Notices

Class of June 2015 Part 2

Old 06-16-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Enjoying my fizzy water with a clear head. It's such a great feeling. I actually feel like a normal person when I haven't been drinking. No shame and feeling like loser. I like sober me much better

YuriO - Double digits tomorrow. That's awesome

Maximus - I hope you will have a great second day sober even if you're still feeling a bit fuzzy
Old 06-16-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Maximus - Big smiles: I have no sweet tooth to speak of, but you should see me prove that wrong in the first few days of stopping !

IMO - do whatever you like - or have to - so long as you don't go anywhere near picking up that drink. Whatever you do, it can't be as dangerous as that.

1Step - Thank you for taking the time to post. You have friends here who I am sure - like me - have been thinking about you all day. It's going to be OK. You will find your way.

YuriO - No idea what you should do about Mr Nicotine. Make sure you win the war and not a battle.

Bloody hell - I am so glad you are all here. What a tribe we are !
Old 06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Thanks Nerina. I'm beginning to clear up a bit. You are doing great on day 1! Way to go friend!

Fradley, glad I made u smile! This sugar craving will pass. I also bought some sugar free mints to suck . Getting my weapons lined up and ready!
Old 06-16-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Maximus - Yeah, I just hope my positivity doesn't suddenly stop, but I will come on here the second I start thinking about drinking! I love the support here. It's so nice to have someone to talk to who's going through the same. Makes it at least a little easier.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I came so close tonight it was scarey. I bought wine got my favourite drinking glass out and I managed to smash it for once I am glad I am clumsy. It brought me to my senses hope it's a good omen.

Wine is now tipped down sink and in bed ready to watch a film that was a close call. Tomorrow I need to plan more.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Good job tiredofme! U didn't drink, that's what counts. More plans are always a good idea tho.

My stupid AV already tried to convince me to garbage pic those beers I threw away yesterday. No freakin way am I garbage picking garbage! Pretty low, and scary too. Hate AV.

Proud of u for making the right choice.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
I came so close tonight it was scarey. I bought wine got my favourite drinking glass out and I managed to smash it for once I am glad I am clumsy. It brought me to my senses hope it's a good omen.

Wine is now tipped down sink and in bed ready to watch a film that was a close call. Tomorrow I need to plan more.
I think I would have had a real problem if I had already bought it to be honest. So good job getting rid of it! Enjoy your movie What day are you on again now?
Old 06-16-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

New to this and new to admitting of alcohol addiction

My husband and I have known each other for the past 8 years. We are best friends and have been married now for the past 6 years. We have always socially drank and binge drank most of the time with big crowds, social events, parties etc. It all started in our adolescence when college was around and big parties were a thing. Now-a-days him being 32 in July and me being 28 come August we realize that alcohol has become more than a fun social endevour to one where it is making us dependent on the substance and literally has destroyed our marriage. We have had our problems in the past with our marriage and have gone to counseling/gotten professional advice on how to move on from the certain bumps we have gone through but in the end still have drank. One point or another one gets to hammered then passes out, or gets hurt, or verbally abuses the other one and it is just downright now good anymore.

We have made a few vows to one another to do this together. To be sober, to better our lives and our marriage. We know we are meant to be with one another but have let alcohol take over us as a couple and as individuals.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Switzgal27 View Post
My husband and I have known each other for the past 8 years. We are best friends and have been married now for the past 6 years. We have always socially drank and binge drank most of the time with big crowds, social events, parties etc. It all started in our adolescence when college was around and big parties were a thing. Now-a-days him being 32 in July and me being 28 come August we realize that alcohol has become more than a fun social endevour to one where it is making us dependent on the substance and literally has destroyed our marriage. We have had our problems in the past with our marriage and have gone to counseling/gotten professional advice on how to move on from the certain bumps we have gone through but in the end still have drank. One point or another one gets to hammered then passes out, or gets hurt, or verbally abuses the other one and it is just downright now good anymore.

We have made a few vows to one another to do this together. To be sober, to better our lives and our marriage. We know we are meant to be with one another but have let alcohol take over us as a couple and as individuals.
Welcome to SR and the June class switzgal x it's a difficult decision but the right one I still have moments I crack post here we totally understand and help you. Just like the class helped me
Old 06-16-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Crikey - That is too close for comfort for me. Did you just go into zombie mode in the store ? I have done that, although once it was bought it got drunk. If you go anywhere near a store selling booze again, you had better post here first.

Or send someone else out to do your shopping. Or order take-outs

If you find you have bought booze, post here please.

He is a tricky fella, that AV.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Welcome to June Switzgal and thanks for your post - I love the sentiment behind it.

You two are still young and in love by the sound of it. And that sounds good.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Welcome Switzgal to class of June.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good job tofme. Reminds me of one morning I tried to walk through automatic doors into the beer cooler. They didn't open. Remember thinking "This is a sign, I've gotta stop this" then I saw some wine to my right, and the rest is history.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Welcome switzgal
Old 06-16-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

1step I'm so happy you are back home. Scary stuff. Rehab would be good I think. I sure would do it if I could. In the end, when we reach lasting sobriety, we are doing it on our own, no matter what tools we utilize to get there. Appreciate the time you've got with those girls, time to heal. :-)
Old 06-16-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Well guys today makes 18 days for me. Haven't been sober this long since last summer/fall when I went for a couple months. Feeling pretty dang good. Got one more night of work then I'm on vacation. I get one whole week of qt with my kids. Haven't had that since the divorce. Wooooot! I'll be checking in here often. Don't want to screw this up.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Awesome to hear blackbird, and I'm sure your kids will love having a sober mom during the camp out to play around in the wilderness with!

heh, I have to ask, do you go camping or glamping?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Congrats bbfly, 18 days is great! Happy and proud of u.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation with your kids.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Switzgirl
Old 06-16-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Lol troy, looks like glamping this go around. We are going with grams and gramps, who bought a fancy new RV (equipped with TV and wifi) and the park we are going to has a stocked pond and pool.

I'll have to introduce them to true camping on another trip. Been a dream of mine to go canoe the boundary waters... someday.