Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 6

Old 03-17-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Just spruce up your black with some green accent piece Juno,I'm just wearing my regular clothes, there's some green leaves on the floral fitbit band I'm wearing so that'll hafta count,too many bad memories of St.Paddy's day,drinking from morning til night with my Irish coworker, I'm not Irish but I drank like I was,grrr,hi Grizz,hope we all have a great day😊
Old 03-17-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Overall a "meh" kind of day. I guess it's better than a bad one. I got lots done at work, so that is good! Watched Breaking Bad and New Girl with my daughter and trying to finish homework with my son. Looking forward to the weekend.

Winslow, I found a green sweater at the last minute. I didn't like my outfit today and my hair was kind of dirty so didn't feel great. Tomorrow is a new day - and I did get on the treadmill and take a shower and wash my hair

I saw pictures on Facebook of folks drinking and partying at bars. The funny part was I was a little confused why it was such a party night and then I remembered that's what people do on St. Patrick's Day. It's been a while since I did that - I have come to think of St. Paddy's day of a celebration of Irish music and heritage, but I used to party like that in my 20's. When I saw people my age partying like that today I was just like, "Really? That looks awful. " I'm going to feel a whole lot better than they are in the morning
Old 03-17-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi, winslow!
Haha, that's funny, juno! You're right- you are going to feel A Lot better than they are in the morning!!
I kind of had a yuck day too. I have just been so tired today. I had to work on a nightmare house today so that was frustrating. My kiddo and I got home this evening, and I decided I was not going to run today. Instead I made a lobster bisque (ok, it was from a bag)- comfort food, then put on my jammies and turned some basketball on. That'll do, pig, that'll do for today. I did find a green shirt to wear this morning that I haven't worn in years. I'm down 10 pounds now since quitting drinking!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey all, I'm going to try to shift my posting more toward the evening instead of the mornings. In the mornings i always have an idealistic, unrealistic view of the day - like hoping to get all these things done and be happy, etc. but in the evenings i have a more realistic view of the day!

I got through the week - it was a tough week and a tough day at work today, but I'm ready to put it behind me and move toward the weekend. I need it - very badly! I'm planning to get my taxes done this weekend so hopefully that will go quickly and not be too painful.

I hit Day 10 today and could sense my AV kind of revving up so I decided to pre-empt it and go get some pizza and cokes me for and the kids on the way home from work. Of course, on my way to the Dominoes Pizza I have to walk directly past a wine shop and I saw a sign that got me - it was for Naked Unoaked Chardonnay, which is one of my favorites and it made me stop in my tracks for a second - then I kept walking. Hard thing to see on a Friday after a long week, but I kept going.

I'm going to try to take it easy tonight but I might try to get an errand or two done if I have energy. For now, just take it easy...
Old 03-18-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, juno. I was dropping off movies right after work, and it's right by the liquor store I used to go to a lot. It was pretty busy at 5 o'clock on a friday. I thought about all the times I would automatically go in there at that time on a friday. I entertained the thought but knew I wasn't going to do it if that makes sense. I went and bought a kit to give myself a french manicure instead. I wanted something that would make me feel good without making me feel bad tomorrow. Yay us!!
Old 03-19-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday ladies, I'm so proud of you both! I hate that sometimes a sign or ad for alcohol triggers a craving, so weird how our brains work,Juno,how's your daughter doing? Is she over the break-up yet? Grizz,hope your French manicure went good,I always lose patience doing those,off to work, hope everyone has a nice Saturday
Old 03-19-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

French manicures are nice

Thanks for asking about my daughter, Winslow. She's hanging in there - still affected by the breakup. We all know how long it can take to heal from a break up so I try to be understanding and not ask too much - just let her talk to me when she wants to. Right now we have to get her to finish high school and get back some self-esteem so we're looking into therapeutic boarding schools. I think it will be good for her if we find the right one....

It's a nasty day weather wise today. Cold and rainy, turning to snow overnight Hopefully no real accumulation. We all thought winter was gone - we were all wrong!! haha, we'll get through this to the other side.

I went to yoga today and am trying to do bills. Maybe grocery store, drug store and pet food shopping later. I lead an exciting life Probably won't be able to start taxes until tomorrow...
Old 03-19-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Winslow, I got the ones that are press-on. That seems easy enough. I saw ones with glue and I was like oh no, no way. I don't have the patience for that. I haven't put them on yet because I knew I would be re-potting plants today. I have this really cool plant this guy gave me, and he told me it was practically impossible to kill it. Well, it's almost dead. Today was Operation Save Steve (the plant's name is Steve).
Juno, my day has been about like yours. Housework, yard work, phones calls to get stuff for the new house in order. It does feel good to be getting so much done. Maybe, just maybe my kiddo and I will see Eddie the Eagle tonight...
I hope you ladies have a great weekend!!
Old 03-20-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi guys - just checking in mid-day on a Sunday. I'm off to a yoga workshop soon and I spent the morning on my taxes. I was successful in getting them done - now I have to file tonight. Just small refunds, so that's cool - I don't owe any $. Success!

I'm feeling pretty optimistic - on Day 12, but the only day that matters to me is when I hit 30. That is a milestone, then I will set another milestone

It occurred to me that I need to stay completely away from alcohol just so I can be on an even playing field with everyone else. If I drink, I'm at a disadvantage to everyone else because I don't function well the next day (whereas others seem to function fine after drinking the night before). So just to give myself a fighting chance in life, I need to not drink. Another way to look at it that makes sense in my situation.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday peeps,Juno,good job on getting your taxes done,I drag them out cuz I'm self employed and always have to pay,loved when the kids were small we'd get like $5,000 back!! I loved what you said about being on an even keel,I feel like alcohol makes me a weak person who has to depend on others and not myself,I'm still recovering from my 3 day bender financially wise,day 10 for me again,Grizz,hope your day is going good,later gaters😊
Old 03-20-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting back to Day 10, Winslow - the days will just keep adding up!

I agree, nothing takes away my power more than alcohol. Hard to believe a drink could do that, but it does weaken me so much and gets me into holes that I have to crawl my way out of. No more of that - we're moving forward!

p.s. Yoga workshop was great!
Old 03-20-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congrats, Winslow!!
Juno, really good point. Alcohol puts me at such a disadvantage too. I do not bounce back like other people do after a night of drinking. I get two to three day hangovers. I'm at almost six months, and I'm still trying to recover from my last drink! My shaky hands have come back, brain fog, lethargy, a little unstable emotionally. I do not feel real well lately. It's wearing on me, but I know the worst thing I could do is drink for a temporary fix then have to start the process all over again. Ugh, I do not want to do that!! I hope my post isn't discouraging. It's how I've felt for a little while, and I've been keeping it to myself, but I think I needed to get that out. I'm hanging tough!! Thanks for listening : )
Old 03-21-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey all,Grizzly,I think your post was great and in a way that's how I was feeling about 2 weeks before my relapse, just kept wondering when I was gonna feel better,I should have posted about it but I figured it was just allergies getting me down and would pass,on another forum I belong to someone posted a thread about candida overgrowth, she had nearly my exact symptoms, sinus probs,headaches, fatigue,brain fog etc,sorta like you're sober but still feel hungover, after 2 weeks on a sugar,dairy,wheat free diet she says she feels freakin amazing! I want to try it but I'm scared of giving up my beloved cheese,but I'd rather feel healthy sober than like poop 70% of the time ya know? Juno,hope your weekend was good,Monday here we come,take care all😊
Old 03-21-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey guys - Happy Monday :/

I'm off to work soon. I hope you feel better, Grizzly - you are doing amazing to be at 6 months. I only wish I can experience that someday! I'll check in more later - have to run. Winslow, hope you're feeling better as well. Have a great day.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you, Winslow and Juno : )
Old 03-21-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 1 tomorrow - March 22. Sorry guys
Old 03-21-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yep, start again tomorrow, juno!
I had a good day I guess, it was neither here nor there. Productive at work, ran while my kiddo swam, made dinner, called my dad. I still have to do dinner dishes and scoop litter boxes, and that's fine, I'm used to that. But what I really need to work on is getting this paper work together for the house, and it's like I'm resisting doing that. I'm overwhelmed with it so I'm shutting down when it comes to that. That's not getting anything done, so I need to hurry up and get over being overwhelmed and just do one thing at a time. I've told myself for several days now if I would just not run one day, I could knock the paper work out. But I have to run for my mental health. I also think I should be able to fit everything in everyday and do it well. Maybe I'm kind of hard on myself. The are only so many hours in the day so I'm going to have to prioritize...
Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

You're doing great , Grizzly. I'm feeling super unbalanced. At times Iike this I wish I never got divorced - I no longer have my rock, which was my strong ex. I'm sad because we broke up for stupid reasons, and now I'm here by myself trying to be strong. And I have a crazy alcohol problem on top of it. And a kid with autism who wears me down.

I feel like I'm balancing on a high cliff at times juggling about 12 different things. Any one of them can make me topple over and fall down hard.

I will try again tomorrow because there is no alternative to trying.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

My hair is dirty again... I don't know when I can wash it. I can't go to work with dirty hair. Life moves too fast and I wish it would slow down. I have to work again tomorrow. My kids have to go to school again. The morning will come soon. I wish I hadn't gotten a divorce. Regrets!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, guys. Today, I suck. The wine is long gone, but I feel sick now.