Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 10

Old 03-17-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Expense yourself a steak instead! Food always kills my cravings.
Yes it does usually. But it didn't work for me yesterday...my next step is to exercise more as that really change my mind-set big time
Old 03-17-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Thanks Cute. will look later. I am online too much....neglecting my work.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
I ran 45 mins solid. Sweating like mad. I ran the AV out my system. Thanks for that tip OOTT. So good to exercise and listening to music.
Brilliant move!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I am really glad that I never formed the habit of "observing" St. Patrick's Day.

Speaking of a life that is as boring as breadsticks, listen to my morning schedule: dentist then gym then laundry. Weird as it sounds, I like it!

Thanks all for the messages. We can make it through Thursday!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I got up early and ran three miles this morning. I NEVER run in the morning since I wasn't a morning person, what with the crazy drinking and all.

If anyone has a Fitbit and wants to be friendsters, let me know.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Cococo, the first time I went to a meeting, I just sat in the back. At one of them, I was greeted by a member, but some others I wasn't. I just sat in the back and listened. I attended a couple times before I participated and that's ok. At the meeting I attend now, many people leave after the speaker is done. If you get pressured to stay and feel uncomfortable, try another meeting. Hope you find one you like :-)
Old 03-17-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Phew, day 18. And the holiday where Guinness and green beer typically flow.

Garden gal hasn't posted in March for about a week. GG if you're reading, check in!

Sleep deprivation is a form of torture.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Good morning wonderdoodles
There is a bottle of whiskey in the shop that is screaming to be dumped out...
Old 03-17-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Anyone heard from spadge?
Old 03-17-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Day 32, or is it 33? I dunno. I'm counting the days less and it's going to be weeks likely for me.
Odaat
Old 03-17-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Congrats applekat and del. Nice work.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,
Day 18 for me. Just like always, I am not having too many troubles, but I have now learned from my past that I always END UP getting myself back INTO trouble. I am definitely NOT on a pink cloud, I just think my form of alcoholism is more of the binge-type, which can be very, very tricky in many ways. What I have learned however, is that I can never, ever again pick up that FIRST drink. If I had not done that when I first started here in earnest, I'd be 4 years sober now. So for me I am always going to have to be on the ball and never let my guard down. It is just very tricky because when I don't drink I don't crave. But of course, that never lasts too long, and I get that ridiculous notion that I can drink normally again. I don't want to drink "normally" again. I can't, first of all. I won't second of all. This I have learned.....

I officially started my one week vacation today. I have read many people mention St. Patrick's Day and I am glad that I stopped celebrating that holiday years ago. Oh the St. Patrick's day binges and hangovers. Awful.

For what it is worth, I have definitely noticed a lot of changes in 18 days, especially all of the days from about 11 on, or a week ago. I am sleeping better, I'm more calm, my mind is not racing, and I'm not counting the hours. For me the first week is make or break. A week is a LONG time in early sobriety.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday if you do celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I am with Jobei, good food always helps me not to drink. I am one of those drinkers who can't eat and drink at the same time. Right when I eat my desire for alcohol goes away. So for now I am making healthy choices and if I want a cheat food, I let myself have it. But I have lost 20 pounds in the past 3 months from dedicated good-eating, and I do not want to gain it back because I definitely feel better from the weight loss. 20 pounds is a lot of extra weight to carry around and I have quite a bit more. I have been exercising a lot but I think I finally am ready to safely kick it up a notch.

Have a great sober day to you all!
Lee
Old 03-17-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Yay leezer! Good for you.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Good deal lee !
Old 03-17-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
Hey everyone,
Day 18 for me. Just like always, I am not having too many troubles, but I have now learned from my past that I always END UP getting myself back INTO trouble. I am definitely NOT on a pink cloud, I just think my form of alcoholism is more of the binge-type, which can be very, very tricky in many ways. What I have learned however, is that I can never, ever again pick up that FIRST drink. If I had not done that when I first started here in earnest, I'd be 4 years sober now. So for me I am always going to have to be on the ball and never let my guard down. It is just very tricky because when I don't drink I don't crave. But of course, that never lasts too long, and I get that ridiculous notion that I can drink normally again. I don't want to drink "normally" again. I can't, first of all. I won't second of all. This I have learned.....

I officially started my one week vacation today. I have read many people mention St. Patrick's Day and I am glad that I stopped celebrating that holiday years ago. Oh the St. Patrick's day binges and hangovers. Awful.

For what it is worth, I have definitely noticed a lot of changes in 18 days, especially all of the days from about 11 on, or a week ago. I am sleeping better, I'm more calm, my mind is not racing, and I'm not counting the hours. For me the first week is make or break. A week is a LONG time in early sobriety.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday if you do celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I am with Jobei, good food always helps me not to drink. I am one of those drinkers who can't eat and drink at the same time. Right when I eat my desire for alcohol goes away. So for now I am making healthy choices and if I want a cheat food, I let myself have it. But I have lost 20 pounds in the past 3 months from dedicated good-eating, and I do not want to gain it back because I definitely feel better from the weight loss. 20 pounds is a lot of extra weight to carry around and I have quite a bit more. I have been exercising a lot but I think I finally am ready to safely kick it up a notch.

Have a great sober day to you all!
Lee

Great stuff Lee keep it up!!

Much of what you wrote applies to me as well. I'm out of work sick again today, extremely frustrating but I'm sober!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Good morning wonderdoodles
There is a bottle of whiskey in the shop that is screaming to be dumped out...
Answer that scream! Dump it out!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Feeling much better today the ctavings has calmed down and am refocused today. Almost on my way on holiday. Going to have a nice stress relieving time at the coast. Last camping trip for the summer before winter sets in this side.
Well done to everyone reaching milestones and staying strong. We just need to get use to our new sober life
Old 03-17-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
But I have lost 20 pounds in the past 3 months from dedicated good-eating, and I do not want to gain it back because I definitely feel better from the weight loss.
Good news! I like the feeling that comes from a good diet. I am lucky to have trainers watching me with a microscope, which keeps me on track.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Day 7! Excited about that and cranky about everything else will catch up later!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I just looked at my calendar and realized that, not only is this my first St. Patrick's Day sober, but 30 days sober for me.