Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 21

Old 06-19-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...I'm def safe....just looking over my shoulder again...
Old 06-19-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I legit feel bad for the kid that did the shooting...he wasn't right but was waking around with the "tough guy" mentality that's hard to break...adding booze to the mix is just oil on the fire...it happened after the bar was closed....I live far enough away from all this madness now...a large bridge and huge body of water detach me from this utter crap....

This just makes me want to be a better person more then I already am....

On a lighter note, I had my fiancé come with me to therapy again this week and all is well on the fronts...I'm so thankful for her being in my life...we are Bonnie and Clyde for sure...my suicidal thoughts are gone completely which is fantastic...and despite being in credit debt a little the apartment is rockin and doing well...I also am continuing with my art and reading...and also stepped my bead crafting up to a "classier" level so to say...I'm getting inspired by the Buddhist culture and making bracelets and necklaces out of large onyx beads and wood...dark yet spiritual at the same time...

I'm keeping my head up y'all <3
Old 06-19-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Freen- yes, the crime rate is rising again as well in New York due to the heroin epidemic...and well as over population...the worst part is that we can't even call the police because they are more corrupt then the criminals....I used to tell myself this wasn't true and wished to believe it...but it is.

I personally don't carry weapons here because I feel it's just asking for trouble, but I also don't put myself in situations that would need me to have one....my apartment is a heavy steel door with bolt locks and a bar, and a long staircase up to two private apartments, we also have a security system and CCTV high definition camera system watching over the premises...i live above a construction company which is probably one of the safest places to live...crime is very real here but it's also a part of life an unavoidable...staying out of the shadows at nighttime is probably a good idea....I wouldent live anywhere else tho either
Old 06-19-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

My fiancé and I think about leaving the state more and more as the days pass...but we are used to the lifestyle here as well...def something we are constantly thinking about tho

The stress is real...
Old 06-20-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

There's still lots of good things about living in the city, I have family who live in London and they wouldn't dream of living anywhere else. They like the "buz". I'm a country girl, and like to be woken up by the birds each morning, but I can see why people choose the city life.

We had a lovely walk this afternoon, about 8 miles along the river. I'm trying to plan our weekend activities a bit better so they don't get swallowed up too quickly. I want to get out and about a bit more this summer.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

stay safe, ST!

Hope everyone's having a happy sober weekend. I've taken on the task of deep cleaning my house ... Wow. But very therapeutic and satisfying all at the same time. I'm such a nerd!

Keeping up with you all- y'all are awesome.

love the fools!,

I
Old 06-20-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

It is so satisfying to finish a spring clean, whether or not it's actually spring. Good luck with it Izzy!

I'm just getting ready to drive to visit my parents, hopefully I'll not be too late back.
See you later.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Morning fools,
10.37am,
at the desk......................

ST: Wow dude, I'd be keeping well away from him...! Violent people are scary, so are people with nothing to lose.... I've never been to America, but I really want to. After the massacre in Tasmania there was a gun amnesty in Australia, where you handed in your old rifles and such. So guns in Oz are hard to get. Which is lucky because there is a gun culture in the US and if that caught on in Australia, there'd be no one left!!!!b You sound really good in NYC!!!

Izzy: Cleaning is good for you!!!!

Freein: Country over the city any day for me....

UP : I'm back on the smokes....... don't want to talk about it...!

Rocks: You sound great!~

Dee; How are you going Dee.....???

stay tuned...........
Old 06-21-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm good thanks Obo - no worries

D
Old 06-21-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I have a day off work today, and I'm home alone. A totally free day, bliss.

Yesterday I went to see my parents as usual, it was a little upsetting. My Mum seems to be deteriorating mentally quite quickly. There are some changes that they both could make to help improve things, but neither of them are prepared to change. I feel I'm banging my head against a brick wall (and its beginning to hurt!). I have to accept that there's not much I can do to help improve their situation.

Such is life. The only people we can ever hope to change is ourselves, and that's hard enough

Have a great start to the week everyone.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Morning fools,
10.48am,
at the desk....

not much to report....
raining and very wet...!

I wish I had have listened to my father through all the years of lectures as to living life. I was either drunk, hungover or stoned for about 10 years straight and missed all the pearls he shared.

I hate this job. I mean it's not only soul destroying in a 'cant really help' kind of way. It's nearly 3 hours total in commuting too. This on top of the HK work ethic and millions of people buzzing around.... It's just not for me.....
Money!

thanks what I think about having to make money all the time.....

The good wife and I are discussing moving back to Oz and what we'll have to do to make ends meet.
I'm through with teaching I think....
She says after this coming year she will never enter a classroom again.
It takes it out of you teaching....
I agree with her!

So now am considering the work/life/money/stress balance.....
So many people have a thing or two to say about this, but very few seem to pull it off to the point where I'd be happy!!!!

One of those days....

stay tuned......................
Old 06-22-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Administrator

So now am considering the work/life/money/stress balance.....
So many people have a thing or two to say about this, but very few seem to pull it off to the point where I'd be happy!!!!
what would be the point where you'd be happy Obo?

D
Old 06-22-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Obo, I used to get really stressed in my job, to the point of giving up completely. Fortunately I was able to drop some hours, and that has made a world of difference. I had time to think about what brought me to the profession in the first place, then started looking around for a new job (same profession) more in keeping with my interests and values.
Is it worth applying for teaching jobs in Oz, even if it's just to help you keep your heads above water financially, while you relocate back there?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi everyone, I'm still here. Still clean and sober.

I hope everything has calmed down there ST.

I hope you get things figured out obo. I hope you can find a balance that lets you and your family be happy.

On a good note, the doctor said that everything looked good with the stress test. He would like to see my blood pressure a little lower so trying different medication and I need to start exercising more.
It will be good to get the divorce behind me but that isn't what has me so depressed. Better to spend the rest of my life alone than with someone who lies to me even after I had forgiven them.
I have BAD dental issues that will cost me over 10 thousand dollars to get fixed and no idea where to get the money at the moment. I've let make me keep people at a distance and probably cost me the person who means so much to me.

I hope you all have a great day.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff SUID
Old 06-23-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Who was it UP that you kept at a distance, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm having a terrible time right now & not clean & sober
Old 06-23-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Mariah - can we help?

I'm not sure I got the gist of your post either UP? you mean your bad teeth has led to you keep people at a distance?

I can certainly identify with that.

I was lucky that there was a medicare dental scheme here at the time I quit. It's no longer offered which really sucks for low income folks.

I really hope you can find a way.
I use a dental school these days - the students are always well supervised - it might be an option?

D
Old 06-23-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm sorry to hear that Mariah. As D said, is there anyway that we can help?

She is someone who I got to know since I've become clean. We have never met face to face and I fear that I may regret this for the rest of my life. For me the dental problem is just to embarrassing.

Have you ever met someone and feel totally comfortable with them, like you have known them all your life?
I've mentioned before about having trust issues, but with her I feel totally relaxed. I've told her stuff that has always been kept between me and god. Now I'm afraid that I have pushed her away, not by anything I've said to her but by just appearing that things aren't really going anywhere.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Dental school isn't really an option, I need oral surgery. I am going to try and talk to my family doctor and see if there is any way to get medical insurance to cover it.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry UP dental schools here do surgery as well. I hope you can get it sorted

D