View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Prayers for Amp and family this morning.
Canguy you’ve got it when you said, ”Only thing that's keeping me this side of the line is the thought...."why should I throw away what sober time I've got because of other peoples behaviour?" it's someone else's hangover...... let it stay that way.....”

Midton, what you posted was very helpful. If we think it will be smooth sailing after detox, then we are all delusional. We just have to be prepared on how we will deal with the peaks and valleys. For example I was so bored last light, I found myself rooting around the fridge and opening cupboards until I quickly realized a trigger. I wasn't hungry and looking for food, believe me, no one keeps food under the sink! I climbed out of the valley and over another mountain last night when I made myself a cup of tea and climbed into bed and watched a mindless reality show.

Safeandsound, it’s an interesting perspective isn't it, being sober while everyone around you is tispsy or drunk? I was out a couple times, and really took note about the drinking habits of my non – alcoholic friends…and I can relate! They drink slowly and they stop drinking after a few rounds or less. I used to just keep going and going, and going and gravitated to the drinkers and partiers. I've not been to a real party yet, but in the future, I will always make sure I have an out. Take my own vehicle and slip away quietly. But, I guess it was difficult for you because it was your own home! That so called friend has shown her true colors, and you were sober to see it loud and clear, it’s a good thing! Cudos to you for not drinking last night, you are amaazing!

Today is my day 12 I think....so far so good. I love Sober Sundays, especially hangover free ! I am enjoying my coffee, and lingering over a late breakfast by the computer. I am eating so much more healthier, and have been more on the ball about taking my supplements and vitamins. One of my supplements is an all natural thermogenic weightloss supplement which speeds up your metabolism and the "heat" burns calories. I stopped taking it months ago because it never made sense to me. Why bother taking it while drinking 1000 calories of wine a night, what a waste of perfectly good healthy supplements. Weird, I chose the wine over my health. Anyways, I don't need to lose a ton of weight, most people think I am too skinny, but they are the obese ones! I started taking the supplement because it actually has 100mcg (1670% DV) of Vitamin B12! Perfect for my battle scared body during recovery.