Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 12

Old 04-08-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hi gang, here we are turning the corner on another week. Goes by fast. Phoebe, you'll soon be relaxing on the sea shore and the snow will be a memory.

Speaking of relaxing. I can't. My mind never stops and its wearing me out! I can't even sit through a complete tv program. What do you guys do to 'chill'? When drinking I could sit on the patio and drink a few too many cold ones and feel relaxed. Obviously that's not an option anymore or healthy either. All I know to do is wear myself out so I can sleep.

Conquest....how are you?
Old 04-08-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I had that problem more so in the earlier months. It's not as bad anymore. I've stopped drinking coffee which helped a lot. Drink only tea now. At night I watch an hour of TV or just read/surf the Internet on my iPad. Usually in bed by ten.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Maybe I need a three year old to occupy my time. I'm solidly type A I guess, so some of it is just my nature.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Well that's certainly the other thing. I don't have much down time except for right now (8-10pm). My boy keeps me busy. And come June even busier!
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I am having the same problem from. I used to LOVE listening to music to relax. But I just don't feel in the mood at the moment. I still love my shows though...an hour or so watching something I love does help me to relax. Brushing little V, cuddling up with her...those are good things. That always makes me feel good.

Maybe you should get a dog...nothing better than a beautiful four-legs to help us unwind!

Hi Arbor.

Yes, hoping that Conquest is OK.

Glad you are having a better day today Briar love.

phoebe is going to the shore? I missed that. Oops. Have a nice time love.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi V...we've got a little westie. I've got plenty of beings that depend on me to provide for them. I don't even want to add a gold fish! But you're right, pets can be a joy. I had a collie when I was a boy. I still miss him.

I had a nice lunch visit with my sister today. She's the only face to face person that ever asks me about things and I know she's genuinely interested and not just being polite. I felt good to talk with her and laugh a little too. She gave me a book, so I guess I'll try reading a bit. Good night gang.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Oh! I want to see a picture of your Westie from. I love them; they are so darn cute.
All of these trees and garden projects you show us...I want to see the dog!

Really glad you had a good lunch with your sister.

June huh Arbor; that is not long huh. Do you still have the nursery set up? Or is bubs going to be in the room with you and your wife for a bit? I know everyone does it differently.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exercise chills me...or playing music. Not much else LOL

D
Old 04-08-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Yes, of course, how could I forget exercise? I am in heaven while I walk...well, for the first few hours. I was sore and tired yesterday by the end. I did 5 hours on Monday, and 3 yesterday. But I do love it.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

We have a separate room for the baby I'm setting up still. Got another crib. Gotta put that together still. We will see what happens. With our first he didn't sleep in his room or crib for a while. It's kinda wherever they fall asleep they sleep. Whether it be in a swing, rocker, buzzy chair, etc...

I gotta say though I feel so much better about it than I did the first time around. I can't believe the stress I put myself through trying to maintain the drinking habit. I really fell apart the first three months after we had our son. I ended up coming down with the shingles virus from it all. And I know for a fact it was due to all the drinking. Not just sleepless nights and working full time.

Yes. This time around I'll be so much stronger.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Arbor having my baby was the hardest thing I've ever done. That first year was ridiculous, but I hear and believe that the second one is easier - you know what to worry about and what to let go. I'm sure sobriety will make it a whole lot easier too. I'm happy for you!

I definitely agree on the exercise thing. Especially outside in the sun, really helps my mood. And there's truth to the caffeine issues. When I don't drink it, I am less anxious. I wasn't drinking any while I was in rehab, then I started with a little green tea, now I have a strong cup of black tea in the morning and some green in the afternoon, but that's it. Still way improved from my former coffee habit.

Looks like I'll be doing a day program that basically babysits crazy people during the day in addition to the evening addiction program. It was that or send my ass back to rehab. I've stayed sober but am having a hard time, so I'm trying to cooperate with them and do as I'm told. Not easy for an alcoholic who thinks she knows everything.

I got a sponsor today. I met her when I was in rehab and going to meetings in that area, and we connected. Today my counselor called me, and after I grumbled at her for a while and answered "I don't know" to about a hundred questions, she told me to call someone from rehab and just talk. So I called this lady from the meetings and we got to talking. She asked if I have a sponsor yet, and I said no, then she offered to sponsor me. Wow! Yes! Awesome! We live an hour apart, which sucks, but she works near me, and we can do a lot by phone. She's already given me an assignment. I'm very grateful, I think this will be good for me. This is very foreign to me, but as I said I'm trying to cooperate and do as I'm told.

And I gave myself another set of obnoxious glitter nails. Oh yes, a deep mauve with a gold glitter gradient at the tips. Not to brag, but I do wicked good nails. I've actually considered becoming a nail tech. That's not necessarily off the table.

My best to all.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not a crazy person Briar

D
Old 04-09-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

And it's awesome you have a sponsor now love...if you could only see from my (our) perspective the leaps and bounds you are making. You are doing so so well. I am incredibly proud of you Briar. And I love you. ♥
Old 04-09-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Good morning gang.

My 10 year old wants a loft bed. I've resisted because she'll think it's too childish in couple of years. She's all about it now though and shows me pictures of her 'dream room'. Since I'm completely wrapped around her dainty little finger.......loft bed it is. You're only 10 once. It'll probably take me a week to get it put together. Speaking of where kids sleep, she is just now settling in to her room upstairs! She slept most of her life on a pallet in our room, then on the sofa in the living room (close to our room).

V, I'll get a pic of the dog for you maybe at lunch. She's upstairs snoozing away at the moment..... And you'll be snoozing away at my lunch time.

Busy day ahead, but my favorite relaxed time of day first. Gym time! And today is my favorite chest and triceps, so time to get pumped. Have a great day gang.

P.S. Hope to hear from Conquest today
Old 04-09-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thank you from.

And oh, a loft bed sounds like heaven. You are such a great dad. I promise you your little girl will always remember how good you are to her....these kinds of memories become embedded. (And she may love the bed for years....I would! In fact I'd still love it at my age. ♥).

Conquest will check in soon; she will feel us thinking about her.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread Tobers

join us here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html

D