Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 5

Old 03-04-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sharing something - when I first started down this sobriety path I ran across this posted on one of the boards here at SR and it really "spoke to me" Thought someone in this class might find it helpful.

Your Garden

Whatever grows in your life is what has been planted there, what has been nurtured, fed and given time and attention.
What is growing there? What is it that has been planted in your one beautiful, precious life?
Have you carefully planned the rows of fruits, vegetables and flowers? Or are things growing there that blew in with the wind? Are weeds taking over?
It is never too late to weed your garden, and now is the perfect time to pull out the dead things, the unwanted things, the overgrown things, and make room for the new growth you are so badly yearning for.
Take a moment today to see what is truly growing in your life, and whether or not there is room for the things that you most want to see the fruits of.
Be brave enough to pull out the unwanted things and get your life ready to lay the seeds of your wildest dreams.
YOU CAN DO IT!
You are so loved.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I love my sister, however, I am glad that they are gone. They went back home to the snow this morning. Boy they drink lots of beer, i do not like beer, wine, gin or whiskey was me.
Yes, the ruger is a small hand gun. Hubby bought it for me. He is a hunter. I hunted as a child, shot my first deer in early teens, but not now. The only thing I know about guns is how to aim and pull the trigger.
49 days today...
Old 03-04-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

James- i enjoy surprise visits, just knock before entering. lol
Like the poem Teebee.

i have developed lactose intolerance. I have to stop drinking milk too...
Old 03-04-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone

Spring is sort've here in London - bulbs out in the park (crocus's mostly I think).

They said on the weather that Feb 2015 was the sunniest since records began. I've definitely been through worse. Saw one walking around in shorts, despite the sunshine that's still crazy

Havn't heard that song in a long time Waywardson - Kansas were quite well known in the UK back when I was in college in the late '70's.

I'm off to France for the day tomorrow. Since it's a French rail company I am going to see I will be taking the Eurostar train - very relaxing and almost door to door.

Sell quite a bit of kit to the French, they do like a stylishly clad railwayman or woman.
They are probably doing more work in Britain than they are in France (something.called the Crossrail project). They are keeping me busy anyway
Old 03-04-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Day 46!

Okay I'm swamped here at home, but will post more in a bit!

Sister, you rocked that stolen vehicle thing by not drinking! WOW! Good for you!

Hey Teebee, way to go on the gym! I sure love my time there! Haven't been in a few days but I've been doing my thing at home because of time restrictions...

Later guys!

Jojo
Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Could do with a decent nights kip but it's 1:10am and I'm still awake

A mate of mine developed lactose intolerance - he has to drink soya milk etc so maybe gluten as well.
I know he can no longer drink alcohol either. He wasn't alcohol dependent like me but he certainly liked a drink and he quit easily enough
Old 03-05-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Sister Bobby that blows but at least you got your car back and didn't drink!

62 days coming to a close. I find myself feeling happy and grateful! Today I discovered what protein pancakes are and I think my world has been rocked! I'm uber sleepy can't wait for this sober weekend! Night all.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It sure is cold here as another winter blast hit. Yesterday at 2 pm it was 63 degrees then two hours later it dropped to 40 with strong winds howling. This morning it is 28 degrees out. This Texas weather this time of year is something. At least the forecast for the next week is better.

OK everybody up north- you can quit laughing now!

Well enough crying about the weather- the good news is I'm still sober. Before I would grab a bottle of wine for this kind of weather, now it is a nice cup of green tea with honey. So much better. I have today off and I will do my walk later once things thaw out. Have a good day everyone and stay sober!
Old 03-05-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

off to work-49 days
Old 03-05-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Day 47 here and get ready for it..... drum roll please..... 65 lbs to lose is now 45 lbs to lose. WOOO HOOO!!!!

I work today 10-5 and I'm just going to go get on my treadmill. Have a busy day with an eye appointment at 12:00 and a vet appointment for Roper at 2:00. He's getting his blood work done to measure his thyroid hormone. He's looking really good these days. Active and into trouble harassing cats. lol I'm just happy that I'm sober and not having to cancel appointments because I'm too hung over.

Have a great day everyone!

Jojo
Old 03-05-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Day 47 here and get ready for it..... drum roll please..... 65 lbs to lose is now 45 lbs to lose. WOOO HOOO!!!!

I work today 10-5 and I'm just going to go get on my treadmill. Have a busy day with an eye appointment at 12:00 and a vet appointment for Roper at 2:00. He's getting his blood work done to measure his thyroid hormone. He's looking really good these days. Active and into trouble harassing cats. lol I'm just happy that I'm sober and not having to cancel appointments because I'm too hung over.

Have a great day everyone!

Jojo
Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sorry for double post. Not sure what happened but I have to make a correction- I work 5-10 today. Lol oops!
Old 03-05-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
He wasn't alcohol dependent like me but he certainly liked a drink and he quit easily enough
Don't you hate that.

Apparently it all to do with the way we've wired our brain,
An interesting video,
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dqFGfy6yvig

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with DB2, still kept up the drinking but quit as soon as the doctor told him he was likely to lose his feet if he didn't.

56 days = 8 weeks, everyone

Still not finding it any easier.
Got to rewrire those motor neurons
Old 03-05-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bonjour mes amis,

I'm on the Eurostar heading back to Blighty.

From what I could see looking out of various office windows it was a lovely spring day in Paris. Shame I had to spend all day talking numbers and dimensions and delivery dates etc. Hey ho, got to be done

I did at least get to enjoy a nice lunch - still business though, wine was not even offered. In France! I ask you

Wayward- a fellow green tea drinker. I've started buying mine online, the supermarket price is a rip off

Jojo -
Old 03-05-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi James,

Must've just missed your post there

Yeah it was a bit annoying - what was suprising was just how quickly his intolerance got up and running. One week he was fine, the next week he was rushed to A&E having blacked out in the street.

It's like all the options were removed so there was nothing else to think about
Old 03-05-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates!

Another tidbit to throw into my good news of the day list....

Had blood pressure checked (was insanely high when I was drinking) and it is now in the normal range (no meds, just lifestyle improvement). Yeeehaawwww!

Okay back to my race of getting stuff done.... have 2 hours until I have to go to work.... Car is on Empty... lights been flashing at me all day. Haha! Okay later guys!

Jojo
Old 03-05-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Evening all. Spent the day working from home and playing with the kids who had a snow day. Found the best way around thinking about how nice it was to drink in a good snow day was to be outside. The fresh air was good as well. Did the snow blowing then tonight hauled water outside to put on the sledding track to make it icy. Then we had a good time on our snow discs. I am going to feel that tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

Hope everyone had a good day. Today was 8 weeks for me.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good morning. Not much new here. Finally a warm-up is in sight. I'm ready for warm weather again. I missed my walk yesterday so I have to make it up today. Still sober!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 65 - woohoo

Sometimes I feel like I'm holding up a house over my head and don't know how long I can hold it. Not sure if this is just due to my not drinking or family stresses as well. Somedays holding up my sobriety is hard others easy. I know it's still early but just passing along feelings.

Wayeard - I am also looking forward to warmer weather.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm with you on that one Teebee.

When I first quit my AV was like little kids wanting candy or something. It was constant and irritating but not usually too threatning. Now the whining, needling voice has gone and I get afew days at a time of no real desire to drink.

Maybe because I've got sober time to lose but when I get a visit from my AV its like a burly guy shaking my lapels demanding money with menaces

I just keep thinking how much better my life would be without the need to drink

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!