Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 3

Old 04-26-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Day 4 and its been ok. Struggling with headache and itching, but this site and your posts are keeping me focused. Well done for today guys !!
Old 04-26-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goose1 View Post
ZaBoozer - The thread continues. My understanding is this thread is for those of us who decided that a day in April of 2015 is a day we decided to get Sober. We can continue for months and onto 2016, 2017 and so on. My thought is that's how this thread works. We are early in Sobriety and our struggles will be somewhat the same. Perhaps Dee can explain better.
That is true.
I've been posting congrats over at the April 2014 group last couple days. Peeps have been hitting 1yr sober over there. How cool is that!!
Old 04-26-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
That is true. I've been posting congrats over at the April 2014 group last couple days. Peeps have been hitting 1yr sober over there. How cool is that!!
You can also see those who put several months behind them, thought all was good and one night drinking would be ok, only to find themselves depressed, fighting anxiety, and urges again.

I need those reminders.
I know what will happen if I drink again. But i also know that dragon can be more convincing than I can be. I could learn some things from it that would be useful in sales.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesky45 View Post
Day 4 and its been ok. Struggling with headache and itching, but this site and your posts are keeping me focused. Well done for today guys !!
Drink lots of water, got to hydrate bluesky. 2 symptoms of de-hydration are headaches and dry skin.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I don't like my job so its nice to have the option. I want to try to prove to myself I can stay sober - this gives me extra motivation.

I feel like my body is adjusting back to sobriety. I don't usually have too much difficulty on Sundays but I want to check in more often to stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a good, sober day.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hang in there bluesky - you can do this!
Old 04-26-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Hey all,

Daft question, but what happens to this thread at the end of the month?

Cheers,

ZAB
Originally Posted by Goose1 View Post
ZaBoozer - The thread continues. My understanding is this thread is for those of us who decided that a day in April of 2015 is a day we decided to get Sober. We can continue for months and onto 2016, 2017 and so on. My thought is that's how this thread works. We are early in Sobriety and our struggles will be somewhat the same. Perhaps Dee can explain better.
Yeah this thread will continue, as is, for as long as you guys keep posting in it.

The only change is this thread, and you guys as a group, move to the Newcomers Daily Support Forum

Newcomer's Daily Support Threads - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

to make way for what will be the new Class of May 2015 thread here in this forum

D
Old 04-26-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hello all and happy April. It's hard to believe it's almost May. This month really went quickly.

My twin daughters turn 17 in about 3 weeks. Time seems to go so much faster once they hit middle school. Sometimes I wish I could slow it down but other days, it's an amazing pleasure watching them mature.

I'm going to have a few hours alone soon so I'm going to bunker down with a comfy throw and finish "To Kill A Mockingbird". It's been an amazing read.

Happy for sobriety today. It's truly an amazing gift.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesky45 View Post
Nice going buddy.
Day 4 wasn't too fun for me. But the clouds parted shortly thereafter. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

And ditto on the water. Drink tons of it. It helps in more ways then one. Do your body some good and you'll be rewarded for your efforts!
Old 04-26-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC View Post
I feel like my body is adjusting to sobriety
YES! Me too and it's feeling good.
My attitude is overall way better. Doom and gloom moments aren't nearly as bad.

Today was the first time in a long time I woke up with a great attitude. That was nice. Didn't necessarily stay with me all day, but those moments are growing while depression is shrinking. Very noticeable.

More energy. More spring in my step. All that. Loving it.

Before if I was tired, a rum and coke or vodka and red bull was my fix. After time, those would just make me sleepy after 30min or so. My anxiety was so high and sleep was so bad that drinking would shortly lead to a nap. And then to wake up and get moving again....you guessed it...time for a drink!

What a mess. Glad that's over and looking forward to continued improvements with body, mind, and soul.

Glad your here NewDay.
Catch ya later
Old 04-26-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Ah, closing out the day with a nice yoga session - very chilled. Stick with it, it gets better.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
Ah, closing out the day with a nice yoga session - very chilled. Stick with it, it gets better.
Nice.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Yoga is incredible. I may add that to my to-do list tomorrow

I finished the book. It was an incredible read. I'm starting another one tomorrow. It's nice to get lost in someone else's mind for a bit.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Another great thing to add to my list.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Day 2. It was a good day. It was beautiful weather and I really enjoyed the day.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Dinner out. No drink. Didn't want one at all.
Would be nice if every moment was like that.

Looking forward to waking up happy again.

It's official. I made the weekend and I'm officially calling it one week without alcohol, or any other substance for that matter. I really have no idea how long it's been since I've gone a week without putting some kind of drug / alcohol in my body. I honestly can't think of one single week for the past 30 years. I'm sure there was a few in there somewhere. But THIS ONE COUNTS!

It's great to be in control.
G'nite
Old 04-26-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TennantSmith View Post
Yoga is incredible. I may add that to my to-do list tomorrow

I finished the book. It was an incredible read. I'm starting another one tomorrow. It's nice to get lost in someone else's mind for a bit.
I love doing yoga! I am not very good at it but it feels so good. I also am starting to read more also. I used to read tons before my drinking got the best of me; reading with double vision kinda sucks, now it is way more enjoyable! I am reading The Power of Now and Life of Pi.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Dinner out. No drink. Didn't want one at all. Would be nice if every moment was like that. Looking forward to waking up happy again. It's official. I made the weekend and I'm officially calling it one week without alcohol, or any other substance for that matter. I really have no idea how long it's been since I've gone a week without putting some kind of drug / alcohol in my body. I honestly can't think of one single week for the past 30 years. I'm sure there was a few in there somewhere. But THIS ONE COUNTS! It's great to be in control. G'nite
A week today for me too! Congratulations to you, Incontrol, and to everyone on this site making a difference to their own lives and those of those around them
Old 04-27-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Day twenty one here. For more reflections and thoughts on where I stand, feel free to check out my thread - 2 days in (48 hours).

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just joining this thread as someone who quit this month - yesterday was my first night without drinking (and my first with some decent sleep) in a long while. The only difference I'm really feeling today is that I'm feeling incredibly irritable, and hungry for a full english breakfast with extra everything. And pizza for pudding.