Old 05-16-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go OT
Old 05-16-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
OT, big congrats on 3 months!

Amp, i think our home groups can be incredibly helpful in our determination to stay sober. When our friends are hitting milestones, we realize that we can do it, too :-)
That's right, Saskia. Strength in numbers has been key for me in getting up to a year sober. Who would have thought it!?!
Old 05-16-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Hey you guys really good to see some success and positivity congrats to those who haven't given in and anyone who has well just get back up ok

Doing the eulogy at my fathers funeral tomorrow have been surrounded by loving and supportive family for the most part so am ok still sober and will remain so fingers crossed have been working a good recovery plan so am in the best shape I can be

Peace

V
Old 05-16-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Van, my thoughts will be with you!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Van my thoughts and prayers are with you also.
hugs
Babs
Old 05-16-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Take care Van. Wishing you well.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Checking in and catching up on posts. I've still been doing tons of hiking. My dog is passed out on me right now. Hiked about 12 miles today to a waterfall. I've noticed that when getting out and getting some exercise I don't think about drinking. Psychically tiring myself out seems to be helping rest my mind some. Hiking is becoming very addicting.
Mom is still nuts yelling one min then apologizing the next. Avoiding when I can has been helping some. It's still very draining but I'm trying to stay positive.
Back to wompland tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hiking is good BF

D
Old 05-17-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

BFree, glad you have the hiking. There's nothing quite like some good physical activity in beautiful settings and with a faithful companion.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I'm with you on the Hiking BF. Good exercise and a great getaway from it all. Being outside like that can be very serene and therapeutic. It is the best way to get my mind off of alcohol that I can think of.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
now's the time

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Hi undies.
Checking in and catching up on posts. I've still been doing tons of hiking. My dog is passed out on me right now. Hiked about 12 miles today to a waterfall. I've noticed that when getting out and getting some exercise I don't think about drinking. Psychically tiring myself out seems to be helping rest my mind some. Hiking is becoming very addicting.
Mom is still nuts yelling one min then apologizing the next. Avoiding when I can has been helping some. It's still very draining but I'm trying to stay positive.
Back to wompland tomorrow.
I have to ask what is womp???
Old 05-17-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post

I have to ask what is womp???
Hahaha! I remember asking exactly the same when I joined this group!!! I even googled It and got a wierd definition...some kind of strange electronic sound effect! Guys here use it as a synonym for work
Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening friends
Old 05-17-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

OT - Glad to see that sobriety is keeping your life on a better track. Booze always made my life spin out of control, while I was drinking, and as the hangovers got worse, it got harder to get back on course.

Fantail - I haven't had many cravings, or even thoughts about drinking for a while, so it took me by surprise when I got off the plane on vacation the other day, saw people drinking in the airport bar, and wanted to join them! I'm grateful to have a strong sober network to turn to. Alcoholism is progressive, and if I take one drink, it won't be long until I'm right back to where I left off when I quit 27 months ago. Even worse, some people report that they are where they'd be if they had kept drinking during all their sober time.

BoozeFree - Exercise is great for the body and soul! I'm glad hiking is providing you the serenity you seek.

I'm enjoying some good times in Disney World with my family this week. I love it here!

Our time together has been far from perfect, but I've been working really hard on not letting my family's behavior direct my happiness or mood. We're on a great trip to a wonderful place, but people get cranky when in the heat, or when their legs are tired from walking several miles a day, or when they're hungry, etc. I try to remember that my moods can shift depending on what's going on with me, and not worry so much about my husband's or kids' passing frustrations. I'm enjoying the magic of recovery while taking in the magic of Disney!!

Love to all!! Have a great week!!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
now's the time

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hahaha! I remember asking exactly the same when I joined this group!!! I even googled It and got a wierd definition...some kind of strange electronic sound effect! Guys here use it as a synonym for work
I googled it too!! Haha. Ok, got it!

(Edited to add: Immediately after googling I thought, "Hmm, maybe the person posting is a DJ." before deciding best just to ask)
Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
now's the time

Glee, I'm glad you're having fun and keeping positive! I have to work hard on not letting other people's moods affect me, too. In similar situations too... people get hungry or cranky and I take it really seriously and get flustered trying to "fix" the mood unnecessarily. It's nice to hear that you're doing well (and also nice to know I'm not the only one who has trouble in that area!).

Also your point about the progressiveness of alcoholism -- yes, when I relapsed I didn't pick back up where I'd left off. My physical reactions were much more severe from the get go. Faster to black out, worse hangovers/withdrawals, etc.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day everyone
Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Fantail, whomp is the sound my heart makes when the alarm goes off on a work day!!

Glee, I 'manage' my husbands moods so much better now in sobriety! By that I mean I no longer allow him to get grumpy or sulk over some perceived misdemeanour, I just give it to him straight or tease him out of it. or like you, accept that I have no control over how another person is going to act, only over how I am going to respond.
Enjoy the mouse and friends.

BeFree, I find that being surrounded with nature reminds me that I am not the be all and end all, but one infinitesimal part of this big cosmic scheme. It puts things in perspective and gives me the strength to fight on. It sounds like you are having a similar experience. And I bet your dog is loving it!

OT congrats on three months!

Hugs Undies x
Old 05-18-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Anxiety about the next few days have caused my cravings to fire up again. They're nothing in comparison to when I was drinking and right now having a drink is the equivalent of flushing my future down the toilet. So it's not going to happen.

Glee - Glad you're having a good time, you have a very good way of looking at things!
Old 05-18-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-54-a.html

D