Notices

Class of February 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-14-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
I suffer from awful depressions, so I hear you. And it does work for a very short amount of time to numb me out, maybe 30 minutes. But I act like such an a****** when I inevitably keep drinking that I end up having even more to be depressed about; it lowers my self-esteem even further. I'm trying to believe what I've read and experienced in past sober stretches, which is that each time we say "no," we feel stronger and more confident and more able to handle the temptation next time.
^^^Every bit of this is so spot on.

StartingOver, exercise is really something I should incorporate into my new sober life. It used to do wonders for my mood as well. I'm glad it's helping you. Things definitely will get better and then we never ever have to experience alcohol related depression again unless we choose to do so!
Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Welcome FF!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Welp got a bug up my butt about an hour ago to go check out this aa meeting less than 10min from my house, which I'd seen in the schedule before but never been to.

I was shaky and didnt say much other than to introduce myself and say I had a day. The shares were good and I'm glad I went. Maybe I'll go back to that one next Sunday too.

Have a good night all (or day if you're far away someplace)
Old 02-14-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Way to go, startingoverNW!!! Awesome!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I'm still here and still sober. I've been away for the weekend celebrating my hubby's birthday. He drank, I did not.

Yesterday after we'd got home, I went to a meeting and found a new sponsor. I cannot tell you how relieved I am to be re-starting the steps with someone new. It has given me such a lift.

2 weeks sober today, and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I've got the week off work too so I can be more active on this thread. I feel so guilty for not having the time to participate fully and read everyone's posts.

Love to you all. Promise to be a better friend ❤️
Old 02-14-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Really not looking forward to the next few days.

Whatever happens I will not drink.

Hope everyone is OK.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:30 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hey everyone....got back from VD going out and dinner. Things went great...ordered iced tea at dinner, rode on ferris wheel in Seattle after dinner and got engaged. She said yes.. total cliche engagement, but that's okay. I don't have to be a hipster all the time.

Day 13 starts in half an hour.

Lots of people drinking tonight, some of them looked ridiculous. I am so grateful to be sober. None of this would have been possible without everyone here. We've never met, but I'm so happy about how things are going.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!
Old 02-15-2016, 01:30 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Outonthetiles- Congratulations
FF-Welcome
5upersonic- What's up? What's happening in the next few days to make you not look forward to them?

Lots of people on here are going strong. I really admire those who have had a drink and stopped again the very next day- that's a good attitude- not one I think I could adopt- I know I would go into defeated mode, so I just can't go there.

I made it through the weekend with the help of SR- posts about how it gets easier over time really helped. I have some hope that I can live a decent life, that I can be a decent parent and a participant in life- not a passenger getting pulled along by an bottle of alcohol.

I have plans for the next few evenings and that REALLY helps me- yoga and choir. What do others have planned for the week?
Old 02-15-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats outonthetiles

whats coming up 5upersonic?

D
Old 02-15-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Lots of great posts to catch up on today.

Had a busy weekend but a sober one yay. Friday my friend texed me asking if I was going out with them to the Rugby (in pub). For a split second it felt like every cell in my body wanted me to say yes. It reminded me how easy it is to slip up. I had my friend staying so had a good excuse.

I isolated for the first 2 weeks but when real life breaks in to my sober bubble I have realised how much a plan is essential.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

I know this likely isn't the right place to ask, but what may be the reasons I can't start a new thread? I keep getting a server parsing error, but I see that others are starting new threads.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Great sober weekend so far and no work to day courtesy of Presidents Day.

Hope everybody has a good day.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Welcome FF and any other new people I may have missed. Good to wake up without a hangover. Today will be another stressful day at work. I am really working on not letting the stress eat me up. I need to make a plan on how to get home without buying alcohol on days when I can't go to a meeting right after work. Today is one of those. I'll be checking in when I get home to let you know if I made it home without any booze. That helps a lot on its own. I think having a late afternoon snack will help, too. If I'm hungry and thirsty when I get in the car to come home, the craving is worse. See you all tonight!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Morning everyone day 14 for me

Welcome FacingFuture!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.
Day 16 .. 2 weekends in a row.
What a nice feeling to wake up this morning without that feeling of regret!
Old 02-15-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm grateful I managed to get to sleep last night even if I did wake up feeling kind of sad, depressed, and drenched in sweat this morning. At least having a purring cat in my face a couple minutes later helped, and the coffee this morning is helping too.

Congratulations everyone on waking up sober
Old 02-15-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 12.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Reset my sobriety date today...I was part of the January class but I had a setback over the weekend so now I'm part of the February class...
Old 02-15-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Setbacks suck, but welcome back amazingjoy and welcome to the class!