Do your best

Thank you D

Just spoke to my dad first time in over a month talking books strange but fun
Old 03-09-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Thanks for the new thread., Dee.

Hi sassy, feeling-good and Wolfie . I'm a big chicken soup for colds believer, too, Wolfie ! I also have hot lemonade with slides lemon and ginger in it. I don't make my homemade soup like yourself. It's gotta be soooo much better.

Hope the rains have stopped itchy.

We've had a deluge of rain here today. Been frosty, icy the last two mornings now wet wet wet . If it freezes tonight , well hopefully it won't .

See you tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

When you see Haughton or Princeton, it's not just near us, that is us - that is our neighborhood. We got 12 " yesterday here and the second wave hits tonight. I was first stationed here in this town in 1971, and never saw anything like this. The newest subdivisions have several with water 4 feet high inside the houses. In my Parish (That's county to the non French settled non-Catholic states and countries) there are 2500 evacuated homes and impassable roads. Interstate 20 is closed due to a river not only overflowing its banks, but overflowing the main highway.

Here are some pictures: Mandatory evacuations ordered for 9 N. Bossier neighborhoods - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

All this from one day of 10-13" of rain in 8 hours. The next severe storms come through today, and tomorrow. We are told it may be another 8-10 inches and I can't even imagine what will happen. The only two routes out of my place is a state Hwy 80, and Interstate 20. I drove down Hwy 80 an hour ago to get my fix of starlite mints, they had the detour of I-20 through the smaller Hwy 80 so coming home it was down to one lane bumper to bumper traffic where the water was getting deep on one side of the road. Two lanes squeezed into one lane, and amazing river and creeks overflowing their banks and now coming over the bridges over them.

My road had two low spots that had powerful flash floods that moved trees and limbs onto the road from the creek running under it through a culvert. I ma not near the flooding, but on high ground right in the middle of it. We are safe here, have aback up generator and a large freezer full of food along with the freezer in the double door refrigerator. Just in case we are filling the one tub with water. I took inventory and got anything we missed because I expect us not to be able to get anywhere by road after tonight's rain and tomorrows. I fell so bad for the folks in the subdivisions that flooded into the homes.

Y'all we're fine and can make it without power or water for a couple of weeks if need be.

Mags you take care from yourself! We are fine, dry, healthy, and just a bit upset as we have a leak from the roof in our new house. But the folks that will fix it are rescuing other folks that lost everything to flooding and sandbagging friends homes to save what they can. My little leak is totally fixable later. it filled half bucket overnight so no big deal and it is under warranty.

FBL,
It's gonna get worse before it gets better. The slogan on TV is "Turn around, don't drown!"

FG, hey!

Wolf,
I am tickled at your new found decency in your Dad. Amazing how we either have to choose friends and family over alcohol, or alcohol over friends and family. He is likely amazed at his new found decency in you!

Sassy one,
we will have to put her dad in storage as he is getting grossly worse by the week now. He currently can't find his truck keys and locked himself out of the truck. This may turn out to be a good thing. We may have to never find them. Eventually we will have to go in and get his guns out too. His property may nahe a forced evacuation too as his property is next to one of the rivers causing all the trouble a few miles downstream.

Gotta go and see what's next.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

News just said another 10" tonight likely. We will be OK but my Goodness the damage and complete losses of others here.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Itch. I hope the deluge stops soon and y'all can get to putting things right again.

D
Old 03-09-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

^^^ Ditto.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay safe, Itchy. I have seen the reports and it is quite a devastating flood situation. And here we are not all that farther north, getting the first rain in 38 days... less than an inch.
My Grandmother always said the world went nuts after we landed on the moon. She thought they messed up something. She may be right...

On a good note, I had to buy some new pants yesterday as my current ones were getting too big. I have went down 6 inches in waist size, mostly due to not drinking (and scarfing potato chips and such.)

But then I am stressed and anxious here tonight... but no drinking allowed! A prominent musician in my town (whose father was world renowned in his time) has mentioned me to some group (not sure who) for a writing gig that would actually pay. I do freelance concert/CD reviews but only get paid in free tickets or promotional CD. Of course, I immediately think I would be a complete failure because this would be more involved as I would be writing essays and such. Not sure of the details yet, but he called a bit ago when I was out and wants to talk further about it. I want to say no. But if I did, I would instantly regret it and stew over how I blew it again.

Sometimes I just want to be left alone in my insanity.

Last edited by DrakeCKC; 03-09-2016 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spacing looked wacky.. 2nd edit: still does, oh well.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

So cool just got back from a meeting and one of the patriarchs celebrated 29 years. This guy is so content and so happy in his sobriety it gives me all sorts of warm and fuzzies to see what the future holds if I stay sober
Old 03-09-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

^^^ That's beautiful, all except for the "if".

I have faith in you MIRecovery.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Drake ~ I think you will be brilliant at that job. Really.

Hope it works out for you love!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I agree, Drake :-)
Old 03-09-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just had my day off, was busy all day. Five am start tomorrow. Off to bed I go.
Love to all the Overs.
Oh p.s., just as things seem settled, of course they get upturned again. The owners of the house are selling and we have to go! I think we have two months.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good morning overs.

Gosh itchy, I watched your news report. It's certainly bad for folk, I hope your fil keeps safe, good idea to move the guns. Keep safe.

Drake fantastic news losing 6 inches! I could do with that too! Kick that little doubting Thomas out of your brain, you'll be fine writing the gig!

A day off Inpar,! You slacking girl! Lol. Or more like catching up at home! Hope you find a new home pretty soon.

Hi MIR, 29 years is a massive achievement, which I'm sure we will all reach! Using our tools! You know you say the guy is so content in his sobriety but that's how I see you. I know you've had more than you're fare share of heartache and stayed sober all the time. How you did it I don't know but, to me you've achieved as much as the guy at the meeting, albeit a difference of a few years.

His V, sassy, Wolfie, Dee, drake, feeling-good, toots, and all the overs.

Have a good Thursday.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey guys

Itchy I feel for your friends and neighbours all that upset and no immediate end in sight. I am glad you seem to be in a position to hold firm.

Drake - what they say my man, you will do great, have faith in your abilities. And kudos on the streamlining!

FG good to see all is well with you X

MIR, yes, when not if!

FBL, thank you! I didn't get to play it yesterday as I had a rush to get ready, but just played it now and Molly was all happy and waggy, she just loves that song!
I am so glad your mom is settled in her new place.

IP wow, you sure hit the ground running didn't you! Sorry to hear you have to move again, but I guess you have time to look around,mt hat is is you get any time to yourself with all the work you have going on!

Mags feel better soon hun. X

Wolfie, how are you doing? Good you spoke to your dad and managed to keep it all on neutral subjects.

All okay here just busy, book four is written now, so it's all the fiddly stuff to do with publication, while the characters of book five a yipping impatiently in my ear!

Sass, VC, Dee, Zip, et al

Have a great thoughtful Thursday all X

Hugs Overs!
Old 03-10-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

An early good morning here, Overs!

I took a one night holiday from my sleeping meds and have been up all night. I used to skip one or two nights per week when I was taking them before which helped me avoid getting too addicted. Sigh!

I must say that my sleep problems seem awfully minor when I watch/read the news and see all the flooding in your area, Itchy!

Congrats on your 4th book, Toots!

Have a good day to all :-)
Old 03-10-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, that is some serious flooding, I mean BIBLICAL proportions! I was only half-joking about the ark.

Drake, you'll do fine. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm down a couple of pants sizes, thanks to my daily walks.

Wolfie, nice to hear about your Dad. Remember, our parents won't be around forever.

Busy, busy, busy at my job these days, but hey, it beats workin' for a living

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!