Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 53

Old 04-05-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Letitgo -Congratulations!!

Saskia - You are so kind, and your encouragement means a lot to me. Thank you!!

Fantail - How is your week going? Are you triggering? If so, how are you getting through? I've found a great antidote to white knuckling is taking time to care for and nurture myself and take care of myself.

Paul - Glad you are doing so well and feeling steady in sobriety. Little things get in my way too, sometimes. They used to consume me, but with time and practice they jam me up less than they used to.

Amp - Cool analogy with the compressor. Written like an English teacher, for sure!

Diet Day 5 today. Last night was rough. I had a busy day at work, drove home in a snow storm (in April!), chaired my home group meeting, then came home where my husband was yelling at the kids.

When I settled in, I wanted potato chips!! Instead I centered myself, focused on the moment and realized I was stressed. Being in the moment is a technique that allows me to fully enjoy the good stuff, and I guess also allows me to be really honest with myself that I'm stressed, so that I don't react with toxic behaviors or unhealthy distractions.

Potato chips and booze are nothing alike! However, it's cool to use the techniques that got me sober to make more healthy decisions.

Have a great day, Undies!!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Just got done catching up on everyone's posts. Lots of good stuff happening it sounds like. Especially with getting active and eating better. Something I'm trying to work on as well.

Home life has been extremely difficult. My mom is constantly yelling at me telling me how I'm a loser ect be of her being miserable. I'm still sober tho, 23 days today.

This past weekend was nice. I took my dog hiking in Big Bear with a friend, there was still a little snow left. And then yesterday hiked in the hills above the beach.

Womp has been tough for me. I'm lacking motivation and I think a lot of it is my home life taking a toll on me. I'm constantly feeling exhausted and just over all low energy. Finding myself downing energy drinks just to make it thru the day. I've bee n so tired when I'm at home I haven't even been surfing the Internet or keeping up with my social pages as well as here. Hoping to get out of this funk soon.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:26 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
now's the time

I'm doing well Gleefan, thanks for asking. No cravings so far. Over all this trip is going really well. I wasn't sure that I was ready to move on from my life in California, but I am. Being here is really great as a visit. But I can feel that it's time for whatever's next.

This weekend might be harder though!
Old 04-05-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Well done for sticking with the program BF. Must be tough with the pressure at home. Remember to take the time to remind yourself that you're doing a great job which, essentially, will become easier as you progress. Take care!
Old 04-05-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Letitgo, well done on your new milestone, you are doing great.

BeFree, you are fighting on so many fronts just now. Have you visited the friends and family section here? They may have some specific help and support for how to cope with living with your moms addiction and aggression. Just remember honey, the things she says are about her own hurts and fears, she is projecting. None of it is about you. You are so not a loser, you have worked constantly at your sobriety for as long as I have known you, you are not a quitter, you are a warrior. Be strong my friend and make time for your cyber connections, they are a part of your army.

Hugs Undies, keep fighting your Battles and Winning
Old 04-06-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Undies
Old 04-06-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Hi undies.
Just got done catching up on everyone's posts. Lots of good stuff happening it sounds like. Especially with getting active and eating better. Something I'm trying to work on as well.

Home life has been extremely difficult. My mom is constantly yelling at me telling me how I'm a loser ect be of her being miserable. I'm still sober tho, 23 days today.

This past weekend was nice. I took my dog hiking in Big Bear with a friend, there was still a little snow left. And then yesterday hiked in the hills above the beach.

Womp has been tough for me. I'm lacking motivation and I think a lot of it is my home life taking a toll on me. I'm constantly feeling exhausted and just over all low energy. Finding myself downing energy drinks just to make it thru the day. I've bee n so tired when I'm at home I haven't even been surfing the Internet or keeping up with my social pages as well as here. Hoping to get out of this funk soon.
Forgive what might be a question you've already answered: have you talked to your mom about your recovery?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Don't have much to say, just wanted to say hi.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Fabela.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi OT.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hope all is well.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi all!

BFree, Toots said it so well that I will ditto what she said. You are a very strong lady and you need to take care of yourself. Glad to hear you've been getting out and hiking. Are there any local services you can access that might be able to help with your mother even a little?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

BF well you certainly are not a loser and I agree with Toots as well. With working, taking care of business, making your own way, and having a full life on the weekends you are clearly the winner here. Congratulations on 23 days now and continuing to work on your sobriety under difficult circumstances.

Is it time for some tough love with your mom? Your house, your rules?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post

Diet Day 5 today. Last night was rough. I had a busy day at work, drove home in a snow storm (in April!), chaired my home group meeting, then came home where my husband was yelling at the kids.

When I settled in, I wanted potato chips!! Instead I centered myself, focused on the moment and realized I was stressed. Being in the moment is a technique that allows me to fully enjoy the good stuff, and I guess also allows me to be really honest with myself that I'm stressed, so that I don't react with toxic behaviors or unhealthy distractions.

Potato chips and booze are nothing alike! However, it's cool to use the techniques that got me sober to make more healthy decisions.

Have a great day, Undies!!
That is so cool that the things we have learned in getting sober can also apply to many other things in life as well!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi Undies! Glee, I am a potato chip-aholic too. I have lost a lot of weight in the last 2 years, over 40lbs, but I still like my chips. I just buy one small bag every so often to satisfy my desire. Better that than my constant craving them!

I joined the Undies just about three years ago and was 12 days sober. I made to three today. All with the love, support and care of the Undies, Overs and all on SR.

If you are still working on sobriety, keep on. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself!

Undies
Old 04-06-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

(((BoozeFree))) - I'm so sorry to hear how difficult it is at home with your mom. The good thing is you know her behavior unacceptable; AlAnon gave me some good techniques on peacefully detaching from alcoholics in my life. It was a turning point for me to change my thinking from being angry with what they'd done to me to wanting to take care of myself.

Fantail - Glad to hear that so far, so good. Keep us close this weekend if you need us!

Toots - Much love and thanks always for your wisdom.

WWS - Hello! It's good to see you extending your recommendations here!

Hi Amp, OT and Fabella. How are you?

I'm off from work this morning for with parent teacher conferences. Two years ago at Spring parent teacher conferences, I was about a month into my sobriety and my oldest was in 4th grade. At the conference the teacher shared that my son had written content for a school assignment about someone who vomited over and over because they drank too much alcohol. The teachers were puzzled that my son laughed hysterically at the story.

I am grateful to have found a way to stop drinking, and to continually improve my connection with others.

Have a great sober day, Undies! Love to all!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm good thanks Glee! Excited about my anniversary which is coming around soon. Me and some of the others from April 2015 are chipping in on April 2016,trying to give a bit of encouragement to those who are just starting out. It feels good to be really in touch with my recovery again!

Drake! Amazing!!! Congrats on 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Drake, 3 years is great, bud.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Undies
Old 04-06-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Drake my sober buddy I am so happy to be able to congratulate you on 3 years!

Fabela, we do brief and concise here, welcome!

We also do long winded!

Amp it is great to know your April 15ers are encouraging the newbies, every little bit helps, it truly does.

I remember coming here, falling coming back slipping and coming back again until I suddenly found my feet and learned acceptance. Those with many months or ever gasp! yearsof sobriety were like distant Gods to me, I never imagined myself in their ranks, I just knew I couldn't keep on living the way I had been. Since those days I have watched, encouraged, supported,despaired and celebrated joyously those who walk the steps of recovery along side me.

Amp, we have a seat reserved for you in the Overs, something of a rite of passage to post there on your first soberversary, whether you stick around the old folk or not! ( you will see a few UndieOvers there!)

WWS, Thumpa, good to see you both doing so well

Glee, when you write of things relating to your early days, it brings home how much of your journey you have shared here, watching you grow spiritually with courage and acceptance has been inspiring to everyone who knows you.

Anyone seen KNB? If you are out there reading sweetie, stick around, it took me a few times here to find my sober feet. The failure isn't in falling, it is in not getting back up. For some of us, that can take a little longer but I know you will get there.

BeFree, lots of loving support here, and Glees suggestion of Al-anon might help, you might find it a better fit than AA just now.

Hugs Undies, Keep On Keeping On!! ( see what I mean about long winded Fabela!!)