chantix and worked amazingly. (I eventually started smoking again because I wanted to, but it took all craving away!)

Badger- I just recently found the thanks button when I logged onto an actual computer, you can't even do it from your phone, which is where I usually read and post from! Glad you heard from OOTT. I like that guy!

Jl- sounds like you had an awesome evening, I hope for another one today. I'm so glad things are kind of looking up!

OT- hope you get back into your morning groove!!! Since the time change I struggled getting up early, but I'm back on it now, feel so much more productive!!

Welcome back opal, good job on day 6. Glad to see you.

amazingjoy- Just wanna say HI!!!

PHRD- I have a rough since birth kiddo too... he's 12 now and still rough. I do hope and pray for him daily! Being a mom is so HARD sometimes! But its also my favorite job regardless.

Sorry if I missed anyone, really thinking of you all today. Hope its a good one, we need it!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hi OOTT!!! Glad you are okay. I did yard work this weekend too, its actually the first time I really wanted a beer in a LONG time. I got over that feeling quickly and didn't act on it. Good job on staying sober. Hope this weekend perks up for you!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi 360! Wow, just 2 days away from 60...that's so awesome!!!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Been reading every day on here. Every one sounds like they're doing well for the most part. ... glad to see you back Opal!
I got the job... start the 18th.
Court in two days.
I will be joining the April class too I guess. Le sigh.
If I make it through this week with my sanity in tact that is.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
Good morning!!!! Day 58. Liking it.

Garden- I have panic attacks too, drinking made them worse. I've only had one since about week two. I am really sorry you are going through this. I think that this early on, we have lots of emotional ups and downs. I do hope that things get better for you.
Congrats on day 58!

Thanks y'all for the replies. Yesterday was a rough day. DH and I had a long talk this morning, and we made a deal to try harder to improve things. He suggested we go back to counseling. I think it could help, but often drudging up the past is just too painful for me [trigger]. I feel like I need to concentrate on 'one day at a time'.

I'm still catching up here, clearly on a lot. OOTT, not sure what happened, but glad you're ok.

I have a doc appt today which is wrought with anxiety, but things should be clearer in 48 hours when they get some data. I need to stay strong!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Gosh. Alot has happened since I left? What happened to you both Delizadee and GG?
Old 04-05-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I don't even know who posts here anymore
Old 04-05-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Well done 360!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Delizadee, I'll look forward to seeing you in the April class too :-) Congrats on your new job and please keep us posted on how court goes on Thursday! You can make it through this week...you are not alone!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Day 36 today ,and another great day. Met with my boss for my evauation and she said I seem to have "a certain light about me." That is, no doubt, SOBRIETY!
Be good to yourselves!
Lee
Old 04-05-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
Congrats on day 58!

Thanks y'all for the replies. Yesterday was a rough day. DH and I had a long talk this morning, and we made a deal to try harder to improve things. He suggested we go back to counseling. I think it could help, but often drudging up the past is just too painful for me [trigger]. I feel like I need to concentrate on 'one day at a time'.

I'm still catching up here, clearly on a lot. OOTT, not sure what happened, but glad you're ok.

I have a doc appt today which is wrought with anxiety, but things should be clearer in 48 hours when they get some data. I need to stay strong!
Sorry about the problems. I know what you mean about the Costa Rican vaycay. I once took a girl on a spur of a moment trip to Mexico using a time share "stay" that I bought at a charity auction. Well, it wasn't the right girl and it wasn't the right time, and the trip was MISERABLE. She stayed in the time share room for three straight days. She wasn't adventurous and she flat out hated and was scared of Mexico and all things Mexican. Never again! I was drinking like crazy by the end of trip. Horrible, horrible experience.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Day 37. Good to see some peeps checking in. I read here more than post but I am still confused on some things too lol. Oh well. Thanks as always for your behind the scenes work, Dee, and your smooth and easygoing advice!

Shake it off if you have slipped and get right back in here.

Man I was hoping to hear that the "rough since birth" kids had turn arounds lol!! My oldest is 6 and she is a spitfire but says some things sometimes that I wouldn't think a 6 year old should be talking about/worrying about. Behavior wise she is near perfect at school, and a helion at home.

Keep on keepin' on class.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Day 36 today ,and another great day. Met with my boss for my evauation and she said I seem to have "a certain light about me." That is, no doubt, SOBRIETY!
Be good to yourselves!
Lee
Nice report! that's fantastic.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

opalblau = kim.
hi kim. We wuz worried about you.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opalblue View Post
Gosh. Alot has happened since I left? What happened to you both Delizadee and GG?
Marriage problems. I was with my husband 24/ 7 in Puerto Rico, and while it was fun, I think it exacerbated some of our ongoing problems. Nobody said marriage would be easy [sorry, OOTT! I'm sure yours will be great! ]

I have a tendency to stuff down my anger/ frustration/ resentment/ etc rather than voice it. Well, then I wait too long and explode. Alcohol clearly made this worse, and I said stuff I otherwise never would have said. My husband said I can be very mean. Yes, I know… but generally not when sober. Yet another reason to work on that. My son was my main driving force, but my marriage has suffered as well.

It's a 2 way street though, and a vicious cycle. We made a deal to both try harder to work on our respective shortcomings. Divorce isn't always the answer… if the core issues aren't dealt with, the problems just continue into the next relationship[s].

Ah, life! I'm off to get my ticker monitored. Fingers crossed!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Oh, it was Porto Rico, not Costa Rica. Well, I knew what you meant.

Just to bring this full circle, my miserable trip to Mexico was directly alcohol related. I was at a charity auction and I was drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade. I had too many and was sort of tipsy and I was trying to show off for a girl I met, so I overbid on this Mexican vacation that turned out to be such a disaster. if I had been sober I never would have bid so much and I would have avoided an expensive, miserable trip.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I went to Costa Rica last year. Fabulous country!! I speak Spanish, so there are many countries on my bucket list… I lived in Mexico D.F. one summer in H.S. It can be a scary place, yeah, but I can be a pretty scary lady. ;-)
Old 04-05-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Day 37. Good to see some peeps checking in. I read here more than post but I am still confused on some things too lol. Oh well. Thanks as always for your behind the scenes work, Dee, and your smooth and easygoing advice!

Shake it off if you have slipped and get right back in here.

Man I was hoping to hear that the "rough since birth" kids had turn arounds lol!! My oldest is 6 and she is a spitfire but says some things sometimes that I wouldn't think a 6 year old should be talking about/worrying about. Behavior wise she is near perfect at school, and a helion at home.

Keep on keepin' on class.
Just to give you a little hope.... Mine is only half as bad as he was. (Does that tell you how bad he WAS??) I've always been told, if they behave in public and with other people, but are horrible at home, then we are doing a good job. Lol. Not sure where it came from, but I'll take it!

Congrats on 37!!
Old 04-05-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opalblue View Post
Its KNB by the way :-)
Welcome back Opal.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Be good to yourselves!
Lee
This is such a great, tangible result of sobriety.