Notices

Class of July 2015

Old 07-05-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StrongEnough View Post
Was feeling pretty physically good during Day 2. I decided to try talking to my wife about my relapse. She really didn't want to talk about it, but I pressed her. I said some things about the state of our life together that have needed to be said for a long time (regarding how terrible my drinking has gotten, the time we missed out on, etc.). She basically broke down, maybe realizing for the first time what was really happening. I think divorce proceedings are going to start tomorrow and she just wants to remove every shred of my existence from her life. We're going to take a walk and talk, but things aren't looking very good She has all of my credit cards and ID, though, so I can't drink even if I wanted to. Definitely a good move during a stressful time...
Yes! Drinking would only make it worse and just temporary fix your situation.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

It's great you are doing this together! Stay strong, one day at a time.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2WheelsGood View Post
Yes.
Was feeling pretty physically good during Day 2. I decided to try talking to my wife about my relapse. She really didn't want to talk about it, but I pressed her. I said some things about the state of our life together that have needed to be said for a long time (regarding how terrible my drinking has gotten, the time we missed out on, etc.). She basically broke down, maybe realizing for the first time what was really happening. I think divorce proceedings are going to start tomorrow and she just wants to remove every shred of my existence from her life. We're going to take a walk and talk, but things aren't looking very good She has all of my credit cards and ID, though, so I can't drink even if I wanted to. Definitely a good move during a stressful time...
Drinking would only make it worse and you know that. But those first two drinks are always such a relief. Those are my favorites.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Some very touching and courageous posts since I checked in here yesterday.
I'm grateful to be on day 3. Some minor stresses in the day but I have dealt with them by heaving a sigh and ignoring them!
The whey-protein drink I've been having in the early evening, and the chamomile tea, seem to be helpful. And I had a really good night's sleep last night!
Sincere best wishes and kind thoughts to all.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

A quick hello from May!

Hope everyone is hanging in there and made it through the weekend alright.
Congrats to everyone on the sober time they have, from a few days to a few hours. The first few weeks were the hardest for me, but man is it worth it!

Keep posting and checking in, we're all here for you and we love updates!
Old 07-06-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

This insomnia is killing me. No sleep Saturday night. A few hours tonight. How can my body heal if I'm not sleeping? Anyone else dealing with this?
Old 07-06-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wittyuserid View Post
This insomnia is killing me. No sleep Saturday night. A few hours tonight. How can my body heal if I'm not sleeping? Anyone else dealing with this?
Lack of sleep makes the early days so hard. But it does pass. A few days in and you eventually drift off......wake up hours later feeling so much better. Its worth hanging in there for.

I've found that when drinking, or early days of sober once I woke up there was no way I could get back off again. That changes too....

Looking forward to getting back there again soon....
Old 07-06-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

......just occurred to me that sitting up late in the blue light of the laptop screen reading SR may not be helping the sleep either.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

HA! Certainly not. I'm going to get some milk and put the computer down for a while. Hopefully I can grab a few more hours of sleep. Sigh.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

First 24 hrs down... always the worst. Already looking forward to that deep sleep that comes around 3-4 days in.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Day 2

Good morning everyone! Slept great last night.

Day 2 for me, tonight will be more challenging. I'm at work so I'll check in tonight.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Do you have another seat available? I sure need it.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
......just occurred to me that sitting up late in the blue light of the laptop screen reading SR may not be helping the sleep either.
Originally Posted by Michelle644 View Post
Do you have another seat available? I sure need it.
There are always available seats! Anything particular you want to get off your chest?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Day 3 and a rough morning physically. I think I spent too much time reading up on the symptoms of alcoholic dementia and DT...I've managed to convince myself I have all of them, but I think, rationally, this is just early withdrawal. Hearing everyone's stories has helped me calm down a bit; it seems like feeling this way is pretty normal for those of us with alcohol problems in the first days of recovery. And it helps me remember that I got over the same thing earlier this year! Going to be a really tough day facing my work after a week of unproductivity, but I'm going to approach it with an honest heart, ask for help, and face the consequences.

On the brighter news, my wife seems like she's ready to give me a chance. She hasn't necessarily forgiven me yet, but I saw some of that love in her eyes again. It gives me hope which, at the same time is a little scary. There's no anxiety when you have nothing to lose I hate that attitude, but it's where my mind often goes. "Just give up everything and you'll lose all this stress that comes with trying to keep it." It's a sick thought process that I'm getting better at recognizing and stomping out. Day 3, here we go. Thanks, everyone.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Day 3 and a rough morning physically. I think I spent too much time reading up on the symptoms of alcoholic dementia and DT...I've managed to convince myself I have all of them, but I think, rationally, this is just early withdrawal. Hearing everyone's stories has helped me calm down a bit; it seems like feeling this way is pretty normal for those of us with alcohol problems in the first days of recovery. And it helps me remember that I got over the same thing earlier this year! Going to be a really tough day facing my work after a week of unproductivity, but I'm going to approach it with an honest heart, ask for help, and face the consequences.

On the brighter news, my wife seems like she's ready to give me a chance. She hasn't necessarily forgiven me yet, but I saw some of that love in her eyes again. It gives me hope which, at the same time is a little scary. There's no anxiety when you have nothing to lose I hate that attitude, but it's where my mind often goes. "Just give up everything and you'll lose all this stress that comes with trying to keep it." It's a sick thought process that I'm getting better at recognizing and stomping out. Day 3, here we go. Thanks, everyone.
I'll be interested to hear how your day at work went today. Good luck! I'm on day two and a half. I'm exhausted.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 3, again. Been at this so many times and I'm so tired of this cycle. Recently had almost a year of sobriety and it was the best year so why is it so hard to get back on track again?? Ugh, I can relate to what you are all feeling/experiencing. Hang in there, it does get sooo much better, if you can just get through the cravings and not take that first drink. We can all do this together. Post and ask for help if you are struggling!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Day 1, here.
My birthday is this month. Had first sober 4th of July in 20 yrs. Can't hold on to it though. I always give in after about a week. I don't know why. I'm eating right now, so I won't drink today. Gotta kick this. I've been at for about a yr, and made 90-100 days once.
Hanging on to a job with insurance. Gonna call a counselor today and set up an appt. nervous bad. I've never talked to anyone before, like a counselor, but I'm sure I could use it. Have to keep fighting.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Re-Member

JL -- glad you've made the decision to see a counselor. Wishing you the best! There is a better life out there for you in recovery and this decision is a positive one for you.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi all,

Day 3, again. Been at this so many times and I'm so tired of this cycle. Recently had almost a year of sobriety and it was the best year so why is it so hard to get back on track again?? Ugh, I can relate to what you are all feeling/experiencing. Hang in there, it does get sooo much better, if you can just get through the cravings and not take that first drink. We can all do this together. Post and ask for help if you are struggling!!!
Day 3 here too. I can relate. Had a year in 2007, then most of one in 2012. Coming up on my crave-time of the day. A big trigger for me is going to the grocery store in the evening. I mean....they put alcohol right next to bread, not to mention strategically located on the end of the aisles! GRRR. But I've already been today and I got this place to be accountable to. So I"m OK today!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I am powerless, and I want to stop drinking today. That will be easy until around five o'clock, when I start to become irritable and feel like I need alcohol to calm my nerves.

In the last thirty minutes that I've been trying to post here, I've been interrupted numerous times by basic life stuff. It's very difficult for me to find the time and privacy to think, or to post here.

I have social anxiety that makes going to face-to-face meetings very difficult for me, so I will start here.

This site has helped me in so many ways over the years (when my drinking was "normal", which stopped about a year ago.

I know that I need support from other alcoholics and addicts, and I need to look at why/how I got to this place.

I will try to check in later, as I will undoubtedly be having a hard time. I'm in a very toxic, crazy-making environment right now, and my husband and I are in the process of trying to stabilize our lives after leaving an old life behind and trying to start over.