Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 12

Old 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Yeah, BBQing with Venuscat sounds fabulous. Okay, so what time should we arrive and what can we bring - what is traditional Aussie barbie fare. We could do a USA/Aussie barbie cook-off. Fun.
Steaks, sausages, potato salad, vegie burgers or vegie whatever for those who don't eat meat, other yummy salads of your choosing, lots of cold drinks...juice, mineral water, soda if you like.

And dessert...perhaps fruit salad.

We may have to wait a few days as we are having cold snap here though.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That must have given you a fright from...your ride fishtailing on the ice. So glad you are OK.

Conquest ~ you really really love your paper plates huh?
Sounds like a lovely few days...so glad to hear how happy you are.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
Double post....

Oh yeah. I remember what I wanted to ask. Are there public holidays right now in Australia? I bought something from there and the guy can't ship it until next week.
Just a public holiday on Monday. Only one day. But Aussies being Aussies, many people take today off as well, and then I guess we are a day ahead of you...so...

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post
Not the greatest shot but this is my deck. Snow past the railings...
Lordy, that is a lot of snow!!!
And now I understand Arbor, the snow ploughing is your work. I didn't realise.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Wow! I love the pics, guys.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well gang, another weekend almost here. My family will be leaving for Dallas tomorrow and back on Tuesday I think. Spring break is all next week so they are going to play. I will have to be extra vigilant these next few days as just a few months ago this would have been a tremendous drinking opportunity.

It's funny to me that I can't imagine any of y'all as having had too much to drink. Your posts are engaging and insightful. It's hard for me to think of y'all acting as foolish as I used to be.

I hope the day has been/will be a good one.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi gang. An aussie BBQ sounds wonderful right now!

Arbor, you guys got clobbered again today! At least you can pull in some extra cash plowing, but it must be very hard, cold and tiring. Dangerous too. Be safe!

Pretty good day and week here. AV is nagging at me right now. Shovelling in some beef stew to satisfy hunger and hoping that does the trick. Thursday. TV night, and one where we would enjoy drinking together and watching some favorite shows.

FAD, the ice and snow are tough in any amount if you live somewhere where they don't have the resources to treat the roads.

How are things going, V?

Conquest, I do not think I know where you live. But it seems so unusual to me that someone has never seen real snow, simply because it is such a part of life here. I do not really like it very much, lol. A little here and there is pretty, but this winter has been downright oppressive.

Leigh, did you get any sleep yet?
Old 03-05-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Phoebe, yes, thankfully I slept well last night. I had become almost zombie-like; I have never been one of those people who could function on little or no sleep. I still feel in 'negative' territory but so much better overall.

Do you have a favorite Thursday night TV show?
Old 03-05-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

V, burgers, BBQ chicken and ribs are big grilling fare here (in addition to those items you mentioned). Sides of coleslaw and baked beans, too.

We can grill up a real feast; let us know when the weather warms up.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

From, it's kind of cool to have someone in my life who can't tell 'stories' on me.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post

It's funny to me that I can't imagine any of y'all as having had too much to drink. Your posts are engaging and insightful. It's hard for me to think of y'all acting as foolish as I used to be.

I hope the day has been/will be a good one.
I love that about the SR. We get to see each other beneath the surface and behind the front we might have if we knew each other in person. No judgement.

I had some foolishness in my younger days, but really, my drinking was rather boring, sitting around evenings and having too much wine. It caused me poor health, and laziness. It is the health issues that drive my quest for sobriety.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Leigh, we like Gray's Anatomy and Scandal on Thursdays. We have not gotten into the HBO or Showtime series. We should rent them in summer. Here and there, I have caught some Homeland and liked it. We also like Orphan Black if it ever starts up again.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just watched Grey's...onto Scandal as I eat dinner.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning gang,

Happy Friday all. I've heard of some of those TV shows but never seen any of them and have no idea which shows are on each night. I gotta pay more attention to things!

ChickChick, one thing I did notice is that you've made a fresh start and are posting in the new March thread. Been missing you around here. Great job on sticking with your efforts! The tenacity will pay off for sure.....I hope you'll check in with us here as well because you'll always be part of the Octsober team too!

Ok, time to get moving...
Old 03-06-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I had some foolishness in my younger days, but really, my drinking was rather boring, sitting around evenings and having too much wine.
Substitute weekend mornings and early afternoons and beer for the wine and that fits me pretty well. Mostly alone puttering in the yard though.

Looks like a better forecast for almost everyone!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Weekend approaching quickly here. And guess what? NO SNOW is forecasted! It's a miracle! Long range forecast looks to be promising too with temps all next week in the mid 40's. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere
Old 03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

That's great Arbor! A true weekend for you and yours.....well deserved. ENJOY.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks man. What do you have planned? More step stone walkway work?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You nailed it Arbor....the stone walk is my priority. It's a muddy mess now but I'm hoping that by tomorrow I can work with it. I also need to get some pre-emergent on the lawn and other yard stuff I enjoy. We're hosting a swimming party here in April for one of the elementary classes from my youngest daughter's school. It is our part of a fund-raising auction and the place needs to look great. I'm alone here at home the next few days and am looking forward to it but will need to stay busy. The pesky ole AV buzzes around in my head a bit when I know it's just me here for several days.

What's up with your crew this weekend?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys. All is well here. 8 days sober. I'm still having a really good experience with rehab. Once I loosened my grip on all my worries about disappearing from my life, I've really been able to put my back into this. I'm learning so much. I see I need to make a lot of changes if I want to stay sober. It's daunting, but I don't have much choice, do I?

Tomorrow is friends and family day. My husband and daughter are coming, which is going to be really sweet. The place is run like a residential rehab during the day, so family can't visit or call except on this particular day. There will be some education for families and opportunities for everyone to talk in the group. I'm curious to see what my husband will think of it. This is pretty far out of his realm of familiarity. He has been nothing but 100% supportive though. I'm glad he's coming.

Oh, and the weather here is gorgeous.

All the best to you guys!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 8 Briar - you sound great

D