Notices

Class of March 2013 part 37

Old 01-22-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I hear great testimonials about those cat diffusers!
This is my second move using it. I try to plug it in a couple of weeks ahead of time, also use the spray version between pad and towel in cat carrier and then plug in new home first thing. Then I keep it plugged in for about a month. I believe it makes a difference for my sweet but challenged kitty.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's warm in Paradise, I wish I could send some sunshine to North and the rest of you northerners.

V I am glad you are feeling a bit better, eating a good meal is a great sign, I hope you continue to make good progress. Sass, Marcher cat lives with his diffuser and it makes an enormous difference to him as he's 17 and demented. With the diffuser he's a perfectly happy cat, without he is yowls and pees in Marcher Dog's bed.

Speaking of such things (not the peeing in beds, medication) Mr Marcher's doctor has put him on a pain medication that is delivered by a patch. Mr Marcher was not especially hopeful as he has had no luck with pain medication but he said this morning that, after 36 hours, he thinks maybe this one might work.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's wonderful, Marcher!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Marcher, I hope the patch keeps helping Mr Marcher!

Thanks for the info on Marcher cat's response to the diffuser. I'll keep that in mind!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great news for Mr. Marcher! And glad you're starting to feel better, V.

Appears as if I'm over the withdrawals. Such a relief as this time around wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared.

I had a terrible drinking dream last night - the first one in a very long time. I was getting drunk at a bar with friends, on very hardcore stuff, and we ended up losing a little boy who we were supposed to be watching! I woke up horrified.

Sass, sounds like things are coming along nicely for next week. It's always bittersweet moving, isn't it? Sad to say goodbyes but excited for a new life. Just think, by this time next week you'll be all moved and settled in

Shoes, a new place just opened up called Heavenly Foot Massage, it is my intent to make it in there one day next week! Thank you for suggesting a massage ... sounds just perfect. And ice cream, too, of course
Old 01-22-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My dad uses those patches Marcher; they have helped him immensely.
I hope Mr M's birthday was a good one...I'm sure you had a lovely dinner.
And thank you, I am feeling way stronger today. Off to see the surgeon shortly, and I want and need to stop these pain meds now. Hope he agrees.

As soon as I can afford it, I am going to buy the Feliway for not-so-little V, but it is SO expensive!!!

Sass ~ you are all important to me. However I am feeling.

Ciao....late, as usual.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Glad you are OK Duff.
Awful dream...but we don't do that stuff anymore. And that is wonderful, yes?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You've got it, V with "we don't do that stuff anymore"! I'm surprised at how solid I am feeling about being and staying sober. It feels like the normal state of affairs. The moving stresses are not affecting that though I am on alert just in case.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Awesome Sass!!!

Oh Gilmer love.....I see you. Get back to work!!

The doc's nurse called me; he is running late. Thank God.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Had one of those "I really hate computers" days. Got through it all and all is good now.

Duff, great to hear you're over the withdrawals, I've seen much damage due to them. I still have occasional drinking dreams, they are weird, I almost always know during the dream that I am dreaming, but it's still scary.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Until recently I didn't really "get" the impact of drinking dreams. I usually don't remember dreams anyway. But in the past couple of weeks I've had several and i do find it a bit unnerving.

Duff, happy you are over your withdrawals! And yes, you are right on about the bittersweet nature of moving. I used to move around so much that there often weren't people to miss and miss me. This time is different but ultimately that's a good thing because it means I've gotten better at making connections with people and developing some good friendships.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh Marcher! And anyone else who cares...perhaps Duff....I am in SHOCK!!!
I have been standing in the middle of my loungeroom for the last hour screaming....and I cannot believe that Federer lost his match. OMG. Never before in 14 years has he lost in the 3rd round of the Aussie Open.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have been standing in the middle of my loungeroom for the last hour screaming...
Who knew golf could inspire such emotion?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LOL trach!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have been standing in the middle of my loungeroom for the last hour screaming....and I cannot believe that Federer lost his match. OMG. Never before in 14 years has he lost in the 3rd round of the Aussie Open.
Oh V! I know, but I've kinda resigned myself to Federer's game changing for a while now. It kills me to say this...but he's getting old! I know not nearly as emotional or shocking, but Wozniacki lost in the 3rd too. For the men, I usually pull for Rafa, he's just so darned cute And for the women, either Williams sister - love those girls.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh Duff....Federer is in the best shape of his life....this was shattering. Yeah, he's been a bit iffy for a bit, but he was back. Roger the remarkable. What happened?????
Sorry, not a Wozniacki fan. And as for the Williams sisters...you can have Serena. I don't like her. But I LOVE Venus. She is pure class.
I am seriously shattered over this...oh, and I don't think Raf is even a little bit cute. I don't think any of them are....I just love awesome tennis. Damn. The Open is ruined for me...
Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys,

Duff, it's good to hear your withdrawals didn't last too long, I have been tapering my anti DS to halve them and will maintain that for a while before reducing further, as I am going through something of a down period now anyway.mi never get physical signs of withdrawal, but without a low maintenance dose I tend to cry at anything which gets mucho embarrassing! Enjoy the foot massage, it sounds lovely.

Shoes, hi, how are things with you now?

, I have seen plenty of trailers for Doc Martin but never watched the program, it's one of those relaxing Sunday evening programs that I never get around to. I might look up the repeats on Sky. I love the devonshire/Cornish coastline, we went there often when I was a child on caravaning holidays. It is a beautiful part of the UK.
Hubby part ex's his Porsche 911 for a Range Rover Sport this week, I haven't seen it yet, but as he comes home tonight, I will get to drive it tomorrow.

Budd, those trousers look erm, well let's just say I doubt I will see them in shops anytime soon! Though the way these young lads wear theirs trousers falling off their butts, maybe they are more practical than we give them credit for!

Trachy, it's not golf sweetie, it's cricket! Der!

Marcher hugs to Mr Marcher belatedly both for his pain and his birthday

Must go have been out running with Molly in freezing rain and I need a warm shower before I get stuck into the housework!

Hugs to everyone xxx
Old 01-23-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Today is National Marching Day in the States

A good day for Marchers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
National Marching Day.jpg (33.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-23-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Lol V- I've known for along time that I'm by myself with my love for Serena, but I really do!

Aw North -- that picture makes me happy
Old 01-23-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers North that image is so apt! I overlooked your subject line when I first read your post and thought "How clever, Marchers on the beach for Australia Day" (which is Monday).

Oh V don't let the Open be spoiled for you! It's a shame Roger got knocked out but there are plenty of possibilities now that the field is opened up -- perhaps Andy Murray will do it at last? I find it more interesting when it doesn't follow the stablished pattern.

Duff how are you going after coming off the ADs?

Babs I keep looking for you, I hope you are reading.

Have a good day peeps.