Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 20

Old 10-20-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers. Just checking-in.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Mark, I do M-W-F at the gym and extra walks when I can get them in. On the gym days, I do full body also. You'll get used to it the new routine- perhaps you can get some runs in on the off days.

Venus, I started watching some of the new ones. I am enjoying Blood and Oil, Quantico, The Grinder, Blindspot, Rosewood, Code Black, Grandfathered, and Limitless. Old ones Scandal, Nashville, Empire, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, The Good Wife, How to Get Away With Murder, Elementary, Suits, Rizzoli and Isles, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Scorpion, Law and Order SVU, Castle and Fargo. These are on my DVR and NO I am not anywhere near caught up. I used to watch Grey's but not lately.

I will never think I watch too much TV again...that's an epic list BD.
And thank you. I watch some of those, and I only work part-time....no idea how you are ever going to find time to get up to date.

Hello darling Leigh ~ hope your guests aren't driving you crazy.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Our guests are delightful; haven't seen them in years so their visit is a real treat.

Miss you guys, though.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Oh good...I'm glad you are having a nice time Leigh.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Glad you are having some fun with your guests , Leigh. I know you have had struggles, so I hope it is not a big strain, physically. Nice to have good company!

This 21 day fix has a week of workouts, plus a few targeted extras. I am surprised that I feel stronger already after just a few times with each 30 minute workout. My arms are sore today, from the workout yesterday. It is an off week, so I skipped today. But my legs are better too. Knees not so achy and I Plopped down on the floor with the puppy today and felt much more flexible. Not much for you die hards, lol, but I have issues with arthritis and inflammation, and this is helpful stuff, just a few weeks in. Also noticed the videos are easier to complete each time. I use modifications, but have stepped it up each time.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Phoebe! Feeling good feels great, right? Keep at it girl!

And I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your company, Leigh. We miss you too and can't wait to hear all about it. In the meantime, soak up all those good times together.

Tonight, I'm on the hunt for a good book. Any suggestions? I'm a big fan of biographies/memoirs and realistic fiction, no thrillers/murder mysteries....
Old 10-20-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

One of the physical rewards of abstinence I've noticed, especially over the last 4 or 5 months, is the absence of burning and stiffness in my finger joints. It used to be pretty bad in the mornings It's really nice to rid myself of that inflammation.

I'm glad your workouts are going well phoebe. I certainly have to modify things for my shoulder and back problems, but still manage to get the job done. I just reading over the new full body thing to get it I my mind before tomorrow morning. This is a late night for me!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I'm not too well read on things that don't relate to work. I thought William Randolph Hearst's biography was interesting though....maybe because I really enjoy visiting his place at San Simeon.

I enjoy (most) house guests too Leigh. Glad you're having fun.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Lol, Conquest, I like murder mysteries and legal thrillers. No help here.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Me neither, sorry. I'm a crime fiction girl.

But plug in your preferences here and I bet you will find something you like; this is an awesome site Conquest.

http://www.goodreads.com/
Old 10-21-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

I'm with Phoebe and Venus, love a good thriller. I enjoy other novels as well. Conquest, Jodi Picoult is one of my very favorite authors. Her books stay with you for a very long time. I second Goodreads and if you use a Kindle, Bookgorilla gives recommendations based on your preferences. At the moment I am reading "To Kill A Mockingbird", which I am enjoying very much. Believe it or not, I neither read it before or saw the movie.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Ooh! Thanks for the suggestions. I can't wait to check them out tonight.

Work it out, Mark!

Dare I say? I'm feeling better this morning. Thank goodness! Looking forward to joining in the workout adventures again. I've got this new plan downloaded that I would like to restart, the Bikini Body Guide. It's basically body weight exercises with some cardio thrown in a couple days a week.

Speaking of running... Ack! Off to work.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I never read To Kill A Mockingbird, either. Daughter did last year in school and loved it. I should borrow hers.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Glad to see you are feeling better Conquest!

Single parenting this week. Busy. But, sleeping pretty well with the bed to myself!
Old 10-21-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I've never read the classic 'To Kill A Mockingbird' either, or seen the movie. Makes me remember that when we were on the Staten Island Ferry, some guy struck up a conversation with me and soon thereafter asked where I was from. He said he'd never been to the south but was familiar with it because he'd seen Forrest Gump.

Odd day off today, but nice. Been thinking of the team and sending good vibes to everyone!
Old 10-21-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Guess what? I've actually read To Kill a Mockingbird! Believe that was in the 7th grade. Out of the many, many books we were forced to read as kids I think this one was one of the few I actually liked and understood. Never saw the movie though.

A good day over here. Body sore and tired, but happy. Time to shower up and make dinner.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

How were those slow-cooked ribs Arbor? Wouldn't mind trying that if it was thumbs up.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Oh ~ please, all of you who haven't seen it, watch To Kill A Mockingbird. My gosh, what a classic movie....so empowering.

Glad you are starting to feel better Conquest. That's good news.

Where is our darling Briar?

Love and huge hugs. ♥
Old 10-21-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi, Octsobers.

To Kill A Mockingbird is a great book; I've read it twice - once in school and once for pleasure.

Conquest, glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Love to all.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Yes, I loved the book as well...but it's one of those rare movies that is pretty true to the book, and just as much a masterpiece as the written text. Plus my mum LOVED Gregory Peck. Awesome memories for me....I actually have it here to watch again...wish we could have a movie night.