View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
StrongEnough

Day 3 and a rough morning physically. I think I spent too much time reading up on the symptoms of alcoholic dementia and DT...I've managed to convince myself I have all of them, but I think, rationally, this is just early withdrawal. Hearing everyone's stories has helped me calm down a bit; it seems like feeling this way is pretty normal for those of us with alcohol problems in the first days of recovery. And it helps me remember that I got over the same thing earlier this year! Going to be a really tough day facing my work after a week of unproductivity, but I'm going to approach it with an honest heart, ask for help, and face the consequences.

On the brighter news, my wife seems like she's ready to give me a chance. She hasn't necessarily forgiven me yet, but I saw some of that love in her eyes again. It gives me hope which, at the same time is a little scary. There's no anxiety when you have nothing to lose I hate that attitude, but it's where my mind often goes. "Just give up everything and you'll lose all this stress that comes with trying to keep it." It's a sick thought process that I'm getting better at recognizing and stomping out. Day 3, here we go. Thanks, everyone.