Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 7

Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning. No drinking dreams last night, just 7 hours solid sleep.

Off to watch some old sports cars and pit lane/ practice session action
Old 06-11-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi everyone,

2nd practise started a few minutes ago at 6.00pm local time. Scorching hot day, I was definitely glad of my suncream .

Even the the top cars are diesel -electric hybrids the noise is shattering.

Earlier we looked at some past winners as well as some classic and vintage cars. This one (a Facel Vega) was owned by Coco Chanel in the late 1950s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150611_150552.jpg (46.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 06-11-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Checking in from Disney. I'm exhausted lol but it's been pretty fun. At the resort now and not many cravings. Friends stopping by this afternoon to swim - catch up more later
Old 06-11-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have fun at disney TeeBee
Old 06-11-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyones having a good day

D
Old 06-12-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad your having a good time Teebee

Took this picture in the medieval part of Le Mans, kinda looks like Disney or as someone else pointed out Diagon Alley from Harry Potter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150612_111142.jpg (57.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-12-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Teebee, hope your trip is a lot of fun. Everybody loves Disney!

That's awesome Saoutchik. One of the things I miss the most as a native European is architecture and those lovely narrow streets. I took hundreds of photos like that, it's one of my favourite things in the world. Thank you for posting that.

All good here. Quite an intense week - I'm quitting smoking. On end of day 3 - helping myself with an ice-cream. :-) Researching yoga studios in the hood - want to go back to doing yoga which I stopped doing few years back and always wanted to start again but drinking got in the way.
Time to revive some old passions.

Have a good and sober weekend Classmates.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sisterbobby View Post
hello JS
Hi SisB

Hope things are panning out for you.

I heard a saying recently, "Life is Simple, We make It Complicated".

Alcohol just adds to that complication.

Keep posting, I find it helps.

JS
Old 06-13-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Glad your having a good time Teebee

Took this picture in the medieval part of Le Mans, kinda looks like Disney or as someone else pointed out Diagon Alley from Harry Potter
I like how the building in the middle, the floor levels follow the incline of the path but the windows are horizontal.

Wonder what it's like inside.

Great picture by the way.

JS
Old 06-13-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 6 at Disney and I'm taking the mid part of the day in the hotel room. It's very hot and humid which is usually the way I like it but my stomachs been off a bit so I'm taking a few hours in the room.

Hope everyone is good. I've had a few cravings here and there usually at the end of the day or when hanging at the pool.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have the weekend off. Still trying to figure out what the heck is happening. Staying above the stormy water works of guilt for the most part.

Doing okay, just a lot of thinking.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

3 hours to go till race finishes. Tired but enjoying it, went to bed 4am. Up at 8am

Congratulations on quitting ciggies IFYD, in my experience it is a lot easier than alcohol (especially these days when smoking is forbidden in most places)

Take care Sisterbobby

James, I took that pic standing on some narrow stone steps, i could feel people backing up behind me
Old 06-14-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congratulations on quitting ciggies IFYD, in my experience it is a lot easier than alcohol (especially these days when smoking is forbidden in most places)
I'm using an 8 week patch therapy. I tried cold turkey many times and only once lasted past 3 months. My trigger was ALWAYS booze. I'd have a drink and then smoke, funny to realize how even one drink was making me loose inhibitions. Hoping for it to be my last attempt - smoking just feels so wrong in sobriety. For now it's ok but tough at times: imagine having an AV and a CV (cigarrete voice) talking over each other in your head!

Hope all of you are having a nice Sunday!
Onnnnnwards Class
Old 06-14-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
saoutchik

IYCD It is tough at first but eventually it does go right away. I quit in 1987, long before I became an alcoholic and I haven't wanted one despite being drunk hundreds of times so at least after 6 months or so you don't have to try or to 'work at it' like we have to for booze.

I have just had a couple of hours sleep. Early start for home tomorrow
Old 06-14-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

3 hours to go till race finishes. Tired but enjoying it, went to bed 4am. Up at 8am

Take care Sisterbobby

James, I took that pic standing on some narrow stone steps, i could feel people backing up behind me
I didn't mean the photography, it's a great photo! I was talking about the architecture. Someone forgot to use a sprit level, lol.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey all. Quick check in. I'm on my iPhone so this will be quick. Saoutchik your pics are so stunning. Just beautiful.

James it's so nice to see your posts.

Sister I'll post a pic of my daughter dog too. He's a wonderful creature. Roper and him try to play but Roper is just too arthritic.

I've been busy and lots to say but have a sciff of a headache right now but just wanted to say hi.

Love to all!

Jojo
Old 06-15-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you are well Jojo (apart from the headache).

Just got back to UK. Driving back to London in a minute
Old 06-15-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates! Hope all is well?

Feel better soon Jojo!

Anybody here watching Games of Thrones? Tonight is ice-cream and the last episode of the season :-)

Wishing us all a good, sober week.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi all,

First night back at home and getting my head together to go back to work tomorrow. The Disney trip was great - wish I had a day or two more to just hang out at the pool but it was a great week. Beenhaving some of those "maybe just one" or maybe when I go on my next business trip toughts. I have to go back and re-read my earilier posts. It's a pain - wish they'd go away,

IYCD - smokes are not as bad to give up as alcohol but I did have to stop twice becuase the first time I "just had one" and was back to smoking 2 packs a day by the end of the month.

Hi Saoutchik, Jojo and Sister - missed you guys this week.

Take care all
T
Old 06-16-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

If You Can Dream, how did that Game of Thrones ending suit you? lol I haven't seen it but heard plenty about it from the kids.

Well where to start. Things have been great for me. No AV, just clicking along smoothly. I have more thoughts of 'just one' cig than booze. lol Funny how many things I celebrated by lighting up. My last drink was January 17th, and my last cig was March 18th. Not sure what day or month count those are.

Two words. Apple Watch. I bought. lol Should be here tomorrow or the next day. I decided that I deserve it and I'm saving so much money not drinking and smoking.

I also bought myself some golf clubs. When in Rome they say....
I am likely one of the worst players out there but I am having so much fun learning. I'm considering taking lessons. Because if I could ever make great contact with the ball I'd be hooked.

I'm also still doing the cross training, I think that's what it's called. It's near torture I know that. lol But Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays I'm up at 5 am, and off to the gym. I had to buy some wrist supports and that helps a great deal. I'm also still working at the store as well as the golf course. Plus I still do 3 miles every morning on my treadmill. Weightloss is stalled still but that's because I can't stop eating. LOL Well I'm not gaining, I'm not drinking and I'm not smoking, so it can't be too bad. I know all I need to do is cut calories, to get that going again. I'm just enjoying myself.

Sobriety has been a gift to me. I thought to myself the other night that sobriety gave me my life back. That's true but it's so much more. My life before wasn't this rewarding. I think life is what you make of it and I am making the most of mine. It's like holy crap I woke up and I'm fifty years old and I haven't experienced so much.

Well I will share pics soon too!

Jojo