Notices

Class of May 2015 Part 8

Old 11-18-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

That's awesome BF! Congrats. Sounds like you're really happy about it.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds really great BlueFairy - congratulations

D
Old 11-21-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well, it's official now I start after Thanksgiving! This is so great--I'll have some dignity back. The store's future is still at stake, we go up for auction Jan 8th but I'm sure we'll either stay Haggen or revert back to Albertsons. We're their 2nd most profitable store so if they want to stay in business and bid on stores I bet they'll bid on us. Their investors are also going to bid and that way we'd end up Haggen as well. If we do end up as Albertsons again--that'd be fine too, the idea of transitioning again sounds like a pain in the rear but our union is very active in this. I had a brief thought that now that all is improving much I could drink again but pocketed that away very quickly. I'm done with that. Life is better.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Congrats to all of you from this class who are still sober! I haven't been on for months and I'm sorry to see that Casey hasn't posted in a long time. I'm trying to get myself together for a January refresh. Everything is ok right now. No drama etc., but ready for a fresh start for the new year.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Allie

I hope you decide to stop before January - I really do...
a lot of stuff (potentially bad stuff) could happen between now and then...

D
Old 11-25-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy thanksgiving to all yall
Old 11-25-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Safe journeys to all those travelling for Thanksgiving.

D
Old 11-25-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks sober wolf and Dee!

Allie, glad to hear from you! I also hope you decide to stop before January. There's no time like the present!
Old 11-25-2015, 10:36 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Don't want to set myself up for failure which I know will happen if I try during the holidays.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were here Alliekat itl be alright
Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

6 months + 1 day, still going strong. I quit May 31 and every month that only has 30 days I feel like I'm cheating the clock by a day .

I still don't post very much and I really should work on that but I do read almost everyday.

Looking back to May and I can see I've come a very long way but have a very long way yet to go, I've had many challenges but nothing drinking is going to solve.

Looking forward to a sober Christmas!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congrats Hypernova!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Hypernova

D
Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey--just popping in quick to say I'm still sober, it's just been crazy training for a new job and still working in my old one. My store will be up for auction in February but all the remaining stores are being sold as a block which is good because it looks like whoever buys us will keep us going under the current banner--hopefully. I love my new job! It's going to be a lot more than I thought because it's no longer a part of produce so I will be doing Everything and have no manager to rely on. I do have my friend who used to do it though who will help me I'm sure with what to order and how much --that sort of thing. I'm still seeing a counselor which is nice--I don't know if I'll continue beyond the first of the year when I have a dedectible again. I've gone to 4-5 aa meetings which are fine but I still don't have much interest in the 12 steps. I have been more interested in the higher power thing although I am still a big atheist (I have my people I look up to), and I'm trying to do more things to help others even though I'm not in a volunteer position anywhere. So those are things that are good. I'm hanging in there with my relationship with my daughter and hope that my sobriety has a good effect on her (leading by example)--I think my patience will pay off in the long run. It's hard to believe I'm 7 months sober now-- it seems like such a long time...anyway be strong through the holiday season--it's going to be a little hard for me and I know it's really hard for a lot of people.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Had a drinking dream last night- been a while since I had one of those! I always feel so angry and disappointed in them. They're a nice reminder!

7 months tomorrow. Times flies!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Site congrats on 7 months!

Well, things are ok here, I'm wondering if taking on a new job right now was the best decision at this point--I am so exhausted. I know it was the right decision and one that doesn't come up often but I'm frustrated because there's so much I don't know. I'm having to bug my friend a lot while she's working about stuff in the job I just don't know about, and it's very physical... it's a lot even after 7 months recovery! Been going to a lot of aa meetings in the last couple weeks, my psychologist thinks it's a good idea to go daily since it's the holidays and she's on vacation the next few weeks. Went to one that was humbling last night--was feeling overwhelmed from work and a little emotional after my Dad was in surgery this week to remove a kidney that was cancerous. It was at a recovery center and most of the women were in resident treatment there. I didn't know this before I went (in-treatment was what the I code was for btw) and felt my pitiful small problems subside as I listened these women who were trying to get themselves together for their kids sake. I did offer a share and told them how lucky they were to have the facility and that maybe I wouldn't have become an alcoholic if I'd received proper treatment for my meth addiction when I quit 27 years ago because I was pregnant. I feel like I am finally only now really understanding my addiction and am actually moving into the next stage of living life without a chemical addiction. It's one thing to be forced to quit and live life dry--you never really learn the skills you need to cope with life , thus avoiding the next addiction. When my kids were grown I guess I felt I did my duty and fell back in my old ways--not meth but alcohol.
Anyway-- I like the meetings, nobody pushes the higher power thing and I actually went to a new aa agnostic meeting that I liked the best so far. Hope everyone is hanging in there through the holidays!
Old 12-25-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Well done everyone on reaching milestones etc.

As of New Years I'll be on 5 months. Alcohols not really a problem at all - partly because I'm always so busy I don't even get time to think about it - and by now, I'm just so used to being without alcohol, even on nights out.

Not to say that things are all cool, mind.

Pushing myself pretty hard, both at work with my teaching - and every day I train hard at Muay Thai, which is taking its toll, on both my mind and body. Though my fitness levels and outward appearance has improved dramatically in the two months I've been doing Muay Thai so far.

Though been feeling depressed, lonely, not able to relate to people etc. Sometimes think it'd feel a bit better if I just cried for a bit. But the tears won't come.

Not reyt sure what else to say, really. Christmas has been really good this year - though I teach in a rural school in one of the most strongly Buddhist countries in the world, my school put more effort into Christmas than most English schools, with classes cancelled for two full days, songs, games, dances, skits etc for the students, Santa Clauses throwing sweets around etc. Thai people love a party, which is essentially what Christmas is.

So yeah. Think I'm going to go off for a drive somewhere. Think that might help. Not really opened up to anyone here about how I'm feeling.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down! Hope the drive helped some. Driving and walking always help to clear my mind for a little bit. It may not be the most popular thread anymore but this is always a good place to talk things though.

Happy 2016 everyone! Hope you're all doing well!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

All is still good here. Just working and waiting for some time off! It's been a hard job but a really good challenge.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Still doing good here! Life has been busy, but I have a nice break at home coming up I'm really looking forward to.

Hope everyone else is still doing okay!