Old 11-06-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you rufftime - congrats on 6 months

D
Old 11-06-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Nice to see everyone posting again!

Coming up on 6 months as well. Still crazy busy at work, it's going to be that way for the next 5 month though. Crazy to think when I'm done with this project I'll almost have one year sober!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

161 days, freedom from bondage.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the weekend guys

D
Old 11-08-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Glad to see people still going strong, and a load of people at the 6 months mark.

Going stronger now after the weekend - after Muay Thai on Friday night, headed to CR - and because of having passed the 90 day mark, and body adjusted a bit from no booze

(Or it could be the fact that the training's been hard on my body and thus cortisol levels have been upped again from where they dropped as a consequence of quitting drinking)

I felt pretty energised and up for a night out, as opposed to all those times over the past few months where I've got to CR, but been so drained I've had to go to bed, literally dead on my feet.

So went to the bars and then a club, kept going until 4am, didn't want to stop - and the only thing I had was a bit of the old gan-jah (weed). I've noticed that now I'm not drinking, weed has a better effect on me than it ever did before. Interesting. Partied it up, danced, laughed - and did the whole thing sober.

Definitely feels like I'm on the right track, still.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely feels like I'm on the right track, still.
I have to be honest AGAGONNHOJ.

I battled a pot addiction for a long time - it was in many respects harder to stop than my alcohol addiction because it seemed so harmless.

On behalf of others here who are still battling, I'd rather you didn't mention that stuff here.

You seem like a good guy and I've no doubt you didn't mean to be controversial.

You can do what you like in your life, no problem - but spare a thought for context here.

D
Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi! Wasn't CaseyW in this class? Last I read he was switching to the day shift at work. Anybody hear from him? And where'd ZaB go? I know he was working in his new craft beer venture but he's not posting either it doesn't look like.
Hope all is well with everyone. I wasn't a member of this class but like to follow monthly threads.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Seems both those guys are no longer posting, unfortunately.
They are missed.

D
Old 11-10-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Such a bummer!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thinking of them! Hope everyone we havent heard from is still sober and doing well.

In other news, it's past midnight where I am, which puts me at 6 months!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats site

D
Old 11-10-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Sup Class,

Thought this thread was dead...then there it was...

6 months clean as a whistle here too.

Had a tough couple of days at work and as I was leaving I thought...I am off tomorrow...time to get drunk...then I remembered...I don't drink.....I am going to hit the gym and wake up feeling great...and looking good.

Proud to be a sober man.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Nice job, D122y!

It's almost like muscle memory - I do the same thing. Day off tomorrow, time to drink! Whoops, I don't do that anymore... I'm sure with time that will go away. I don't even want to drink, it's just automatic. For all the years I trained myself that way I'm sure it will take a while to re-train my brain!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to you too D122y

D
Old 11-11-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Therepy time..

The lengthy anxiety issues i suffered arguably helped me to not drink.

If i would have not been educated by you all, I might have drank thinking...who cares I am a mess...

At this point, the main things that keep me clean is I know I am not physically addicted any more. My eyes are clear. My anxiety is way down. I love being such a sober man. Since i made the decision to never drink again my sense of strength is like nothing I've ever experienced.

I've surrendered to sobriety. I am out of the alcohol prison. But, I consider myself on parole for the rest of my life. No relapse. The consequences are potentially to dire. Who needs the trouble.

It gets better every day.

Alcohol is poison. Alcohol is a govt sanctioned toxin that leads to hundreds of health issues. The govt. Makes money cradle to grave. Don't believe the hype.

Amen.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say hello. Congrats to all who are still doing so well. Celebrating 2 kids birthdays this month, and gearing up for the holidays. My daughter says it doesn't "feel" like the holidays anymore. I thought it was only me that felt that way. Wish I knew how to make it "feel" right again.

Oh well, hope you all are doing well, and hope those who haven't checked in are ok as well.

Take care
Old 11-13-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

sag maybe it's just too early to feel like the holidays. Sometimes I don't feel it until part way through December! It doesn't help that I'm gone all the time for work, so decorations or a tree is kind of out of the question for me.

I do love this time of year though!
Old 11-14-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hey, Class-

6 months sober today; thought I would pop in. To anyone struggling, don't give up; it gets better.

I'm with you D122y- fully surrendered. This is it- I am sober, not just trying to be. It's my life now, and I'm not going back, only forward. Thanks to SR and Dee for all you do~
Old 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Dharma! Nice to hear from you, and a big congrats on 6 months!

Go team May!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey, just sitting here with no one to share with--so thought I'd post here. I got a new job! It's for the floral position at our store and it'll be days only which is huge for me and I won't have to wear a hat and a big meat cutters jacket anymore... I was passed over for a supervisor position in the butcher block where I work 6 months ago-- that's what prompted me to quit drinking. Turns out it was a good thing to do! I'm really excited, I'm not absolutely sure but when I called today to say I didn't mind not having 2 days off consecutively-(it's a job where you have to be there on order and load days and that's mon, wed., friday) and she asked me if I'd like to come in tomorrow to train...guess that's a good indication I got the job :-) This will be so much better for me than waiting for the next supervisor position to happen where I am--I'm just so tired of working nights and it's kind of humiliating being passed over and all even though I know they had their reasons. The last floral gal had been in the position for 20 some years and I never even thought it'd be a possibility but she just wants to work part time and is happy bagging groceries so she'll still be around and we're friends so I'm sure she'll help me if I need her. I'm still having trouble believing it's really true--doesn't help I was up with insomnia about it last night and up at 7 am today lol. I'll just stay busy today since I'm off I guess. Until I'm actually hired I think I still will have doubts--it's just too good!