Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 12

Old 03-07-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Great work, Briar! So very proud of you and happy to hear that your husband and family are so supportive. Big hugs

FAD, I hope you're enjoying the freedom that comes with being home alone! Can't wait to see an update on your walkway.

Arbor, NO SNOW dancing for YA!

Phoebe, Your post sounds like me...no wild table top with tassels stories from my drunken days...mine were more like the opening scene on Bridget Jones's Diary where she's chugging red in pajamas on the couch singing "All By Myself" overeating and crying...smh. NEVER again! Never ever.

I'm up early, tieing up loose ends around the house before heading out to the farmhouse for a family get together. I haven't been out there since I posted those pics, so I'm excited for some more sun and porch time.

How's everyone else? Whatcha working on?

Be well, friends!

And a little Journey, just cuz
Journey: Don't Stop Believing
Old 03-07-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Have a great time at the farm Conquest! I bet you'll enjoy some good food there too.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Heck YA! It's all about the food when we're out there. Lol I'm already drooling for the cake, old school box mix yellow cake with chocolate frosting, a special birthday request made by my cousin.

Guess I should get a run in first. This coffee should have me on my toes in 3...2...1...

Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 03-07-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

And thanks for the song link...Gonna use that as my song of the day. Takes me back!
Enjoying coffee here too, then...you guessed it....gym time.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I hope you guys are having a great weekend!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey Briar!!! Good to see you!

Just got back from dinner. Wife and I are alone! My parents surprised us and took our son for the weekend. So we went out to dinner tonight just the two of us. Something we never do anymore. Even with our boy we hardy eat dinner out. So it was nice. Nice and sober too. Saw all the folks drinking their wine and such. It really didn't bother me frankly. We split a bottle of Pellegrino with fresh lemon and lime. Ahhhh....So refreshing....what a sober journey this is all!
Old 03-08-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi all,

So I got up feeling as though I'm running late even though it's darker...always takes me a day or two to adjust. Gotta get busy today because it's supposed to start raining later this afternoon and then all week. Nothing below freezing in the ten day forecast, spring taking hold. Looks like some of you are enjoying a nice weekend....enjoy.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Arbor, what a nice treat! It sounds like a beautiful night for you two. So glad you got some time with your sweetie.

(((((Briar)))))

How's the walkway coming, FAD? We've got rain on the way here, so I'm thinking your plans maybe been washed out. :/

Where is everybody?!?! I miss y'all!

Yesterday at the farm was awesome. There were a ton of people there for the kids party...got to help pull a car out of the mud so feeling very country. Lol
Today, I'll be working a volunteer event at my church, packing meals for people in need...again, just stretching myself a little here...should be fun.

Have a beautiful Sunday everyone!

This one's looping in my head this morning...
Unspoken- Start a Fire
Old 03-08-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning, Octsobers.

Everyone sounds so well!!!!!!

But, venuscat, where are you???????

Briar, I hope that family day went well; it is great to hear that your family is being so supportive and even more so that you are finding rehab such a positive experience; music to my ears.

Have a great day, everyone.

Sunny and warmer today; hoping that the combination melts some of the snow and ice built up in the gutters and downspouts before the rain that is headed our way.

FAD, looking forward to walkway pics as you make progress!!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Guess everyone's busy having a busy weekend!

Hope your doing well alone FAD. Crush that pesky av and put him in his place if he acts up. Hope the walkways making progress despite the weather.

Might go see a movie at a theatre today. It's been a long while. How much are they up to now?

Love a little mud boggin Conquest. I can relate. I had to pull my boss out of some DEEP snow Friday. He was stuck pretty good with the plow truck.

Darn this time change. Got some much needed sleep but now I'm behind!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey guys....gym done....trip to Home Depot for more supplies done....checking in with SR....almost done....here's a pic of my muddy work in progress, I'm hoping to get the bulk done today and then see if I need to firm up any of the stones after the week's rain. Then I'll dress it up with some landscaping.

Great to hear from You Briar. Hoping to hear from phoebe and V soon. Make it a good one!

Last edited by Mark1014; 03-10-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

It's looking great, from!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

WOWZA!!! Excellent work!!
Old 03-08-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Just saw your update, From! Looks fantastic!

I'm hanging at home after a busy Sunday. Volunteering at the church was fun, lots of interesting people. And they played great music while we packed food for the organization. The last song played was Hotel California! I thought of our group and had to smile. If it weren't for the support I've found here, I know I wouldn't have made it this far (150 today!!!).

Not gonna lie...the AV is stomping around cuz I'm tired and hungry, but I just can't say it enough...sober life is so good. Some couch time and a pb&j will knock that brat back into place.

Lotsa love to YA

Editing to add...interesting spin on visualizing your goals
Old 03-08-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

That was an interesting spin Conquest...and congratulations on 150 days!

BTW...I think it's great how you put yourself out of your 'comfort zone' as part of building a whole new life. I'm pretty good at diving into projects that I enjoy but also I'm realizing that I also do these things to wear myself out so I can sleep. And my projects don't involve new people either. Something for me to think about I guess.....but I really respect what you're doing.

No pb&j here, but after a shower I'm gonna have a tremendous bowl of ice cream....then time to wind down.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks! That really means a lot to me because the things that I'm trying are definitely not easy for me. On the way there, I wanted to turn the car around so badly...new people, new-ish place, new activity... But the feeling after is so peaceful. I'm learning that the satisfaction afterwards makes the uncomfortableness worth it to me. I've just got to work on that panicky feeling that hits right before. Maybe focusing on the process instead of the outcome will help... Like thinking what it would feel like and look like to try new things with excitement/joy instead of fear/anxiety.

Cowboy is talking about taking me out to his hunting lease spot for a weekend. There's no shower there, people!!! That may be a little too far out of my comfort zone for now... I said, We'll see. He said, ok good.
One. Leap. At. A. Time.

Come on now, friends. Sunday night checkin pleeeeez!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm here Conquest. Congrats on 150! Your really putting in some inspiring effort. I think we all are to some degree. It's all worth it. Growing and changing everyday. I got so much done this weekend and managed to have some fun too

Hope V is alright. And everyone else....
Old 03-08-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm all about getting outside and dirty....I don't see how my jeans from these last two days will ever been clean.....but I am also all about a hot shower and clean cool sheets after!

You may have to hone you're huntin' skills Conquest!

Yep, would like to hear from the whole gang myself. I imagine Little Arbor was happy to see his mom and dad!
Old 03-08-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, I hit the double digits today, 10 days sober! Not much, but better than I've done in months.

I had a mixed day. I tore up the freeway to get from rehab to my LifeRing meeting, took a new route and ended up missing a turn, so was 1/2 hour late, but they are cool. The meetings always go at least an hour and a half anyway.

As I was scrambling out of my car to get to the meeting, I got a text from my best friend asking if she could crash at my house for a while, she and her wife are separating. This came as a huge shock. I wanted to help as she's my best friend for some 14 years, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle having her living with us and needing emotional support when I'm so fragile. I automatically thought this blow would be a perfect reason to drink. I talked about it at the meeting and they were adamant it was a bad idea and I have to put my sobriety first, even before my best friend. It sucked tremendously, but I knew they were right, and afterward I told her I'm sorry but I just can't do it right now. It was so hard to make that call, but I knew I had to. She ended up finding a place to stay, and she understood.

After that mess, I met up with a friend from work who knows I have a thing about my pens...I love them. I have all kinds of pens, and they are all awesome. She knew I would stress over people stealing my pens while I'm away from work, and I did. So she surprised me: she gathered them all up and brought them to me. It was the sweetest thing ever, and we had a good laugh. I can't believe how many pens I had there!

So it was a mixed day, but good, and I'm so grateful for my friends and the folks at LifeRing.

All the best!
Old 03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Just saw your update, From! Looks fantastic!

I'm hanging at home after a busy Sunday. Volunteering at the church was fun, lots of interesting people. And they played great music while we packed food for the organization. The last song played was Hotel California! I thought of our group and had to smile. If it weren't for the support I've found here, I know I wouldn't have made it this far (150 today!!!).

Not gonna lie...the AV is stomping around cuz I'm tired and hungry, but I just can't say it enough...sober life is so good. Some couch time and a pb&j will knock that brat back into place.

Lotsa love to YA

Editing to add...interesting spin on visualizing your goals
150 days, Conquest!!!!!! Way to go.