Notices

(Not So) New - Frank's Thread Part 6

Old 09-14-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

This is moronic, I'll keep in touch with my friends on here via PM or another thread.
I'm not digging the company around here lately.
Peace
Old 09-14-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

C'mon guys.
I know peeps are upset, but lets keep it civil.

D
Old 09-14-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 321hope View Post
This probably won't go over well but I have to say what I'm thinking. Frank was very curious and was free to ask the ladies questions if he wanted. Frank is old enough and should be able to handle a little questioning or a slight reprimand. This reminds me that you have to walk on eggshells concerning alcoholics plus they think the whole world revolves around them. Like they are the only ones in the room with importance. Omg, ladies, really? If he's this sensitive then he's not serious with his recovery. This is real life, when is he expected to live in reality. Ridiculous that his following is lost without him. Every one of you are as important. I'm saddened that you've elevated him to some kind of god.
I completely agree with you!!! Frank left SR in a snit in the past also. Hi Frank! We know your lurking! This thread was fun to pop in and out for me on occasion for sure, but agree with Dee, his job is to moderate and the way it was going had nothing to do with recovery, and probably did belong on whatever that PG forum you mentioned due to site guidelines. Lots of other threads to check out Shabs and Nesty what about the ladies only one?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you change your mind Jen, it would be a shame if the thread broke up over this. Maybe i'm dumb (or just a typical man) but i'm still not sure what all this is about.

Being from England I like my football (soccer) and I post on one or two forums where, if you say something provocative you are likely to get abuse up to and including death threats. I really enjoy stoking the trolls on those ones

This is different though since we are all supposed to be on the same side. It's good that we don't all agree about everything, it would be a boring place if we did but hopefully we are grown up enough to see other people's point of view. Also (and i'm not sitting on the fence) both points of view have merit
Old 09-14-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Sadie :-) I am involved with another couple of threads and enjoy them very much.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Sao. I've really enjoyed everyone's company here. I guess we will just have to see what happens once the dust settles.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao I'm perched on the fence beside you . Besides Frank told us to consider his thread our home too . If my memory serves me right . I'm only 39 in my mind , but don't hold that against me
Old 09-14-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I have to get ready for work and shoot off. Will check in later tonight. Love you guys xxxxx
Old 09-14-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

sao I don't know if you had missed my post about what I decided to call my pet Rat . She is officially Mz Pepe La Pew - Pepe for short Ding Ding ring the bell you won the name contest
Old 09-14-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

oxoxox Back at you Shabby , talk laters
Old 09-14-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one Nesty

Have a good day Shabby
Old 09-14-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Your buddy

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I don't think you get it at all actually.
Frank is a friend, he's free to share what he wants- I overshare information, he undershares, we all have our way.
Frank is not our god, he's our buddy.
We weren't tip toeing around him, we were tip toeing around everyone else getting upset over the stupidest little things around here.
We're not lost without him like a cult, we miss our friend, there were a few of us here everyday and we got used to each other, now one is gone and it sucks.
But thanks for the observation, as incorrect and insulting as it is
I'm sorry you took this so personal, if he's truly the "buddy" why is he deserting you over having a post of his removed?
Really? It's not that big of a deal.
Friends stick together. No matter what.

I respect Dee, he is wise and diplomatic with compassion. His observation is correct it was getting away from recovery.
I will let this go. I will bow out from any further comments.
I hope this thread thrives and serves its purpose.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

123hope This may offend you , but I 've been holding my tongue long enough . Part of sober recovery is to let your feelings out .. To Rant so your not tempted to pick up . At least it is for me . I would greatly appreciate it if you *would* not down rate & speak bad about my Friend Frank . That is very unsetting to me & I do not need it !! My Anxiety is through the roof over this whole situation.
I come on Franks thread to associate with people that care about him . There I said my Peace . Now I can relax .....
Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi --

Frank and I have been in contact today -- a positive exchange -- and he asked that I say "hi" to the SRers here.

Like others, I hope that he will return. This is a good and hopeful place.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm sorry but I can't help but notice the irony here. When I was upset, he said that I "left in a pissy fit." And another time he said, "Just come over here and hug me."

Well Frank, just come over here and hug me and come back from your pissy fit. We all have them and we have lots of hugs to go around, as always. (((((Hugs)))))
Old 09-14-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one Venecia,

Morning everyone, My central heating switched itself on this morning so it's officially autumn at Saoutchik Towers.

It is also recycling day so I actually talk to a few neighbours
Old 09-15-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yeah, cool, thank you Venecia. That's good to hear.

We're just heading into Spring over here. Looking forward to some warmer weather. We only ever heat the lounge because we don't have central heating, so one freezes one's little tush off every time one goes to the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, garage....okay, this is getting boring now.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Venecia thanks for the update

sao : my heats been on & off for about a month now . Cold mornings & warm days . Calendar says autumn is on the 23 rd , I think it's a misprint lol It's good to get along with your neighbors . Lets say I put up with mine . One their cats are always coming over to eat my critters at the birdfeeder . Another likes to borrow . The rest are party animals .

Shabby : I kind of have a similar thing - one bedroom & adjoining bathroom is cold . Wow spring , so will be trying to stay warm on our side of the world & you'll be wanting to cool off !

As for me made a Dr's appointment . I just can't keep my BP regulated . It's good for a few hours , then it takes a nose dive . Pulse was 111 the other day & that's when I was resting . Been playing with Mz Pepe getting her used to me

Jen : I know it's not the same without Frank , but maybe we can keep our little gang together somehow ....

Frank: If you come around lurking . You must know your Missed !!!
Old 09-15-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi Nesty, just poking my nose in before turning out the light to try and catch a few zzzzz. I really hope you can get this blood pressure regulated. Blimey, that's not fun at all. So lovely to hear about Ms Pepe. Maybe you will be able to teach her some tricks? I was amazed at one of the videos - I think Frank posted it - at how clever they are!

I reckon we will be able to keep our little gang together.

Goodnight, and talk to you all soon xxxooo
Old 09-15-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

(( Shabby )) Sleep well Yes I've been surfing over videos & info on teaching & training Mz Pepe . First thing is to get them comfortable with you & trust . She came over to me & took a raisin out of my fingers Yea !! Actually she's not a jumpy , run around crazy type . That's a plus . Will look for you later xoxxo