Class of October 2014 Part 12

Old 03-08-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a good day Briar

D
Old 03-08-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Briar, I am glad that you are putting your sobriety first and that you have friends and family that are supporting you in that goal.

Your 10 days make me very happy!!!! Be proud; you have earned them.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Venuscat, where are you????
Old 03-09-2015, 03:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning. Volunteering can be very rewarding Conquest. Congratulations on 150 days! Quite a feat. The walkway is looking fabulous FAD. Arbor, nice you and your wife had a date night. Yesterday we took a drive to the snowy beach and had lunch at a favorite restaurant. It was in the high 40's and there were people everywhere; running, walking, biking.

As for meeting new people, www.meetup.com is full of people looking to make connections. It's free. One of the groups that I belong to is a walking group. Yesterday I started with a few miles of mall walking with my group. When the weather improves, our walks will all be outdoors. There are tons of different groups for all types of interests.

V, where are you?
Old 03-09-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I always walk farther when I've got a friend with me. Thanks for the link, BD.

What awesome work, Briar! It sounds like you've got a fantastic support system behind you. So happy for Ya!

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I'd honestly quit counting but saw a post from someone else with about the same number of days and decided to check. I never believed that I'd have this many days together, but here they are.

Venuuuuuuus! Miss you girl.

Make it a great Monday, everyone!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Lunch at the beach sounds nice BD. I think spring may be more anticipated this year than in a long time.

Missing Venuscat and phoebe.

Happy Monday gang....now for some coffee.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great start to the week Octoberians
Old 03-09-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am here! I was out for most of the day yesterday shopping with my daughter. She had some things she needed and so did my son, so I had a good coupon at Kohls. Got her an outfit, the boy 2 pair of pants, and 2 packs of new socks for $51! Not bad. I like getting good deals.

I had the insomnia last night, going on about 4 hours of sleep. I think daylight savings time messed with me. I also had a bit of a late nap after shopping. Not a good idea. I have a feeling I will turn in early tonight. Trying not to eat everything in sight, because I can tend to do that when tired.

I need to read back. Been spending less time online on weekends.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Conquest, wow! 150 days! Awesome! Congratulations!!!

FAD, the path looks beautiful! Back breaking work, too! I am impressed.

Briar, you sound good. That was hard, having to turn your friend away, but a very brave and good choice. I am proud of you and admire you doing that very much. Congratulations on 10 days!

Brighter dayz, I should check out that meetup site. I have another friend who has used it, after moving to a new area. I would love to find a walking group or a few buddies for that.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi, Octsobers!!!!!! Sounds as though everyone had a pretty good weekend.

Warmer temps here with a lot of melting going on. Rain is moving in tomorrow.

Venuscat, where are you little kitty?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi phoebe and SoberLeigh. I think the time change messed with me a bit too...I'm glad it's here but slept through my morning workout time. That almost never happens but I was pooped out last night so maybe the extra sleep was needed.

My family is arriving back this evening and I'm gonna try and have some dinner ready.

I'm getting worried about V....hoping she's just busy.

Hope Monday is off to a good start for y'all....now off to Kroger.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

FAD, I can only imagine how surprised they'll be to see it. Glad you got some good rest. Muscles need sleep to grow as well, right?

Phoebe, I love digging at Kohl's for bargains! My mother always kids with me that I only ask her to go along for the extra senior discount. Lol

This time change has me messed up, too. I think I'm going to grab a quick power nap and try to stay up later....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-09-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hope all is OK V....

What a nice day. 50 degrees people! Some major melting going on here. Welcome to mud season.

Been feeling good lately. Hope it continues...
Old 03-09-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I am here! I was out for most of the day yesterday shopping with my daughter. She had some things she needed and so did my son, so I had a good coupon at Kohls. Got her an outfit, the boy 2 pair of pants, and 2 packs of new socks for $51! Not bad. I like getting good deals.

I had the insomnia last night, going on about 4 hours of sleep. I think daylight savings time messed with me. I also had a bit of a late nap after shopping. Not a good idea. I have a feeling I will turn in early tonight. Trying not to eat everything in sight, because I can tend to do that when tired.

I need to read back. Been spending less time online on weekends.
Kohls has the best sales ever.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Kohl's rocks. But my favorite is TJMaxx and Marshalls (same company). I get pretty much my entire wardrobe there.

Chili night! No cornbread mix in the pantry, but I think we will survive.

I've thought about drinking the past couple days. Not like I'm going to do it, but I catch myself myself sort of rehearsing it in my mind, running back through the routines I had, remembering my old hiding spots, thinking of new ones, thinking of ways to get alcohol. I just do it automatically and catch myself when I'm already in the thought. I assume this will decrease with time. I'll talk to my counselor about it tomorrow.

Best to all!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it will Briar but it's good to get your counsellor involved

D
Old 03-10-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day today guys
Old 03-10-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It's amazing how the weather affects people's moods. With the sun shining and snow melting, everyone around here was so happy! Rain today. Oh well. Still not snow
Old 03-10-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I've thought about drinking the past couple days. Not like I'm going to do it, but I catch myself myself sort of rehearsing it in my mind, running back through the routines I had, remembering my old hiding spots, thinking of new ones, thinking of ways to get alcohol. I just do it automatically and catch myself when I'm already in the thought. I assume this will decrease with time.
Completely normal. It does take a long time but eventually those thoughts will sporadically occur. And when they do you realize it is just a fleeting thought. I never knew that could happen, but it does and will with you Briar if you give it time.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

The faster I recognize and dismiss those thoughts, the better. They usually pop up when I've got too much free time. It's funny cuz I will stay home when I'm "too tired" sometimes, but I've found that hanging out with just my thoughts can be even more exhausting... Best to stay busy for now, I guess.

What I know for sure is that you get stronger every time you overcome those thoughts and urges, Briar. Keep shuttin' 'em down!

All this bargain shopping talk makes me wanna get out there and dig through some racks. We have a huge Ross nearby that's usually a jackpot. I'll let you know what I find...really looking for a new springy bed set... I'm ready to shake this winter off!

Big hugs all around