Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-17-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Not so crazy busy for me this week. I do have jury duty on Thursday. I have rescheduled it 3 times due to summer travels, and at first, convenience. But I want to get it done in the summer due to the awful commute to the courthouse to which I was assigned. I chose a Thursday, in hopes of the courts trying to wrap up the week, and not wanting to start anything big headed into a summer weekend. Also, traffic will be lighter than during the school year. I wish I had been assigned closer to home. I would actually look forward to serving, in general. But I hope I am not needed so I only have to do the one day at this location.

Going to take the kids to a matinee today. Son wants to see the new Fantastic Four. I have seen bad reviews, but he wants to see it badly. So, going to grab the cheap show, at 11:30.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Morning. Super busy day yesterday with a short (but long) trip to Rhode Island. Hit the beach up for a few hours. Was nice. Turned out to be a long day as I anticipated and didnt get home until 10pm. Not something I would have normally done on a Sunday when work looms the next day. Anyways, all worked out and I'm still glad I'm sober. There was extreme potential to drink yesterday.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! The week is starting off in full speed for me and I'm home for a sec. to grab lunch, taco salad.

Phoebe, Have you ever heard of Zentangle? It's a form of meditative art using repetitious lines and designs. I did a lot while I was recovering from surgery at home on the couch. It was a great mental escape for me, very relaxing.

Way to persevere, Arbor!

Yall make it a great start to the week.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hi Conquest. I did look into that when you mentioned it. Was not exactly sure what to do, outside of purchasing some kit for doing it. It looked interesting. Like you could create something truly artful.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, finally get to come up for air from the work I'm swimming in. Calling this Monday done and good.

So in the last couple days I've had to look up music groups I've never heard of, Zentangle, and cherry stones. You guys know lots of stuff.

phoebe, I guess school is not too far from reality for your gang. Both my girls are happy with their schedules....a small miracle. And today was son's first day back in class still can't believe that turn of events.

Hoping Monday wrapped up nicely for the North Americans and Tuesday is off to a good start down under.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Mark. Glad your work is going so well lately. We are a bit slow in August. Going to take a few days off this week to be with the fam.

Night all....
Old 08-17-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Long day, Mark! Yes my kids go back September 2nd.

Started watching Orange is the New Black. I love it! Just the first season. How many are there so far? There are some funny lines in that show! Red looks and speaks a bit like my daughter's old piano teacher, ha!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

There are 3 seasons pheobe love ~ 39 episodes.

Love to all of you, busy day here. ♥
Old 08-17-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Love to you, too, venuscat (and all). Have a nice day.

Off to bed for me.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:17 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys.

Well, I was right. I have a cold. I exercised some good self care (as they call it in the recovery would) and came home to rest. I could have powered through, and may have to tomorrow anyway, but I also practiced not future tripping (another buzzword...this feels very cheesy) and just dealt with today. Hopefully the extra rest will help, my daughter's birthday party is this weekend and I need my energy!

All the best.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Briar

D
Old 08-17-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Sending you love Briar, and some virtual chicken soup...hope you feel better soon, and have all of the energy you need for the party this weekend.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Good morning gangster. Up and at 'em.

Hoping you feel better Briar. Future tripping...never heard of that either, but I think I do it.

Enjoy the days off Arbor....I remember all those snow mornings you dealt with this past winter.

Wishing all the best day.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Big future tripper here. I hope you feel better, Briar.

39episodes ought to keep me busy for awhile, V! On the chicken one in season 1. I think it is episode 5 or 6.

Been a restless night. I have been napping late afternoon, since daughter has been around to entertain puppy. Not sure that is helping my nighttime sleep any. But I do love naps! I hope I don't doze off if I get chosen for a jury on Thursday!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I wonder if you can dismissed from a jury for falling asleep?
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Orange is the New Black was marathon-worthy for me. And the song gets stuck in my head sometimes. Loved it!

Briar, I hope you're feeling better soon. You're a smart girl to grab some rest when you can. And I don't think you sound cheesy at all. I've never heard the term future tripping, but like Mark said, I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of it all the time. Way to keep your emotions in check!

I've allowed myself to get all worked up over a presentation that I have been asked to do today. I hate speaking to large groups (about 50 people). BUT it'll be over, done with, and a part of the past by 10 am. So just gotta get through it. The rest of the day should be more relaxed.

Arbor, Enjoy your family time! A few days off are well-deserved by you.

And thanks for the reminder, folks. I've gotta reschedule my jury summons too! Bleh. Although it is some of the best people-watching EVER. Lol
Old 08-18-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

You will be AWESOME Conquest. I promise you.

(And I hate the theme song from OINB...fast forwarded it every episode).
Old 08-18-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Hi BD love. ♥
Old 08-18-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Good luck Conquest! You'll be fine. I really dislike public speaking too. Takes a real talent to do it well. It will be over and done with before you know it. 8)

No snow here Mark. Thank goodness. It's hot hot hot hot hot. I'll take it. Hard to believe that September is right around the corner though. I hope it's a long fall.

Feel better soon briar.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

I am watching "Suits", halfway through season 1. It's super cute, not sure how I missed it.

Briar, I highly recommend cold-eeze lozenges (zinc), mucinex, vitamin C and tissues with lotion. I always have all on hand, ready for the battle at any minute!

Someone stole my grill yesterday. Right out of the driveway. You couldn't even see it from the street. I am so angry. A new grill is not in the budget at the moment.