View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Jojo1965

Hi guys!

If You Can Dream, how did that Game of Thrones ending suit you? lol I haven't seen it but heard plenty about it from the kids.

Well where to start. Things have been great for me. No AV, just clicking along smoothly. I have more thoughts of 'just one' cig than booze. lol Funny how many things I celebrated by lighting up. My last drink was January 17th, and my last cig was March 18th. Not sure what day or month count those are.

Two words. Apple Watch. I bought. lol Should be here tomorrow or the next day. I decided that I deserve it and I'm saving so much money not drinking and smoking.

I also bought myself some golf clubs. When in Rome they say....
I am likely one of the worst players out there but I am having so much fun learning. I'm considering taking lessons. Because if I could ever make great contact with the ball I'd be hooked.

I'm also still doing the cross training, I think that's what it's called. It's near torture I know that. lol But Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays I'm up at 5 am, and off to the gym. I had to buy some wrist supports and that helps a great deal. I'm also still working at the store as well as the golf course. Plus I still do 3 miles every morning on my treadmill. Weightloss is stalled still but that's because I can't stop eating. LOL Well I'm not gaining, I'm not drinking and I'm not smoking, so it can't be too bad. I know all I need to do is cut calories, to get that going again. I'm just enjoying myself.

Sobriety has been a gift to me. I thought to myself the other night that sobriety gave me my life back. That's true but it's so much more. My life before wasn't this rewarding. I think life is what you make of it and I am making the most of mine. It's like holy crap I woke up and I'm fifty years old and I haven't experienced so much.

Well I will share pics soon too!

Jojo