Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 8

Old 04-26-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've never been a pot smoker. No interest. Cigarettes on the other hand. I'd happily chain smoke myself to death if it wasn't so expensive.

We had crazy weather yesterday. Big hail storm and flood that reduced the city to shambles. So much hail on the ground it looked like a big snow fall.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TigerLili View Post
I've never been a pot smoker. No interest. Cigarettes on the other hand. I'd happily chain smoke myself to death if it wasn't so expensive.

We had crazy weather yesterday. Big hail storm and flood that reduced the city to shambles. So much hail on the ground it looked like a big snow fall.
10 degrees below normal here but not freezing. Good for the yard and the stuff I put on it. It looks good. Haven't had a cigarette since December 28, 1980.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I quit the cigs in 1980, too. Sooo lucky to have been able to let that one go.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

True dat Jack. You and I have enough bad habits. Peace...
Old 04-26-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

what a bunch of quitters!

wow TL, last May we had a similar hail storm, we got a new car out of the deal,
more people got new roofs and cars from that storm - cars were literally destroyed, I took photos, the ground was covered white like snow...
Old 04-26-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
waking down

I quit smoking cigarettes when I was in eighth grade. True story.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Many people say that cigarettes are worse than alcohol. It's academic. Neither are good. Have a great sober week everyone. Stay close to me. I'm struggling.. The beast is sitting on my shoulder saying "you've been sober for a week. You have a right to relax." Gotta stay busy.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can relax Vet - just tell your AV you want to explore healthy positive non alcoholic related ways to relax

D
Old 04-27-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Arrow

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
what a bunch of quitters!
hahahaha :-)

25 bucks a packet makes me a quitter too.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Our hail storm wasn't destructive because of the size of the hail - it was mostly pretty small, but just the sheer weight of it. Roofs were caved in.

Emergency services cleared up a lot of the hail because it was piled up feet deep in places. Some smaller streets were blocked off and not cleared so kids could play in it until it melted :-)
Old 04-27-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I don't see why cigarette companies couldn't grow smokable herbs that were good for you instead of making cancer sticks. People are amazing when you think about it. We're capable of marvelous things as a species.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

gee TL, sounds like a horrible storm you had... I looked at some video and saw flooded streets...

I'm sure the tobacco companies could grow some other herb to smoke. But be assured they would put the proper chemicals in it to make sure you became addicted to it. The chemical additives in commercially produced ciggys is incredible.

Vet, make sure you keep us informed of your progress please.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
waking down

All smoke is bad for you, whether cigarettes or standing downwind from a campfire or sucking on car exhaust (my favorite). That's why last time I tried weed I ate it. Problem was, though, my left eye kept falling out of its socket and rolling down my cheek. I kept trying to stuff it back in cuz I was getting dizzy from the visuals while my eye was dangling from its optic nerve, but the universe wasn't cooperating so I kind of had a panic attack and then fell asleep. When I awoke the next morning I had both my eyes but a little less confidence in my sanity. So take my advice children, keep your eyeballs in your face and don't eat weed.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Duly noted.

Trolled around on Smart Recovering today and posted in a chat room. I'm going to take a look at some of Smart's tools and try to see how that works for me.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

It's been quite a turbulent week or so for you, Vet. You seem pretty grounded. You got through the worst, the heaviest part. That's good. Keep it up.

On the smoking front: my wife said years ago, when she was doing drug education in schools, that weed smoke was thought to have something like 7X the carcinogenic force of tobacco. So I always figured eating was the healthy choice (for those making bad choices). Your dope eating story, Zero, epitomizes most of my tripping experiences, (not all, of course) , but enough of a repeating common theme that, in an uncharacteristically healthy choice, I gave it all up. happily. Pavlov affirmed again! I gather that alcohol presents a bit more complicated study for Pavlovian analysis.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
waking down

You know, when I decided to quit all the nasty powders it was surprisingly easy, but sugar keeps dogging me. I'm good for a few weeks or a month and then I fall off the wagon and binge even though it makes me feel like crap. I read recently about an experiment where they got rats hooked on cocaine, then introduced a choice: Cocaine water or sugar water. The rats switched from cocaine to sugar. I'm a rat. I have the alcohol handled, and have no desire to do other drugs, but maybe I'll try the Smart Recovery approach to sugar. Nothing I do seems to stick.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Smart has many good tools for addictive behavior from what little research I I've done. I only went to a few meetings but the last time I went the guy next to me was a gambler not a drinker. He had lost a breathtaking amount of money. You might give Smart a try for the sugar Zero.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep your eyeballs in your face and don't eat weed.
my new unofficial sig.

D
Old 04-28-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I love Paulo Coehlo, See. I've never learned how to attach these to my messages but you and Zero have some great ones and symbols too.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Up the top left of the page you'll see 'user cp' vet?
'Edit my signature' is in the drop down menu there.

It can be text or a pic

D