Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 5

Old 03-12-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

James - vent all you want it's safe here and I'm happy to read. I'm glad you just vented and I hope she can me more constructively supportive in the future. Good job moving along and staying sober.

I was offered £8,000's worth of Turkish Lire for £2,000. I took what I can only call the least bad option and turned it down. They were the kind of people who don't really appreciate a refusal.

Saochik Stay safe and never say yes -

Jojo - I need to get on the gym schedule with you. I'm finding some of the weight your losing. I did go to yoga again tonight and it was a really good sesson.

Sisterbobby - I would take roommates if there's no drama or yelling/being mean to the kids and I can find some happiness. I'm okay staying for the kids if I can get to this point. Praying it's possible.

Today was busy but good - I have an important project at work and am going to have to get a small slide deck together over my vacation in Miami - I don't feel bad at all because it's a great opportunity and I'm getting to speak at an "All department" meeting. Also started making plans for a business trip to Amsterdam and taking an extra day there to "see the sites" - I usually don't do that. I usually fly in and go right to the office - work for however long I have to and then fly back out. I'm going to try to take just a bit of time to see some of these pleases I travel to. So - if anyone has any ideas of what I can safely go visit in Amsterdam please send my way because I have no ideas expect the Anne Frank house.

Wayward, Dee, Soberwolf, and whoever else I missed have a good Friday.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

i got on-line to check reservations, i go camping sunday and come back tuesday. good cuz im not ready yet,

Teebee- i know, roommates may not work for me too? i do not know what is going to happen.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. My wife did get out of the hospital yesterday and seems to be making good progress on recovery so far. It was frustrating as the doctor told her she was getting out of the hospital, at 7:30 AM but then was in surgery all day so didn't give the discharge order until almost 5 PM so We were just waiting around there all day. But it is al good now.

Today is my last day off work and I have someone coming this morning to fix a chip I got in my windshield last week. I'm still sober and feeling good.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone,

Still alive, no blowback

Jojo your sweatshirt description was laugh out loud funny. Maybe you will get down to AM

Glad your wife ok WWS

Enjoy your trips Sisterbobby and Teebee. To get a feel of what Amsterdam is like then taking one of those flat bottomed cruises is ideal. It sounds a bit cheesy but you do get to see a lot and it is worth seeing.
The Rijksmuseum is really cool, especially the Dutch East Indies wing.

Anne Frank museum very poignant but obviously it is small and the queuse are really long
Old 03-13-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Jumping to thread to thread, thought I would pop my head in and say hello!!

Have awesome Sober day!!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great weekend guys
Old 03-13-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Jen73

Cool new Avatar Soberwolf, kinda gothic
Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

did some therapy shopping today at Goodwill, picked up a king size quilted bedspread for 19 dollars and nice reading light for 4.99.
Also, bought a nice bluetooth speaker to replace the IPOD that was stolen, i can play pandora wireless on it. Still need to buy tent LOL
welcome jen, hope you come back and visit again
soberwolf-like your avatar
I wouldn't want to visit Anne Frank's museum, too much hurt

Have a great sober friday night
Old 03-13-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

To get a feel of what Amsterdam is like then taking one of those flat bottomed cruises is ideal.
I think I'll do this - I never have anywhere and it seems fun and relaxing.

Finished packing and we leave tomorrow at 6:30 for the airport. Coolest plan is air boat through the everglades. Other from that it's beach and wandering through a national park near by and bikes. I'll check in often like I always do as you guys are my support.

Hey Jojo - hope your workday went well.

Sisterbobby - I'll have to do some Goodwill shopping - sounds fun.
Wayward - hope she gets out tomorrow.
Saouchik - hope London has a nice spring day and I hope James has a nice fall one. (that's weird isn't it??)

Hi Dad Soberwolf thanks for checkin in on the kids

Thanks for stopping by Jen - we like company. How's February doing?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Deanna, Lovehoops and LLG6 - how's it hangin? What are you guys doing for the weekend??
Old 03-13-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in on a Friday night. Just got back from a basketball game of my son's. The varsity season ended last month...this starts "spring hoops". It's actually pretty lame...no real plays, equal time for all, running clock but kids are expected to do it. I love to watch but it's almost an hour away. I did not make it to "fall hoops" because i would choose to stay home while they left and drink..I'm sober today so I will go to the games!

Waywardson, I'm glad your wife is home and beginning to recover.Great news.

Jojo..you keep goin' girl!

SisterBobby, I stopped at thrift store as well today.I walked away from a great little table on Tuesday at a different store. I went back the next day and it was gone..I knew it would be! You gotta grab it when you see it!

TeeBee, have a great trip to Miami. AFter this winter, the sun will be especially wonderful! Travel safely and keep in touch!

Hi to LLG6, Sauotchik, Deannya, and anyone else I missed. Hi to Jen too!

Have a great night
Old 03-14-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice sober saturday guys
Old 03-14-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning. Today is 7 weeks sober for me now. Time just flies doesn't it. My wife's recovery is going good. Two neighbor ladies are going to check up on her when I go to work.

Yesterday was a nice spring day here. I already had to cut the grass yesterday here.

I'm going to the gym this morning and then it's back to work. Have a good weekend everyone. Have a nice vacation Teebee and a good camping trip Sisterbobby. Hi Jen.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

congrats WWS, that is wonderful. Time is starting the giddy-up for me too, was doing a slow trot there for a while.
Started a fire in pit last night, major trigger. I didn't want to mimic a gin drink with a cold drink with ice in a tumbler, so grabbed a cold can of diet soda. I hesitated for a few hours prior, AV was thirsty, but I stuck a sock in her.

Hey, I just gave AV a gender, i wanted to say he and almost did, but last time I looked , I am a she, and it's about time I take total control over my actions. Need to stop blaming others for my actions, esp. the he's in my life. Wake up call!!!!!!!

Okay, need to get my grab box ready and get a tent. Later and hope you all have a great sober saturday.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

opps, her and he are very large, o-well.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice sober saturday evening guys
Old 03-14-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

In Miami and made it here fine. Got into the hotel and just hanging out with one of my girls as she got stung but a Portuguese Man of War. Luckily just on a finger and she's ok now but it hurt a lot she says. We watched a bunch of videos on them via YouTube and have learned a lot. Tomorrow we airboat.

I have to say vacation does kind of wake up the AV huh? I figure one of two fun vacations without and I'll set different memories. I will say it's warm and sunny.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

I reckon it's day 56 for me? Not sure, I'm losing count.

Holy crap! Teebee! A Portuguese what?!?! I'm too freaked out by the name to evil google that bad boy!

Went to Costco today, so I have to run and clean up from putting everything away.

Just popped in to say hey hey!

Jojo
Old 03-15-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 73 begins when I wake just popped in to say hello before I nod off. Decided not to go clubbing had a nice time gymming cooking and watching tv.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats to everyone reaching a personal milestone