Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-29-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

immri, I am sorry to hear that you drank. I have had more Day 1's than I can count. I am glad you are posting and back here though. What others tell me when I slip is to think about what happened and why I drank and to make a plan to avoid or handle the situation better. Everything is ok. You are ok. Onward and upward right?

Day 2 for me. Slept well last night with the help of a gravol and the stomach thing I had going on yesterday seems to be gone. *fingers crossed* Will go into work and hope for the best. The new Xerox machine is being set up today. I hope I can keep my patience in check and not snap at the tech who will be trying to show me all the wonderful things the machine can do. Happy Tuesday all!
Old 03-29-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

For me the fact I am still here and still trying is a positive thing and these last few days have really helped me as I can see how good life could be without poisoning my system with massive amounts of alcohol day after day, that is helping me, by focussing on this .... i hope not to succumb again thank you to everyone reading and encouraging it means so much x
Old 03-29-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Day 4 and have a busy morning until my daughter gets the bus. Hubby just informed me has to work all night tonight (from home, but it is still a trigger) so of course my AV perked up. Not listening to it today. I'm feeling really good at the moment and I don't want to go backwards again. Will post more later. Haven't even had a chance to read all of your posts since last night

Have a great day sober friends
Old 03-29-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Quick check in Day 13.

Sorry to hear of people struggling, keep going, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Welcome to everyone new, hope you stick around.

Here, my plan seems to be working. I know my trigger time so exercising every night for an hour starting 15 mins before my trigger time or if I feel it creeping up seems to be working so far. I have events coming up in the next 6 weeks that are going to be a major struggle to refuse alcohol, there is going to be a lot of it going around with the visitors that we have coming.

X
Old 03-29-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thinking of you today, Keets, and praying everything goes well!!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Sorry for those struggling. Immri, Janeeb day one is better than not coming back. You're here. Keep working. It will stick.

Ladybug, keep ignoring that pesky AV.

Fabela and Kiki congratulations on 2 weeks and 1 week! Fantastic!!

Casey -- chocolate ice cream was my go to - now it's time for me to lay off of that. Time to get healthy. but man, I love chocolate ice cream.

Samantha - have a great day 5!

Good luck today, Keets, you're in my prayers.

Have a fantastically sober day, March Class!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Oh gosh, so sorry. Thinking of you today Keets.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Bobbieka, I don't deserve congratulations yet, I haven't had 14 sober days until tomorrow. But thanks anyway.

I'm not ready for the real world yet. I've been living in my own little bubble these past six months, and now that I'm trying to get back to work, even for just two hours a week, I feel like I'm failing. I used to work full time, now I can't handle 10%. I can't handle unexpected situations and I feel like a fraud. I'm sad and tired, but I can't run from it now, I can't drink. I don't like this.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I hope everything goes well today, Keets!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm just starting day 2. Feel tired and depressed. I take strength from everyone's post. I have to attend an agricultural talk in town this afternoon and I've got some major anxiety. I just want to crawl in a hole and hide from people.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Fabela, you can do it. It's time to get out of that bubble. You are such an awesome and inspirational person, it's not fair staying in a bubble. 1 step at a time. Don't worry about the end of the week or the end of the day. Just take that 1 step. Imagine we have you bubble wrapped today. Your class is with you!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Gardengirl, good job on day 2. It will be difficult, but you can do it. Just breathe.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 4 here. Still not feeling well. I am not sure if my not feeling well is still related to drinking last Friday or there is something else going on. Just feeling cranky and yucky. I am feeling overwhelmed with trying to balance work and trying to satisfy my husband. I like my work and am doing very well at it. I work but my husband is retired. He is generally unhappy and dissatisfied with things bc he has no social life, no friends and in his words no purpose. It's causing real issues. I have to travel a lot for work which leaves him home with our 3 dogs. He just waits for me to get home. It's like his life stops. We've had issues when I travel because I don't call him enough or take too long at dinner and don't call him. It's so annoying. Traveling is hard on me and work us hard, very demanding. I can't retire yet and feel a great deal of pressure since I am the main bread winner. I have suggested that my husband get a job or hobby but he gets angry with me. Sometimes I feel pressure to go out to dinner just so he can get out of the house. But then I end up drinking too much bc dinner drinks turn into more. I am also dealing with embarrassment over things I've done drinking. I find that I isolate myself. I feel bad when people don't reach out to me. On the other hand, the I don't have the energy to invest in relationships because I am consumed w work and my husband. Ugh! I feel overwhelmed
Old 03-29-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Rah - You are doing the right thing, getting sober. When you become a stronger "you" you will be better at handling the rest. You will find the correct words to reach your husband. You will know which people you actually want in your life. I know when I was drinking every day, I put off the wrong people and definitely attracted the wrong people into my life.

Things will fall into place the more sober days you get under your belt. Nothing has to be fixed today. Just take care of you. You are doing great!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
I drank
(((immri))) Are you ok? I'm sorry you drank. We have all been there. Did something specific trigger you?
Old 03-29-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hang in there Gardengirl. You can do it! Stay strong!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Fabela...you've got this!!! Don't listen to that negative voice! You are strong!!!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

(((Keets))) Praying that your surgery goes well today! Keep us posted. Thinking of you.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I'm glad I can check out these posts anytime I want. I hope everyone has a good day. Trying to push all my worries aside and just focus on one thing at a time. ive been caregiving for my mum who is end stage cancer, I've been doing it on my own for almost 2 years and I finally explained to my brother I need his help. So he's making the 10 hour drive down here and staying for a week. He knows I've struggled with drinking, but has no idea how badly I've been going downhill. I hope he can take a bit of a load off with my mum. It's too much to do alone now.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 17 here with a very late post. Can't believe I slept in until 10:30 this morning, but then again I did stay up until almost 2 so that's still just around 8-9 hours sleep total. I slept so solidly that even my neighbor's crazy loud kids didn't wake me up this morning.

Work tonight. Unfortunately. I need a job where I don't have to work. But I'm off the next two days after this, I guess I'll survive.

Speaking of work--hope your day is going well, Fabela. And you deserve congratulations from us for every single minute you continue to stay sober. Congrats on wrapping up week two today. You've got this. You are worth it!

Congrats on starting day 23 and on not having to sleep on the couch, PeacefulRain.

I would never spoil Better Call Saul or any other show, azure808. I remember I got so upset here last year when someone spoiled a Game of Thrones episode before before I'd had a chance to watch it after work. Hope you are doing well.

Emotional levels can definitely be way up and down and all around wacky in early sobrietySamantha14. From previous experience, they seem to mostly even out for me at somewhere around the 30 to 40 day mark.

So glad you've joined us, Joe1987. Congratulations on choosing a better way of life in recovery.

Sorry you decided to take that first drink, janeeb, but glad you're still committed to getting sober. Remember to take that pause and ask for help when those feelings do sneak up on you.

Just keep applying for those jobs and doing the next right thing, Kwhite. It'll all work out fine. You're doing great staying away from the pills.

Your ex has no control over your recovery, 1stepup. I know the meeting isn't until tomorrow but please let us know how it goes.

Congrats on wrapping up one week sober today, KiKi0615. Hope you do make that commitment to yourself and your recovery and make those two smaller meetings tomorrow and Thursday.

I was afraid of that when you went silent in here last night, immri. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on the right path. If you've got any booze left, I hope you've thrown it away. You're in my thoughts today...

Good luck dealing with that new copy machine, pams. I sometimes think they make those things overly complicated on purpose so that the techs can justify the existence of their jobs.

Your husband's working is not a ticket for you to drink, Ladybug2. That's just your addiction talking, not the real you. Stick close today. Don't take that first drink no matter what.

I like your idea of exercising just before your normal times of craving, JustQuit2016. Have your coping mechanisms and escape plans ready way ahead of time for when those tough times come. Put your recovery first and it'll all work out fine.

Echoing Ladybug's sentiments re: Keets. Best of luck today with your surgery. You're in my thoughts and prayers...

I eat reasonably healthy, Bobbieka, so ice cream isn't the norm for me. But I'm also listening to my body and mind this first month. As long as it's not booze that it's insisting on, I'm giving myself a little leeway with what I consume.

So happy you've joined the Class of March 2016, Gardengirl80. That's a good looking dog you've got there! Sorry to hear about your mother but kudos to you for asking your brother for help--I've been in that same situation and never did ask anyone else for help, instead tried using the bottle to cope. You're doing the right things right now, it sounds like.

That sounds like a really rough situation with your husband being overly dependent on you, rah555. Wish I had some great advice to give you but I have mostly lived alone for many years now. Just know we're here for you and that it's OK to focus on your own recovery for a while. Give your mind and a body a chance to heal for a month or so from the alcohol abuse before you focus on these other issues. The right decisions might come easier for you with a little sober time under your belt.

Would love to hear from anyone who hasn't checked in yet today. Remember that SR is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Come and ask for help and post once a minute if your addiction starts lying to you. And remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Thanks to each and every one of you for helping me to get my recovery started off on the right foot this morning.