Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 10

Old 03-15-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Oh tomorrows day 17. :-)
You are doing so well PHRD.

Interestingly, it was very first thing in the morning when I was reading KNB and OT posts about chips, and I can't say I was hungry, but I sure was tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I found my son watching Agario players on YouTube on the tv 4am. .....he sneaked the remote control to the TV out of my room when I was sleeping.....no, not happy. Don't like dishonesty and sneekiness. I didn't really fall back to sleep properly after that. So, I think it was down to tiredness.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I should've mentioned that I have to take the 2 remotes and the iPad and my laptop into my bedroom every night because he gets up and plays games and watches mindless rubbish on YouTube. Yes, I have passwords but that doesnt stop him sitting up for hours trying out different passwords trying to get in......which still means he's up in the dead of night for hours trying to get into them. He is addicted. Which is a worry. Because if he has an addictive brain like me then God knows what he may get hooked on when older. It's a worry.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey all. I feel like the red headed step child in this class! All doing so well! I am a mess. Happy for yall of course!

Really having problems here. Realized I have stuck with marriage because of fear of dying due to alcohol related accidents (becoming more severe and frequent ). And that no one would find me cuz I don't check in to work and family not close. Then my cats would eat me due to starvation. Funny /not funny but deepest weird fear.

Very upset with what's going on with my country. I feel I might as well be drinking than see what's going on here. Sorry to be so morose. Don't want to go back to where I was. Maybe continuing Netflix binge on OITNB in order.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sadie I hope things start looking up for you soon. I know it's hard not to get down on things but keep leaning on us and put hope and faith on those things which carry you through each day. I too am having hard times but having you guys around has helped so much to get me through.

And if all else fails in terms of your political climate down there (and I do really feel for you guys) you can always come live with me!
Old 03-15-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Naww Sadie you sound upset. I understand, I really do. I had a massive out of the blue cry today just thinking how life for EVERYBODY is so hard. Kids being interfered with and being abused. Rotten parents. People nasty to one another. Starving. Murder etc. The list goes on.

But I really like this quote of venuscat's (SR member)....."life breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places".

I'm having real problems and struggles too Sadie, as are many others, so you aren't alone hun.

Things will get better and brighter.

Big hugs to you!
Old 03-15-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Navigating airports today. I passed a lot of time in airports at the bar. I miss it but I will not go to the bar. See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Sadie, I've got to rush and pick my son up from school now, I'm a bit late as it is, but are you going to stay on here and be around a bit later. If not, there are always people logged into SR that want to talk and help.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And you are NOT the red headed child in class. Not at all.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Hey all. I feel like the red headed step child in this class! All doing so well! I am a mess. Happy for yall of course!

Really having problems here. Realized I have stuck with marriage because of fear of dying due to alcohol related accidents (becoming more severe and frequent ). And that no one would find me cuz I don't check in to work and family not close. Then my cats would eat me due to starvation. Funny /not funny but deepest weird fear.

Very upset with what's going on with my country. I feel I might as well be drinking than see what's going on here. Sorry to be so morose. Don't want to go back to where I was. Maybe continuing Netflix binge on OITNB in order.
I'm still at work, but when I get home I'll break this down into manageable problems and address them one by one.
Warning: I will be using f bombs and employing tuff luv.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sadie. We all struggle. Most of us daily to some degree. Not drinking is the best course of action. And I am the red headed step child of the class. That is my position and you cannot have it. And don't let the political ******** get you down.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Hang in there Sadie. We all struggle. Most of us daily to some degree. Not drinking is the best course of action. And I am the red headed step child of the class. That is my position and you cannot have it. And don't let the political ******** get you down.
That's right Sadie. Its true. He is a red badger, Ive seen his picture, he posted it yesterday. He is quite photogenic too by the way - nice looking creature. He might growl if you try and take the 'red haired' position off him.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Navigating airports today. I passed a lot of time in airports at the bar. I miss it but I will not go to the bar. See ya'll tomorrow.
Good for you. But lets get real here, they would hardly serve a badger alcohol anyway.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You guys
Old 03-15-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
You guys
What?!

Oh I see.....you don't think the pictures are really us.

Well, Im embarrassed to admit this but when I used to drink alcohol, I always had to pour it in my bowl so I could lap it up.....it was pretty demeaning you know.....no crystal glasses for me Im afraid!
Old 03-15-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Honey Badger don't care! Honey Badger don't give a ****. Watched that on YT when obsessed with dramatic chipmunk! Haha. Thanks guys for making me laugh! C3

Honey Badger looks like Tasmanian Devil, no?

Off to creepy anxiety sleep , OOTT need tuff love, go for it.

De.. I love Canada so very much! Knb love UK too. Sorry guys, going to be day 1 manana. Need to be bad ass honey badger tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Cake!!!!!
THE GOD OF CAKE!

Hyperbole and a Half: The God of Cake

"honey badger don't care"---love it!!! I have rarely laughed as hard as when I first saw that video.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just got in. I stopped off at my sister's house so that took longer than I thought.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Sadie, sorry for the late response.
1. Marriage. You're staying in the marriage because you're afraid of alcohol related accidents, and you don't want to be eaten by felines if you died alone. Not sure if you're serious about this, but here goes: if you stick with SR you'll be sober, thus eliminating drunken accidents. Only after you've been sober should you evaluate your marriage and whether you want to stay in it. Until then, you're acting out of fear, which is how people make serious mistakes.
2. Being eaten by cats: after you're sober, you can avoid drunken falls, so being eaten becomes a more remote possibility.
3. Politics (I assume that's what you're talking about): GET RID OF YOUR ******* TV, ESPECIALLY THE CABLE ***** It's all ******** and I believe that you're making yourself sick by paying attention to that crap. Just ******* throw out your TV. I got rid of TV three years ago, and even though I was barely functional due to drinking, I nevertheless felt mentally better after I pulled the plug. Especially the cable news ****, which is toxic and mentally damaging. You may be concerned about the state of the country, but you;re just making yourself sick worrying about it.
Also, your preoccupation with politics is a form of avoidance or procrastination. Your only job is to get sober and stay sober, not to worry about some high functioning socieopathical politician. By worrying about that sh!t, you're just avoiding your own problems, so don't do it.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-15-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Honey Badger don't care! Honey Badger don't give a ****. Watched that on YT when obsessed with dramatic chipmunk! Haha. Thanks guys for making me laugh! C3

Honey Badger looks like Tasmanian Devil, no?

Off to creepy anxiety sleep , OOTT need tuff love, go for it.

De.. I love Canada so very much! Knb love UK too. Sorry guys, going to be day 1 manana. Need to be bad ass honey badger tomorrow.
Honey badger don't care....never heard of it.

I wish somebody would send me a link.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:26 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

You can do it Sadie!! don't give up!
Oott is pretty spot on. Booze is a ****** filter to try and analyze your life through. It makes everything look crappy and grossly distorts feelings. He's right, your sobriety has to come first. No one can effectively deal with anything properly if they don't have a firm grasp on their sobriety.

Agree about tuning out the negative for now. Focus on the positive hun. I had to ditch my Facebook account because it was making me miserable. I also have been away from cable and satellite for about 3 years now. It will do you good.

Start small, look at the immediate things you can do to make positive changes. Baby steps. One thing at a time, one day at a time. The only big thing you need worry about is not drinking today (when you wake up)
We're here for you! Let's make tomorrow a great new day 1