Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 5

Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!
ditto
Old 03-07-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Today makes 6 weeks sober for me. Yesterday I wanted a drink real bad but I got past it and didn't go to the store like I wanted. This definitely is a long process but I am very committed to staying sober now. Thanks everyone for your support here.

I'm heading to the gym this morning before I have to go to work. Have a good day!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I haven't checked in in a couple days but today makes 48 days sober for me. Because I am sober I have been fortunate to offer my support and have been helping someone very early ( 7 days) in their recovery. Like me, it took a long time to find someone to open up to who can understand. Since we are both very private people. I don't want to drink and it feels really good to be able to help someone else say the same. I love the connection us alcoholics can find in each other. I'm feeling great today and it's almost a happy feeling. I hope everyone has a great day!!! Taking the kids to see the new SpongeBob movie tomorrow. Drinking always took away that quality time and waking up hungover gave me no motivation to do anything at all. Stay strong class and your all doing great.!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I have the weekend off, have a semi busy day-

daughter getting married so checking out a reception spot this afternoon,

hubby bought a tractor, need to make sure he know how to operate it. lol ( i was born and raised on a dirt farm/ranch, driven many tractors in my early days, but these new tractors are like looking under a hood of a new car, WTF is all this) this many be a tomorrow chore...

some on-line bills, and work emails, lots of work emails

weeds in garden and start preparing dirt

list goes on and on,

it has been 51 days sober for me,

i notice i do have more desire to get up and get my chores done. Last night may have been a gin night for me and I would have no desire to accomplish things today or have to force myself to do them,

51 days...

hope all have a great day and week end...

oh PS, last month i planned a weekend camping trip alone on top of a mountain, it is next weekend. At the time I made the reservations, i felt i needed to get away from everything, not so much now. However, i still plan to go...it is suppose to be beautiful and no wifi...no dogs but im sneaking in Moe. I think????

one more thing- no dairy makes for a non-eventful trip to the john...if you know what I mean, things we use to take for granted become quite on ordeal as we get older
Old 03-07-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sometimes Sisterbobby you make me crack up

A new Spongebob movie. I'm jealous Deanne
My grandaughter went to her 1st film this afternoon - an Aardman Studios stop motion called Shaun the Sheep, tagline 'catch them if Ewe can'. It's less than 90mins so fine for toddlers.

Its been a really beautiful day in London. Watched a Hindu festival, called Holi, being celebrated near where I live. They all dress up in white and throw paint powder called gujal at each other. It looks great fun

AV nagging a bit this evening but I'm scheduled to phone my aunty Avril who is from up north. She can talk for England so it should distract me for an hour or so

Welldone everyone on your milestones
Old 03-07-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Yes, WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!

Good Saturday classmates!

I'm sitting at my kitchen table, with the sun on my back, enjoying a cup of coffee. It's been a wonderful day so far. I did my work out and then I heard from an old friend who was in town, so my youngest son and I ran out and met her at a restaurant here in town. It was great to see her and she said I look like a bright ray of sunshine. lol I guess sobriety is agreeing with me and is visible to others.

Hubby and I brought out all our patio furniture today, even the rug for the deck. I'm hopeful for spring, so if it snows it won't be the end of the world for things to get wet.

Cleaned out some kitchen cabinets today to accommodate my new lifestyle. Now I have a place for my protein powders, vitamins etc.

AV has been non existent these day but I'm always on guard for that sneaky bastard.

Have a great day everyone and a big "YAYYYY!!" for all of us, every last one of us who have remained sober.

I'm at 49 days, or 7 weeks.

Jojo
Old 03-07-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the milestones guys
Old 03-07-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the milestones guys
Old 03-07-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Just checking in day 65 still sobeerand proud. Im going to a night club next Saturday night. My one friend that knows im sober is supposed to be there and some coworkers as well. I also promised to DD for a coworker of mine that lives close to me. I may be tempted but I will not drink! I have my 90 day gift to self already planned out lol.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

LLG6- do tell what the 90 day gift is...
Old 03-07-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Lol a pair of high top converse shoes!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi guys - I'm up early today getting ready for a work call this morning so it's nice and quiet and I have some time to check up on everyone here. It looks like we're getting to a core group of people for the Jan thread and although I wish there were more of us I'm grateful for you all being here everyday.

It's weird to hear some of you are getting ready for spring as we were out sledding yesterday. The snow was perfect yesterday for packing and I spent about an hour out with the girls. In fact another Mom and I got into the fun and went down the hill a few times. It was really fun but exhausting. I hope that in the next few weeks we get to the point where it feels like Spring is coming. Next Sat me and the family are leaving for Spring break in Miami so maybe when we get home winter will have broken.

A 90 day gift - what a great idea.

Have a great day everyone and a big "YAYYYY!!" for all of us, every last one of us who have remained sober.
I second this Jojo - YAYYYY!!!

Saoutchik - are you in London proper? I get over to the UK a fair amount and love spring time by the Thames. I used to stay in Windsor but now the company I work for is in Harlow. Not the same but it's still nice to get over a few times a year.

Sister - I think it's great you're still going on your camping trip - that sounds wonderful.

Deanna - I saw SB last week - it was well... the kids liked it. I ended up taking a small nap during it in the theater.

And --- Carry on Waywardson. I had to do that at least once.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hello there everyone! This is day 46 for me, but man it feels like forever. In general doing pretty well, you know the "can't complain" type of progress.

Finally getting a little spring like weather here - supposed to be 40 degrees today! We are still knee deep in snow though. I've got some water/ice issues with my roof this year - sprung a few minor leaks! My wife is kind of freaking out, but it's not too bad. I tell her even if the roof caves in, it can all be fixed

Congrats to all of us - we are awesome!

MITA
Old 03-08-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in. Busy weekend with the family, though lots of arguing and it gets me upset and frustrated!
I know my husband is so short tempered with his own business issues but he is like dynamite sometimes. you mix that up with cocky teenagers (or early twentysomethings) and its like amonia and bleach....kaboom!! Hard to take.

MITA, your roof issues are my basement issues. As the 2 feet of snow is melting it's seeping into my basement. The wet vacuum has been busy.

Anyway...i look forward to the warmer weather. Yesterday was in the 30's and it felt like 50 to me. Today warmer. I would like to try to escape and take a walk this afternoon. I usually go early, but why go now when all are still asleep?

I think day 58 for me? Proud of all of us.

Happy sober sunday all xo
Old 03-08-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning. I'm going for a walk this morning. Other than that not much planned for today.

Congratulations everyone for your milestones and staying sober. The hard work is paying off!

Have a good and sober day.

Livelikegold- the 90 day gift is a great idea. I think I will do that too.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day Januarians keep up the awesome work
Old 03-08-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
even if the roof caves in, it can all be fixed
yes it can

day 52

I am taking a trip home end of may for several days, new cloths will be my 90 day gift
Old 03-08-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

While you guys are looking forward to Spring, I came out to the back Deck this morning at 6am in a pair of shorts and tee-shirt. Did some gardening and sitting down now with a cup of tea. Presently 23C and slightly overcast. This won't live long though, March we are officially in Autumn but it starts to cool down quickly after Easter. The winters are mild here, we'd be lucky if we get frost. The cold Westly winds come over from the deserts. Best time of the year right now.
59th day today, I believe. Coming on this page helps keep AV at bay. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Good day everyone!

Day 50 for me! One week from today I turn 50. When I first joined the January class I made a comment that it would be nice to turn 50 and to be sober. Well that seemed like some far off dream. Not now, it's just around the corner. I plan to eat steak and cake on my birthday and enjoy every moment. My Mom is coming out but not until the end of the month so I told her we will do steak and cake with her then too to celebrate. Apparently we both about died during my entrance into the world, so its always been a big deal for my Mommy Dearest.

Well I'm working today until 9 pm tonight. I love Sunday shifts, they are slow and we close up early so I plan on having a hot tub and a root beer when I get home. I've avoided the hot tub for the past several weeks because of the triggers. It was always the official place to drink copious amounts of alcohol. But the past week or so I've been joining the family again. My son bought me a soda-stream, some single serve size bottles and the syrup to my favourite sodas, root beer and grapefruit. He told me now I can create new associations to the hot tub. He's such a great guy, always looking out for me.

Well I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Love to all,

Jojo
Old 03-08-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Jojo

Sorry James I'm hoping for a bitterly cold winter this year - after years renting fibro shacks this will be the first time I've had a properly insulated house LOL

D