Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-23-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

That sounds great Leigh. We will be having one house guest arriving Tuesday. My wife's father is flying out here to stay with us for the week. Should be a hoot. Just in time for Halloween.

Anyways, anyone hear or concerned about this monster hurricane hitting Mexico right now? Supposedly the biggest recorded EVER. They say it's off the scale. Past a hurricane five with 200 mph winds. Texas is right there. Any worries Conquest?
Old 10-23-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

I just heard about it this afternoon. Absolutely terrifying. I cannot imagine.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been posting very well. I'm not sure how to describe how I've been feeling, confused I guess. Kinda angry and frustrated for no reason. Trying to just keep things in a straight line.

Arbor I was happy to find one last random bag of hojicha in the tea cabinet tonight. I didn't know Choice made hojicha. Very cool, I like their other teas. I'll have to google Bancha, don't know what it means...

Dinner for me was a giant pile of sautéed veggies and a salmon burger. A chunk of dark chocolate for dessert. I haven't gotten my steps today, only at about 9k right now because I didn't get my lunch walk and my daughter was too cranky to take out this evening. My husband won't be home until after dark, and my walking buddy is busy tonight. I don't walk alone at night for safety reasons, so I can't go and am kinda bummed out about that. I've been thinking about getting a treadmill. I don't really like them, but when it's dark early in the winter, it's hard to arrange my outdoor walking schedule around work and mom duty, and I don't like the gym, especially late at night, which is pretty much my only window. I'd rather work out at home. A healthy lifestyle can be tricky to manage sometimes.

Oh man, I have so much laundry to do this weekend! It's terrible.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

I read about that hurricane too. Definitely hoping for the best for the folks down there. So scary.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (77.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-23-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

That is hysterical, Briar.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hope you can get some Briar time tomorrow, Briar.

Maybe you can find some time to take a nice warm soothing aromatic bath tonight - watch that anger and frustration go down the drain.

Hugs, sweetheart.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I only heard about the storm this morning. Not much of a tv guy, but that thing is ugly! Maybe some flooding for Texas? We're to get some rain Sunday and Monday I hope.

I hope you'll be feeling great soon Briar.

And wow....six house guests Leigh, that's a house full for sure. I all about it though....fun times.

Y'all are keeping late hours.....especially you east coasters. Night folks.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Yes, we'll get quite a bit of rain in southeast Texas. It hasn't started up here yet. We're expected to get 5-8 inches of rain tomorrow and then it'll stay rainy for a couple of days after. The guys are planning to come home early tomorrow afternoon to avoid the storms. My heart just breaks for those experiencing the ugliest parts of it, so very scary.

And thanks, Arbor! It feels great to be back routinely.

Someone on the weekenders thread made a comment that is really sticking with me. It was something like... "I can have a really great life. Or I can drink. But I can't do both." It was so simply stated, but has become a tremendously powerful thought in my mind.

Mark, I was just listening to a speaker discuss the power of laughter. He was sharing research on the positive effects of just hearing laughter. It engages both hemispheres of the brain, making you more alert, and encourages physical healing. Good stuff. Soak all those giggles up!

Briar you're doing great, girl! It may not feel fantastic right now, just wanted to remind you of your awesomeness. Rest up and keep doing your best.

Leigh... 7 loads of laundry?! You're an amazing machine.

Off to bed for me! Gnight folks.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Hmm...so much I want to say after reading all of that. ♥

Briar love, how far are you from Leigh? She did mention that she would do 70 loads of washing for people she cares about....
Wish I could come and help you ~ sorting and laundry are honestly my favourite things. I honestly don't know why anyone hates doing laundry...oooo...did someone just smack me?

"I can have a really great life. Or I can drink. But I can't do both."

That really states it simply huh? I like that. Thank you Conquest.
And of course you can share my song, it's for all of us, and I am not aware of any movie linked to it...I will check...no, no movie. Just a great video I guess. She's English by the way. What a voice!!

I heard about the Hurricane on my way to work this morning.
Thank God it has been categorised down to a 3.
Winds of over 200 miles per hour....strongest storm recorded in history?
Man....praying for everyone in its path.

I can't remember what else I read now; I'm tired. I managed to do all of my work, but it took almost 4 hours. What a workout.

That's lovely that you are enjoying the kids' fun Mark...there is nothing better than children's laughter.

Arbor, phoebes, BD, Dee.... (((hugs)))

I can't remember what else I was going to say.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

LOL...as you can plainly see, I got interrupted before I could edit that. Too funny.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

And I'm awake at 3 a.m.
Didn't I just say how awesome it is to sleep through the night? Lol

V, I'm happy to hear you made it through work okay. I hope you're getting some down time now.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Downtime...yes indeed. Soon to be bedtime.
And how many people could get sunburnt in 62F do you think?

I hope you get back to sleep love. ♥
Old 10-24-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Sunscreen is your friend Venus. Off to a craft fair an hour away-setup starts at 7 but that's not happening. Have a great day all.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Saturday.

Our guests leave this afternoon to enjoy Destin a few days and then back here midweek I think.

Off to the gym and looking forward to all of it but the squats. Still hurting from the others. I think they're first in the line up (where did I put my list?) so I can quickly get 'em done.

Good luck with the craft fair BD and wishing each of you the best day.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Oh, I was just reminded of a terrific craft fair in town. Thanks for that, BD! I hope I can work it into my day.

Conquest, I was up in the 3s as well. I should have come here to commiserate. Hubby came home, had several beers and was snoring terribly. I kicked, shoved, jumped on the bed, got up noisily, and could not get him to turn over. I was even wearing earplugs! Ugh.

I just dropped The girl at something called Miracle Field, where they have a mini recreation of a very famous local baseball field. They have games for kids with disabilities, and buddies to assist them in play. This is the first time she does this, but it looks wonderful. I think I just found a volunteer gig I would love to be involved with regularly. Cold day, but they play abbreviated games. I left dd so she can be independent, but going to go back to watch on a few minutes, since it's only a bit over an hour, I think.

Busy weekend. Son has soccer, dd and hubby have a church dinner tonight, I have church with son tomorrow and daughter has a double header soccer game. Think I will miss son's soccer due to this activity right now. It's tight, but might catch some.

But, I would like to get to that craft fair. A friend had these amazing cashmere mittens lined with fleece. She said the crafter will be at this one today. Uses old sweaters she finds at thrift stores and makes the mittens. Pretty and super warm. Vince gift for daughter and maybe older nieces.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

BD, how far do you travel for craft fairs? I may be able to come see your soaps someday!

That fair is actually tomorrow, and I would have to miss some soccer to do it. I think daughter will be okay about that. It is all local, so, I can do some of both, I think.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...6861-1976.jpeg

My sister just sent this to me. See....I was young once.....in 1976. I am the stern kid with arms crossed. Got to love the 70's.

I can't figure out how to post pictures very well now. Had to put link to one of my SR albums....there must be a better way.

Hope Saturday is progressing well.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Nice picture, Mark; good looking, happy family (even with your arms crossed).
Old 10-24-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Sunscreen is your friend Venus. Off to a craft fair an hour away-setup starts at 7 but that's not happening. Have a great day all.
Hope it goes well, BD. I love craft fairs.