Notices

One Year & Over Part 36

Old 04-06-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better as well toots.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats to Sassy on 20 months sober today

Have a great Thursday, overs!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday, Overs!

FBL, for awhile I never thought I'd make it this far. If I hadn't stopped, I firmly believe I wouldn't be alive today. I am so delighted 😇
Old 04-07-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

way to go drake!

and vee, i always had the hots for salma!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Happy Thursday, Overs!

FBL, for awhile I never thought I'd make it this far. If I hadn't stopped, I firmly believe I wouldn't be alive today. I am so delighted 😇
Amen to that Sas! Congrats on 20!

Old 04-07-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Sass

D
Old 04-07-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Saskia
Old 04-07-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Just a little pop-in as not posted in days!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

So many congratulations in order....Dee, Drake and Saskia you guys all in your own way make this group what it is: diverse, funny and intelligent. So glad to be on this journey with you. Dee especially, your presence here is grounding. Thank you.

It seems that my lesson for now is patience. I continue to feel antsy, but I need to remember that it is going to all be okay, and to just relax. At the end of the day what I feel right now is so vitally important, isn't.

I was babysitting my roommate's 16 month old last night when I hit the wrong button on the alarm and set it off, it went off for over five minutes, miraculously did not wake the baby but was so stressful! I randomly found the code in a drawer thank goodness. Eye opening though: the alarm was screaming for over five minutes with very close neighbours all around us, nobody came to see what was happening. Around 11:30, not even that late. Goes to show how desensitized urban folk are to alarms, etc. Not a great feeling though knowing we would basically be on our own if anything did happen.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day on the Best Coast. I plan to spend it outside as much as possible.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dinner is on nearly done
Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs

A belated congratulations to Dee and Drake, 9 years and 3 years. I like those numbers, they're what I call the fat numbers!

And sassy 20 months, yay girl

Toots hope you're feeling better soon! I like the impish passing of colds...well it's usually those at work who gives us it!lol

Drake, takeover is at work hopefully new company buying us. Otherwise steelworks will fade away.

I've still got a lot of catching up to do. Not quite myself yet and I got some bad news today, my step mum had a heart attack, she is in hospital but the doctor doesn't want me to visit if I'm not well, In case I pass anything on to the patients, which I can understand but frustrated! Ive had another virus but think it is now rhinitis, though I'm on antibiotics.grrrrr

Take care overs
Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry Mags x
Old 04-07-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Wolfie and hi.x
Old 04-07-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

On the death of Merle Haggard,
I was on a business trip in Bakersfield Ca. Back in the late 70's, and after work decided to take in a movie, can't remember what it was, but after it was over decided to head back to the Rode House Inn on California Avenue to my room for the night. Before I retired I thought a cold one at the hotel bar would be nice so I went into the bar and pulled up a stool at the bar. (This was when I was still in control of my drinking). There was a band playing behind me and as I sat there I began to take notice of the sweet music. These guys were good so I turned around was floored when I saw Merle Haggard sitting not 20' away singing and picking, backed up by his full band. The bartender told me that they were "practicing". Needless to say I asked for another cold one and took a seat at a table even closer. It was an enchanting moment when he recognized that I recognized him and with a twinkle and wink in his eye he told me he was playing for me in this almost empty bar. Rest in peace Merle Haggard. Rest in peace
Old 04-07-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 04-07-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Magsie

What an experience Eternal!

Night Wolfie
Old 04-07-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags, sorry to hear about your step mum. Hope she has a quick recovery.

Great story, Eternal!
Old 04-07-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Sorry about your step-mum, Mags. And also tough that you can't visit. (((Hugs)))
Old 04-07-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Carlos,
My A1C was at the upper edge of normal and nowhere near the diabetic range so my mint addiction is not hurting any. Doc said to stop eating so much candy as I also weighed 12 pounds more than last year. I can feel it too. Oh well, there goes my blaming my clothes for shrinking on me and thinking they just don't make them like they used to. The rest is perfect especially for my age. BP is still 120/70, Cholesterols good.

FBL,
Yeah, it is getting so I hear it here first, Merle, one of the best.

Hi Wolf!

Bliss,
You're welcome! You are the first Brazilian I've met here. Of course like us in Louisiana with Mardi Gras, you guys have Carnival and a lot of folks getting into the over drinking habits too. Good to have ya kiddo!

Venus kitten,
Yep we saw the skit on the Late Late Show with James Cordon nightly here from 11:30 PM to 12:30 AM and we rarely miss it. Did you see the Prime Time Carpool Karaoke special with all the past highlights of them shown?

Sassy woman!
I hear ya. I doubt I'd be alive either I was so sick and hurting at the end of my drinking too.
So glad you gave us a chance to know and luv ya too!

Hey Zipper head!
Go here: Salma Hot - Bing images
I barely glanced at her pics for more than 20 minutes or so!

Hey FG!

IP,
That's why us both here being ex LEOs and having our arms handy makes for a more secure feeling. Don't be too surprised as civilians trend to run from danger. We run to it. If a cop was a neighbor you might not have seen him armed and watching until he was sure it was a false alarm. Isn't bear spray legal up there?

Hi Wolf how was dinner?

Mags,
Sorry about your stepmum! I hope you get well to be able to visit. I bet she'd love to see you too.

EN,
Great story, not all stars are that nice.

Goodnight Wolf!

I am running late, I have to mow now that it has dried up enough to mow. Yesterday we put a new awning on my 5th Wheel RV, replaced the toilet water valve that was leaking badly, redid all the weather stripping around the basement doors, and the refrigerator was only working on Propane not electric. I was sure we would need a new $200.00 circuit board but on inspection it had a mud dauber nest right on the circuiit board chips! and a connection was loose. Bingo it works great. That was just dumb luck as usually it is more. Tomorrow after I finish all the mowing and pressure washing the mowers that are caked with mud and grass, I am going to run out my gray water hose and flush all the anti freeze out of it. For summer use.
TTYL guys.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-37-a.html

D