Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 6

Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Sadie , Yes I have replied to many Newcomers threads . I have reached out to many in here , since I joined in July . Was hoping to find a place to fit in besides that . Like my own little corner , here in Franks thread I thought I finally found that corner to share daily events . Looked forward to coming to read everyone's posts . Thanks for trying to help me , much appreciated
Old 09-14-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Sadie , Yes I have replied to many Newcomers threads . I have reached out to many in here , since I joined in July . Was hoping to find a place to fit in besides that . Like my own little corner , here in Franks thread I thought I finally found that corner to share daily events . Looked forward to coming to read everyone's posts . Thanks for trying to help me , much appreciated
Did you try July 2013 class... thats an awesome class, some of the most welcoming people in SR in that class, and frequent posters.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

WTH happened here? Did I start this? All I wanted was to know Frank better. I was trying to draw him into sharing something of a personal nature. Not anything that would in any way jeopardize his identity in real life, just "stuff." Like when I went into detail about my house mice problem. I thought that might spur other stories like that.

I wasn't passing judgment, I wanted more. I just like Frank enough to want more of him. Sorry, Frank but YOU did that to me. I find you very interesting, intelligent, clever, funny, and complex. But who can tell about the complex part cause you won't let anyone in.

Even when I ask you how you're mom's doing, you say, "Fine. Thanks for asking." I didn't mean for this to be a downward spiral and if I caused this I'm truly and deeply sorry.

Don't depart, Frank. We all want you here. We all get censored from time to time. Forums have rules and we sometimes cross the line. Big damn deal.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Yes Sadie , I checked it out SW mentioned it to me when I first joined . There they all have known each other already 2 years . I didn't find a place to fit , I didn't really know all their background of struggles . Was hard to keep up cause it is a large following ..
Old 09-14-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hmm, not really sure what's going on here - I suppose the deleted posts would explain that

Whatever it is you definitely fit in Nesty, you have no reason to feel insecure and nor does anyone else.

Frank I hope you come back. Your the Pilot, we can't fly without you
Old 09-14-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao Thanks Oh don't mind me just my normal hissy fit . Right I guess you can say Frank left the controls & the plane is on auto Pilot . We all will be flying around till we run out of fuel .
Frank" please" reconsider some different options .https://youtu.be/UAk9gpeGNes
Old 09-14-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Haha, who cares how old frank is, his name is not even frank
Old 09-14-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I hope you come back though Frank, but I get why if you don't. Things got a bit ludicrous
Old 09-14-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Frank I'm jumping in here as a lurker....we can only pilot this thread without you for so long...we need you?

Hey I have said a few things which have been a bit dodgy but at the end of the day we hit the boundaries, bounce a few times back and forth, and come right back again hopefully with a

Come back Frank we miss you...
Old 09-14-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm not sure what to say. Nesty, I could suggest another thread where I'm getting to know lovely people, but I think you are probably hoping Frank comes back, and maybe it's too soon. I agree with the others - you would fit in anywhere. To be honest, I think everyone finds you absolutely adorable! I don't know if Frank will come back though - I kind of doubt it.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

This was Franks thread that he started to make friends and get support- I find it exceptionally vulgar that people jumped in and started cornering him and badgering him for personal info among other things.
Not cool.
If he doesn't come back, thats one of his sober life lines gone.
I also considered him a friend, so I feel bad that he was backed up against a wall.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Shabby I think he may not either . Maybe he just needed a brake time will tell . I'll be fine , thanks for trying to make me feel better
Old 09-14-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am not giving up hope...Frank if you are reading these messages and I hope you are please let us know you are ok?

Blimey o reilley mate I hardly conversed with you?

You have brought me out of my rabbit hole just when you have gone down yours?

Absolutely typical of my luck...
Old 09-14-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yep. I know he came to SR a few months ago and then got fed up, left for a couple of months and then came back again....so he may return. Like you guys say, time will tell. There's no reason why we can't stick together in the mean time though, eh?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Jen I agree with you 100% SR is for helping people on a journey to recovery . Not to be ridiculed & shamed , because he wouldn't open up his personal life . Everyone is different & work through sobriety at their own pace .
Old 09-14-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Agreed
Old 09-14-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

A reminder

This probably won't go over well but I have to say what I'm thinking. Frank was very curious and was free to ask the ladies questions if he wanted. Frank is old enough and should be able to handle a little questioning or a slight reprimand. This reminds me that you have to walk on eggshells concerning alcoholics plus they think the whole world revolves around them. Like they are the only ones in the room with importance. Omg, ladies, really? If he's this sensitive then he's not serious with his recovery. This is real life, when is he expected to live in reality. Ridiculous that his following is lost without him. Every one of you are as important. I'm saddened that you've elevated him to some kind of god.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Yes Shabby - Frank brought us all together , we can still hang onto our friendships . I see no reason why
Old 09-14-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 321hope View Post
This probably won't go over well but I have to say what I'm thinking. Frank was very curious and was free to ask the ladies questions if he wanted. Frank is old enough and should be able to handle a little questioning or a slight reprimand. This reminds me that you have to walk on eggshells concerning alcoholics plus they think the whole world revolves around them. Like they are the only ones in the room with importance. Omg, ladies, really? If he's this sensitive then he's not serious with his recovery. This is real life, when is he expected to live in reality. Ridiculous that his following is lost without him. Every one of you are as important. I'm saddened that you've elevated him to some kind of god.
I don't think you get it at all actually.
Frank is a friend, he's free to share what he wants- I overshare information, he undershares, we all have our way.
Frank is not our god, he's our buddy.
We weren't tip toeing around him, we were tip toeing around everyone else getting upset over the stupidest little things around here.
We're not lost without him like a cult, we miss our friend, there were a few of us here everyday and we got used to each other, now one is gone and it sucks.
But thanks for the observation, as incorrect and insulting as it is
Old 09-14-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

He always prefaced his personal questions with "sorry if this is too personal", and I don't think he would have minded at all if we declined to respond.

Frank had no intention of leaving after the personal questions debate - it was when his post was pulled about 'getting into people's knickers'. I think that is a real shame, because Dee was only doing his job and acting upon the rules he has to abide by as moderator. It wasn't personal, and I think it did it in the nicest way possible when he said "some people may not get the joke".