Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 3

Old 05-03-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Prayers for Amp and family this morning.
Canguy you’ve got it when you said, ”Only thing that's keeping me this side of the line is the thought...."why should I throw away what sober time I've got because of other peoples behaviour?" it's someone else's hangover...... let it stay that way.....”

Midton, what you posted was very helpful. If we think it will be smooth sailing after detox, then we are all delusional. We just have to be prepared on how we will deal with the peaks and valleys. For example I was so bored last light, I found myself rooting around the fridge and opening cupboards until I quickly realized a trigger. I wasn't hungry and looking for food, believe me, no one keeps food under the sink! I climbed out of the valley and over another mountain last night when I made myself a cup of tea and climbed into bed and watched a mindless reality show.

Safeandsound, it’s an interesting perspective isn't it, being sober while everyone around you is tispsy or drunk? I was out a couple times, and really took note about the drinking habits of my non – alcoholic friends…and I can relate! They drink slowly and they stop drinking after a few rounds or less. I used to just keep going and going, and going and gravitated to the drinkers and partiers. I've not been to a real party yet, but in the future, I will always make sure I have an out. Take my own vehicle and slip away quietly. But, I guess it was difficult for you because it was your own home! That so called friend has shown her true colors, and you were sober to see it loud and clear, it’s a good thing! Cudos to you for not drinking last night, you are amaazing!

Today is my day 12 I think....so far so good. I love Sober Sundays, especially hangover free ! I am enjoying my coffee, and lingering over a late breakfast by the computer. I am eating so much more healthier, and have been more on the ball about taking my supplements and vitamins. One of my supplements is an all natural thermogenic weightloss supplement which speeds up your metabolism and the "heat" burns calories. I stopped taking it months ago because it never made sense to me. Why bother taking it while drinking 1000 calories of wine a night, what a waste of perfectly good healthy supplements. Weird, I chose the wine over my health. Anyways, I don't need to lose a ton of weight, most people think I am too skinny, but they are the obese ones! I started taking the supplement because it actually has 100mcg (1670% DV) of Vitamin B12! Perfect for my battle scared body during recovery.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Just checking in. Day 27, sober, and it will be that way all day. This morning I was out of the door at 7 to get some exercise!

Best wishes to all

OMD
Old 05-03-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OMD View Post
Hi all,
Just checking in. Day 27, sober, and it will be that way all day. This morning I was out of the door at 7 to get some exercise!

Best wishes to all

OMD
wow! Good for you... I am still in my PJs. I am going to get dressed and go for a long walk with the dog. I hear the bears are awake from their winters hibernation, so I will also take a big stick. I live in cottage country where bears roam free!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Last booze: April 10 2015

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Being here is a valuable thing to me too, amp. Sure, its only a short time so far, but it wouldn't have happened without this place.
I definitely second this Canguy!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

"No one keeps food under the sink ..."
Love it Cauliflower! I laughed out loud!
:-)
C
Old 05-03-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Amp, your situation sounds tough in any circumstance. I hope you and the family can get through it ok. I agree with your comment about feeling like you 'know' people on here - I get the same feeling and it really helps. We have one major thing in common, and no one judges anyone else.
Canguy, your sobriety is so important - don't let anyone take that away from you now. What's more important, keeping someone else happy or staying sober? I know what my answer is! Sounds tough - it is, and we have to be! We all have a long way to go on this road and it is very much in our own hands as to how clear or congested that road is. I'm trying my best to clear the clutter from my road, and that means friendships founded mainly on my old ways have to go. (True friends will be an asset during these times of course.)
:-)
Bought another book on mindfulness today by the way. I feel like the pieces of the sobriety jigsaw are starting to fit together.
Onwards and upwards once more!
Best Wishes as always to everyone.
C
Old 05-03-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
I am going to get dressed and go for a long walk with the dog. I hear the bears are awake from their winters hibernation, so I will also take a big stick.
.......take a really big stick Cauliflower.

Thanx for comments and support everybody. Much appreciated. I usually check in here before work....see what has happened over night.

Good day all.......catch up tonite
Old 05-03-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by Cauliflower View Post
wow! Good for you... I am still in my PJs. I am going to get dressed and go for a long walk with the dog. I hear the bears are awake from their winters hibernation, so I will also take a big stick. I live in cottage country where bears roam free!
If there were bears outside my house it would take more than a big stick for me to go outside.

OMD
Old 05-03-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Monday morning here and I've just had my deepest sleep in years. It might have been due to watching the Chelsea game but I suspect it's the lack of alcohol over a sustained period

Chadders, my auto-correct keeps changing this to Chasers(lol), I had a read at that guys site, quite inspiring. I enjoyed it, another perspective and more information to muse over.

Cauliflower, we have bears here too, as well as boats and monkeys. The people who live in the mountains walk about with bells attached to themselves and carry radios and bear mace. The local paper reports the daily sightings. Never seen one myself though , though I did see one many years ago in Maine. Stay safe.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Thanks for your concern guys, I guess I am used to the bears...we had a few in our yard over the years, but none since we got our Sheppard, he's a big doggy, so I feel safe! I also have a whistle around my wrist to scare one away if need be. I've never used it though, lol, imagine blowing away a bear!
Old 05-03-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

All this bear talk reminds me of this...

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear confrontations, the Montana Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and be alert for bears while in the field.

...We advise that outdoorsmen wear small bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears that aren't expecting them, and to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter....

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings.

Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Just checking in I'm off to work hope everyone is staying sober just hang in there and never give up
Old 05-03-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers to amp. Hope everything turns out ok.

1 week ago today I was hungover, Ridiculously hungover, at work to the point of being shaky and nauseous.

2 weeks ago today I was hungover and ashamed of myself for blacking out at a friends party. I woke up crying. I was so mad at myself for continuing on as a drunk even though I've "made up my mind to quit forever" at least a hundred times.

Today I feel in a good place. My body no longer aches from the bloat of alcohol. I'm at work with a clear head. I want to hold on to this feeling and never let go. 1 week done.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

One more thing. I can remember what it was like. 10 or so years ago, when alcohol was not even a factor in my life. I drank a lot when I was a teenager, but then there was a period from about 19-22 when I had a real life. I enjoyed the little things, I loved to exercise & to get outside everyday.... I loved to live. I didn't drink at all and I had a real life. Aside from 2 episodes of sobriety during pregnancy and a few months after, alcohol has consumed me. It's stolen my life for 10 years. I don't enjoy anything but that buzz. I don't want anything but that buzz. I can't wait to get my life back.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Thank you bbf. Makes me sick thinking about that too. Something I have to work on - regret. I carry a lot. But man...it sure is nice to be moving FORWARD instead of standing still while the world races by.

Congrats on your week!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=
Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper.[/QUOTE]

Lol....

Very Good....
Old 05-03-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day twenty eight for me. Your whole weeks. Getting ready for work.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
One more thing. I can remember what it was like. 10 or so years ago, when alcohol was not even a factor in my life. I drank a lot when I was a teenager, but then there was a period from about 19-22 when I had a real life. I enjoyed the little things, I loved to exercise & to get outside everyday.... I loved to live. I didn't drink at all and I had a real life. Aside from 2 episodes of sobriety during pregnancy and a few months after, alcohol has consumed me. It's stolen my life for 10 years. I don't enjoy anything but that buzz. I don't want anything but that buzz. I can't wait to get my life back.
Just today I was reading about collecting positives from your past. In order to move forward you must stop replaying the negatives in your life. We all made mistakes in our last and wish we did things differently. you can learn from your mistakes, but, your not supposed to keep them in the forefront of your mind, your supposed to remember the things you did right. Remember your strengths, not your weaknesses. You won't ever become all you were created to be if you're against yourself!

Well done this week Blackbird!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Some inspiring thoughts here this morning. Makes me determined to make the most of every day! 14 days today...
Old 05-03-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
OMD

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Morning all. Day twenty eight for me. Your whole weeks. Getting ready for work.
WTG ZaB! We're 4 weeks sober today. Unbelieveable!

Today I will not drink.

Have a fabulous day all!

OMD